main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

There is No Passion, only serenity,,, a sidestory for EP 1-3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Kirixchi Kenobi, Apr 25, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirixchi Kenobi

Kirixchi Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2000
    This story begins as a cheesy (but thankfully G-rated) ramance, but will (hopefully) soon evolve into a "side" story for TMP- Ep 3. Please have patience. Those of you who hate "Mary Sue" characters should probably shuffle along.
    Critique, but be gentle.
    -Kirixchi
    Anakin and Amidala were in love. It was no secret now. Too late to stop him, Obi-Wan Kenobi admitted glumly. He wondered if he hadn't been paying attention before, or simply didn't want to see.
    "I saw the way you were looking at the Queen." The Jedi said gruffly to his apprentice, doing the best imitation of the "wise master" that he could muster. "I don't need to remind you again that it is...." he hesitated, searching for the word. "...inappropriate." He finished at last.
    He prayed that Anakin would remain silent. A dozen more steps to their door and then they would both be freed from the spectre of a conversation that neither wanted to have. Obi-Wan would be rid of his duty to speak and Anakin would be relieved of listening. Ten steps. Nine. Eight...
    But it wasn't to be.
    "Inappropriate!" Anakin's voice quivered with the all-too-close-to-anger tone that appeared far more often than was comfortable. "I love her."
    "You shouldn't."
    Five steps away...Obi-Wan tried to keep his voice even. His tone neutral. He tried to project that he believed in what he was saying.
    "I'm a man."
    Obi-Wan seemd surprised by the choice of words. His expression was suddenly stricken, his eyes hollow.
    "You're a Jedi." He whispered hoarsely.
    Without another word, he turned into his room.
    Obi-Wan had never felt comfortable in castles. The temple, his home since infancy, was considered a castle by many, but their perceptions were incorrect. Castles were built by men. Homages to man's artistry and architectural skill. Altars to Stone and steel, paper and cloth, and all the matter that could be twisted under toil and sweat into permanent markers of history. The temple was alive. Flowing. A shrine to the uncontrolable and everchanging. A place of nature. A place of peace.
    The Royal castle of Druckka on Pelos Droama had the static overwrought hollowness that Obi-Wan hated worst. From the moment that he and his Master, Qui-gon Ginn, were shown to their rooms, he had thought of nothing else than escape.
    Seven-O, the protocol droid which had shown them to their room was maddeningly slow in her explanation of the features of the communications and entertainment panels. Obi-Wan's master held a typical expression of polite attention, but the younger man squirmed with boredom.
    For almost a week they had been cloistered on a tiny freighter in an even tinier cabin. Obi-Wan had hoped for a few moments to simply enjoy fresh air and solid ground, but now that seemed unlikely. It was twilight in the capital city. Knowing Qui-gon, they would have a light meal and then bury their heads in study until it was too late to do anything but sleep.
    The thought of even another ten minutes indoors made Obi-Wan feel desperate. He glanced longly toward the window."What lovely gardens." He hinted heavily, pulling back the overly-plush curtain. "An excellent place to meditate."
    Qui-gon glanced toward the window, diverting his gaze only mometarily from the driod. The look was deliberate enough to indicate that he had sensed Obi-Wan's true meaning, but it also conveyed that his young Padawan would not be released so easily.
    "I agree....when the time for meditation comes. There is much to do. We must meet with the queen. Contact the other Jedi..." The dissappointment on Obi-Wan's face was palpable, and for a moment, Qui-gon emphathized. He remembered what it was like to be twenty-one years old, longing for adventure. Too old and jaded to sit idly by as an observer, but too young and inexperienced to play an active role. He hesitated, flicking his eyes between the pile of documents the droid had presented him to review and the planative longing of his Padawan's face.
    Obi-Wan won.
    "Then again, perhaps it would be best for you to engage in some 'ref

2. Rabe02

Rabe02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 1999
    Okay, my boyfriend says I'm too blunt with people. I'll take this opportunity to work on that. Kirixchi, I love all the rich description you have in this story so far.

POST MORE!!!!!!!!!!

What? That was subtle...okay, subtle-er...

3. Kirixchi Kenobi

Apr 24, 2000
    *laughs*
    Okay- I'll try, but I am in the middle of finals this week...I wouldn't look for more than one screen per day.
    Gad you like it- be as blunt as you want if you have something nice to say.

4. Kirixchi Kenobi

Apr 24, 2000
    "Ah...Obi-Wan!"

Obi-Wan Kenobi stopped in his tracks and turned instinctively toward the voice of his master. "Qui-gon..."He answered nervously, edging slightly away from Kirixchi, his companion on the temple terrace.

