main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT There really should be another movie between aotc and rots

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by ThisHurricane, Jun 18, 2015.

1. ThisHurricane

ThisHurricane Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 9, 2015
    It would show the battles anakin was in that he won but the jedi thought were lost. Hayden could of been more like a leader like in tcw cartoon. It would make the people who only watch the movies like the character more and feel worser for what happens to him.

2. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I think a buddy movie that showcases Obi-Wan and Anakin's friendship is what's needed, it would give far greater gravitas to the fight in RotS because at the moment its between two people who constantly squabble.

3. Crystalia

Crystalia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 24, 2013
    yup I agree, another movie would have indeed helped.

Oh well this is what happens when you insist on calling your first star wars movie Episode IV...you limit yourself how many movies you can make.

DARTH_BELO and Pensivia like this.
  4. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Personally I don't think the numbering is needed and honestly neither is another film. I'd simply redo the PT and make each a little longer.

5. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015

They can make one without following the episodic order since they are already making spin-off movies like the next anthology film coming in 2016: Star Wars: Rogue One. There are rumors that Disney is in discussion with Ewan McGregor in order to make an Obi-Wan trilogy taking place between Episode 3 and 4.

A remake of the PT will never happen. All 6 previous movies, the Clone Wars series, Rebels, and all the new novels and comic books that have been published since last year are now part of the official Star Wars universe.

Besides, I've learned somewhere that when Disney bought Lucasfilm in 2012, there was a clause in the contract that Disney should not remake any of the previous Star Wars or Indiana Jones movies.

Andy Wylde and Alienware like this.
  6. ThisHurricane

ThisHurricane Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Some people including me like the PT and the episode numbering. And before they redo one of GL stories (dumb idea imo) they should remake the OT as it definitely has aged.

But anyway I agree with what the other two postera ideas. Another movie showing anakin and obiwan in battle together in one of starwars biggest wars would definitely show how close the two are. Another thing it would help was rots pacing. Like some say because of the gap they had to cram too much in it. And who knows how ROTS would have turned out right after GL creative juices were still going after making a war movie. Rots might have been on some batman level dark stuff. Anyways it seems GL missed a good opportunity.

7. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Having a anthology film taking place between TPM and AOTC could be interesting. It's certainly one of the most unexplored eras in star wars. Strangely enough I almost would like to a see film on Count Dooku or Jango Fett in this era then Obi-Wan and Anakin.

8. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    I'm not sure I want to see another actor portray Dooku, although it could be the perfect chance for the live-action debut of Ventress.

9. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Yeah, that is the biggest con if they ever make a Dooku film.

mes520 likes this.
  10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Add Dooku to TPM, add Grievous to AOTC, put a movie between TPM and AOTC and AOTC and ROTS, extend each movie a bit, add some of the deleted scenes etc. 2-3 more movies are needed imo. If it bumps the OT to Episode 7-9, so be it.

11. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    There is another story that was told between AOTC and ROTS and that was TCW series.

If any film is needed, it is between TPM and AOTC.

12. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Just watch TCW, or just the Utapau arc.

Andy Wylde and cwustudent like this.
  13. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    I thought the point was for a live-action film not an animated film or series :confused:

14. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    there is it's called the clone wars.

15. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    There are still the Anthologies...Although it may not happen anytime before 2020, we could eventually see a live action Clone Wars movie. May not feature Obi Wan and Anakin, but then again I don't really think that's necessary. I think their story was done well enough as far as their relationship.

This rumor of an Obi-Wan trilogy between III and IV however excites me quite a bit. I've always said that it would work great to have a whole trilogy that takes place between that timeframe-20 years is a long time-a lot can happen!

16. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Saga Fan: I didn't say it would so I don't really see your point. However unlike some including you, I'll never say never about remakes of these films. :p

17. Mindless Monster

Mindless Monster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 4, 2014
    If anything, the OT needs a reboot. The story isn't nearly as sophisticated or interesting.

S2N2 and Andy Wylde like this.
  18. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    For some.. I find PT quite shallow and dull.

19. Mindless Monster

Mindless Monster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 4, 2014

Different strokes. =)

20. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i kind of agree. The Phantom Menace is almost a prelude in some ways to the next two films. There was a lot of thing's to fill the next two films.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  21. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    As much as CW's kinda sucks, it somewhat offers what many fans wanted to see; Anakin progressing as a Jedi, his friendship with Obi Wan becoming strong, and a more mature stance and partnership between the Jedi and him.

I don't think we need another PT movie. I kinda like the gap and seeing the progression of Anakin and Obi Wan. Nothing is ever good as your own imagination.... and EU.

22. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    A movie showcasing the aftermath of Order 66 and the rebuilding of the galaxy after the end of the Clone Wars is more important to evaluate.

23. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    There thing is they empire did not have to do a lot of rebuilding, most odnthe action took place on the outer rim. Sidouis chosen the seperatists very carefully, the majority were non human species from the mid and outer rim. He would have had to rebuild places like Cato Nemodia but not felucia which was a backwater.

24. DrunkenJedi92

DrunkenJedi92 Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2015
    I think if audiences can get over their irrational hatred for Hayden... that he still young enough to play Anakin in his prime. And with different direction and expirence, maybe he can redeem to those who are open to seeing him again.

S2N2, Andy Wylde and Django Fett like this.
  25. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    I don't think we need another live-action film between AOTC and ROTS, especially since we have the Clone Wars. Personally, I like the films as trilogies, with the TV series and books to fill in the time gaps between.

Andy Wylde and cwustudent like this.