The older Jedi stepped forward, along with another Jedi master of alien origin and a richly dressed, purposeful looking human that Obi-Wan had never seen before.

"Padawan Dessic." Qui-gon acknowledged grudgingly with a tilt of his head- a gesture which the young girl echoed shyly.

"Obi-Wan, I want you to meet Senator Palpatine."

The human man stepped forward and made a quick, jerking bow. "An honor." He said with a wide smile.

Qui-gon's apprentice studied the senator's face. The skin was fair, with an almost over healthy sheen- his cheeks and nose were dusted with pink as though they had been scrubbed too hard. His blue eyes seemed lost in the creased created by the overbroad smile. A friendly dace, but at the same time...unsettling.

"Senator Palpatine" With a half-step forward, Qui-gon managed inconspicuously slide his body between the two Padawan "- is the representative from Naboo, the planet currently under blockade by the Trade Federation. I'm sure you remember our discussion of their plight earlier this afternoon. Senator Palpatine-" The slight gesture Jinn made in the man's direction was met with another over-eager smile. "-has asked the Supreme Chancellor to send Jedi diplomats on his behalf to negotiate a settlement...the Council has assigned that task to us."

Obi-Wan could sense the pride in his Master's voice at being chosen for such a high-profile mission. Often- *too often lately* Qui-gon's unorthodox manners had left the pair stranded on no-name backwaters supervising colonization operations or shuffling papers in the temple. It *would* be a nice change of pace.

"Will you leave soon?"

Obi-Wan stretched his neck in an attempt to look around Qui-gon toward Kirixchi's voice.

"Tomorrow morning." Jinn answered forcefully.

Was that satisfaction in his voice? Obi-Wan frowned. No, it couldn't be. It was true that his master disapproved of his budding romance, but he had no personal quarrels with the girl.

"I'm afraid the problem won't wait for a solution." Senator Palpatine said softly, as if in compensation for the Jedi master's tone. "We're meeting tonight to discuss strategy and then..."

The man's voice trailed off abruptly. Obi-Wan glanced at the senator and then, noting his distraction, followed his gaze.

He was looking at Kirixchi. Staring. As though seeing her for the first time- and Kirixchi noticed the attention. A soft blush tinged her cheeks and then she looked shyly toward her feet.

*Elements, she's beautiful...*. Kenobi let his gaze linger. Drinking in her soft shape. A study in contrasts. Light complexion wrapped in a dark robe. Soft skin framed by rough cloth. Untamed ringlet twisting in the breeze surrounded by the straight, stoic lines of the temple. Palpatine seemed to appreciate it as well. Obi-Wan clenched his fists as he fought back a sudden twinge of jealousy.

"Perhaps you could join us for dinner Padawan.....Destin, was it?"

"Dessic." Kirixchi answered softly, her chin still angled at her feet.

"Dessic."

Qui-gon cleared his throat. "I don't think that will be possible. The Padawan has duties, training exercises- I'm sure she appreciates you polite offer by you-"

"- won't take 'no' for an answer. "
    Palpatine said lightly. "Come now, you can't grudge a young girl ONE night out in the real world." He flashed another brilliant smile. "And besides, I'm sure that an evening with the Supreme Chancellor- and several lesser senators like my self- could be construed as educational. You never know, my dear, when you are going to be called on to conduct negotiations like this yourself."

"We shall see." Qui-gon said gruffly, moving toward the door. "Obi-Wan, be prepared to leave the temple by dusk tonight."

"Yes master."

"Padawan Dessic you..." He paused to show them another frown. "...you should be ready as well."

Obi-Wan and Kirixchi bowed to the older men and

5. Rabe02

Nov 13, 1999
    UP! Fly, my little thread, fly!!

Sorry. I had chocolate cake for breakfast.

6. Kirixchi Kenobi

Apr 24, 2000
    *grins* Okay, okay....I promise that I will try ASAP. I'm taking my LAST FINAL EVER for Law school tommorrow, so I've had this whole studying thing going on.
    Patience.
    -Kchi

7. Rabe02

Nov 13, 1999
    3 things:

1)That's fine: I can defffinitely sympathize with the final thing.

2)Law school?!? Okay, that's impressive.

3)Another post coming! Yay!

8. Kirixchi Kenobi

Apr 24, 2000
    Rabe02 - If I fail Uniform Commercial Code, it is offically your fault. :p
    I love flattery.

The dining hall of the Senator?s apartment was cavernous. Even Qui-gon Jinn, a massive man by anyone?s standards, seemed diminutive when framed by the arching black glass walls. Obi-Wan and Kirixchi trailed behind him as a servant led them to seats at the table.

Obi-Wan had imagined that ?strategy-session? implied a somewhat intimate gathering- the Jedi, the senator and, perhaps, a few advisors on security, with food as a secondary consideration, but the gathering that they had stumbled upon approached the standards of a full-fledged feast. The long table was rimmed with a dozen guests who seemed to chatter idly among themselves, their tones betraying not even the slightest alarm about the situation of Naboo.

?Ah!!!!! Master Jinn.? Suddenly, from the middle of a clutch of over-fed bureaucrats, Senator Palpatine emerged, his unflinching smile as broad as ever. ?Ladies and Gentlemen,? as if on cue, the level of conversation dwindled to pay attention. ?I introduce you to the saviors of Naboo.?

Qui-gon?s face twitched in discomfort. ?Really Senator, I hardly think-?

Ignoring the Jedi Master?s attempt to intervene, Palpatine continued. ?Qui-gon Jinn...his Apprentice, Obi-tan Kenobi---?

?Obi- Wan ? The padawan mumbled with annoyance.

?-- and the lovely Padawan Kirixchi Dessic. What a pretty flowers you have in your hair, my dear.?

Kirixchi blushed . With the plain blue robe she wore to temple meditation as the only garment she owned approaching ?dinner attire? she had stolen a few blossoms from the temple courtyard to liven the costume. The small, purple buds were woven through the coiled braid which sat on the back of her head.

Qui-gon had remarked, quite properly, that this extra consideration indicated a disposition toward vanity inappropriate for a Jedi, but Obi-Wan had smiled at her charmingly, and the blossoms had remained. Now, feeling the scrutiny of the entire room upon her, she wished that she had heeded the Master?s rebuke and taken the opportunity to change to her regular uniform.

?Allow me to show you to your seats.?

?Master Jinn, Obi-Wan, this is Shem Clafress, Naboo?s ambassador to the Trade Federation. He?ll bring you up to speed on our situation.?

Obi-Wan stiffened as he saw only two empty seats. He and the Senator both turned toward Kirixchi at the same instant.

?And Miss Dessic, since you are here for the atmosphere, I thought you would like a special treat....Have you ever met Supreme Chancellor Valorum?? With a simple step forward, he began to steer the girl toward the far end of the table.
    The two Padawan caught each other?s eyes for an instant. Kirixchi trying to look apologetic, and Obi-Wan beating back his jealousy. Kirixchi dreamed of a career in diplomacy. It would be so exciting for her to meet the Supreme Chancellor. He would try to be happy.

Qui-gon seemed engrossed in his conversation with the Ambassador, but Obi-Wan found it hard to share his interest. He leaned forward restlessly in his chair, craning. his neck to watch Palpatine and the young Padawan. Kirixchi smiled shyly as she was introduced to the Supreme Chancellor, but slowly seemed to become more at ease as the evening progressed.

Probably has something to do with that wine that he?s feeding her... He thought grimly.

?-- don?t you agree, Padawan Kenobi??

?Huh? What?? Obi-Wan quickly turned back toward his master.

?I said It would be best if the Trade Federation did not know that we were Jedi in advance of our arrival.?

?Yes. Sure. Of course.?

Qui-gon sighed and turned back to the man from Naboo, waving his hand in a gesture that said ?Go ahead, you aren?t doing any good here.?

Obi-Wan approximated a nod and then pushed back from the table.

In almost perfect tandem, Senator Palpatine rose from his chair, clanging a silver spoon against his glass for attention. Grudgingly, the Jedi eased back into his seat.

?Friends of Naboo....?Palpatine began

9. Kirixchi Kenobi

Apr 24, 2000
    Please note the lovely illustration that I have added.

10. Semaj Ovured

Semaj Ovured Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2000
    Anyone got a GOOD wav recording of THX?

Thanks.

11. MC3PIO

MC3PIO Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 19, 2000
    I got it. Look it up at audiogalaxy.com. It should be there.

12. BenKanobe

BenKanobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 1999
    That or napster... it'd be in mp3 form, but you can convert it.

13. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    You could just go ask Dr. Dre for it . . .

(That had to be one of my favorite "hypocritical lawsuit" stories of the year.)

14. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    or get it from SCOUR.NET

15. Saeed

Saeed Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2000
    - or just record it yourself. I think it goes something like this...

"Bwoooaaarrrooooooooooweeeeeeeeee"

Saeed TTC

16. mbrannon

mbrannon Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2000
    Eh.. the mp3's people suggested won't sound good, here is a WAV I made from the VOB on my X-Files DVD.
    http://members.xoom.com/Area_27/thx.wav http://members.xoom.com/Area_27/thx.wav

17. Jean

Jean Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2003
    Upping for the move

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.