main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT There really should be another movie between aotc and rots

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by ThisHurricane, Jun 18, 2015.

1. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Crazy idea here, but what if they did another TCW movie(s) to wrap up the series?

2. chagrian_scavenger

chagrian_scavenger Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 17, 2015
    That seems like a good idea to me. I really dislike that The Clone Wars didn't get finished properly. I would also like another movie between Attack of the Clones the original Clone Wars movie. It could show how the war really got off the ground and how Anakin became a Jedi Knight. It was shown in the original Clone Wars microseries, but that isn't canon anymore.

And about a remake of the Prequel Trilogy, I don't think it's going to happen (at least not before a remake of the Original Trilogy).
    It would only cause a lot of confusion, and devide Star Wars fans even more.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  3. enigmaticjedi

enigmaticjedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 2, 2011
    There is. It's called The Clone Wars. It's not a movie, but it does the job very well.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  4. mute90

mute90 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 18, 2012
    I wouldn't want another main Star Wars movie shoved in there. The saga works fine as is. However, the Clone Wars is a time period with a lot of interesting possibilities. They could do war-focused movies with the clones. There's political or spy game type material with the senate. There's gritty swashbuckling fun if they bring Hondo Ohnaka and his band of pirates to life. With those options, Anakin/Obi-Wan can have brief appearances, long-range communications, or show up on the holonet.

My biggest wish: a Padme movie set during that time period.

5. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015

I don't think we need another movie between the two films.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  6. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

If they reboot, they will likely do them all not just one trilogy.

7. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Exactly which I have warned of previously.

8. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

Yep, it'll probably be like what happened with Star Trek and what may/will eventually happen to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. They'll suck it dry. Possibly take some wrong turns with the franchise. They'll stop it. Wait a number of years and bam! Reboot! But hopefully not for a long, long time.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  9. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    We don't need another film, but we really should have seen the actual Clone Wars transpiring during the PT. Not just the beginning and the end. That skirmish with the Trade Federation may have set things up, but it also ate up 1/3rd of the prequels' screen time with mere setup for the Confederacy, who could have been more prominent villains.

That the Clone War doesn't even "begin" until the end of AOTC, 2/3rds of the way through the PT, makes it feel like the whole thing is either unimportant, or just stalling until ROTS.

Darth Downunder likes this.
  10. Mindless Monster

Mindless Monster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 4, 2014

It's not really important, because who ever wins the free people of the galaxy lose. That's why I can't get into the Clone Wars series - there's just no point.

I don't see that as a flaw of the films, I think it's quite fascinating that a war is being fought where the victor is the same no matter what. It's quite brilliant on the part of Palpatine to play both sides, but it makes the actual combat scenes lack any real tension or excitement.

mes520 likes this.
  11. ThisHurricane

ThisHurricane Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Probably. But I like them just the way there are so hopefully no reboots. But the OT is older and has stop motion. Plus Disney would be more interested in having a new Luke fighting Darth Vader again. On-topic I like TCW. Its a shame it got cancelled early but Rebels is doing a good job as a sequel.

12. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I think that of the three prequels, TPM was the least necessary. I don't see any reason why the story had to start with Anakin as a kid, and by dedicating this one film to that time period, it makes it all the harder to depict a gradual slide to the dark side. So yeah, I think it would've been better if the PT had started with AOTC (preferably a better AOTC than the one we got), then something in the middle of the war, then ROTS (also a better ROTS than the one we got).

13. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    There is no need to have another film set during the Clone Wars era. In ten years maybe, but focusing on something else makes sense. Anakin Skywalker's adventures during his pre-AOTC training with Obi-Wan makes sense, so does Obi-Wan's adventures with Qui-Gonn as well. Now that the EU is history. This leaves room for exploration.

14. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I'd prefer a few books during that time, just to flesh out Anakins training, Obi-Wan trying to figure out how to be his master, and whatnot, since we've never really gotten a good look at that.

15. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    tpm was in fact the most necessary.

S2N2 and Andy Wylde like this.
  16. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    They must. Not everyone that really enjoyed the series will buy every single book and watch every single unfinished episode that's released.

17. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    Yes agreed. Not only is the Clone Wars an era of so much potential that should be on the big screen, we needed to see that bond better after AOTC. And we needed to see the Jedi Order begin to lose itself. Palpatine's real identity should still be hidden, but some epic battle/storyline to back up the legend of the Clone Wars (with CIS victories as well) and to develop the friendship of Obi Wan and Anakin would be good. It would be good to see scenes equivalent to Master Di's last stand where the CIS wins by overpowering the Jedi.

The thing is it feels more official Star Wars if it is on the movie screen. Clone Wars is good, but was designed for a much younger audience. Nothing wrong with that but sometimes it felt like Anakin was behaving too senior for his actual position given he is still a knight, and he wasn't on the Council yet is present in so many meetings??

I think the series is really fun, but it would be nice to see the GL version of Clone Wars on the big screen. You could utilize some stories like Master Di's last stand or the underwater Mon Calamari stories. Imagine that with movie CGI and acting...epic!!

Clone Wars cartoon is good, but is quite a lot of other people's ideas running the story and also more of a populist series (e.g. bringing back Maul) than progressing the actual story. We didn't see enough of Anakin and Obi Wan in that one (the Clone Wars series movie actually showed Anakin already as a knight and operating on his own).

Imagine a movie between ROTS and ANH. That would be cool to see the Great Jedi Purge or Windu surviving.

18. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Much younger audience? Did you see Umbara!

19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I agree. Why not explore the PT era again, on the big screen and in live action, as well? Make them anthology films in a way, but call them Episode Prologue and Episode Epilogue. Make both for each Prequel, too. Hell, they're probably going to do this for the OT, anyway. So, why not the PT, as well?

DarthTalonx likes this.
  20. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Agreed. I too think this should be done and it would be epic!!

21. ThisHurricane

ThisHurricane Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 9, 2015
    I dont really care for Pt anthology films. But I do hope there is a Obiwan one. That happens after rots.

22. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    If there's a Kenobi Anthology film set during the Dark Times, I'd kind of like it if we saw a nightmare sequence set during a Clone Wars battle.

Valairy Scot and mes520 like this.
  23. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    We should see more of the famous Clone Wars and more Jedi yes!

Also a film in between ROTS and ANH showing us clone stomtroopers and the immediate aftermath and reaction by citizens to the formation of the Empire. How it is perceived as good, people's views on the Jedi, the hunting down of Jedi survivors and the beginnings of Imperial rule.

Davak24 and ThisHurricane like this.
  24. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    There's way too much stuff about the Clone Wars already. It would be fine to have another film set between ROTS and ANH though. This explains what happened to the clone army after the war ended, how the galaxy was rebuilt, the rise of the storm trooper core, etc.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  25. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    Yes. This is a very true statement indeed. TPM was the start of the events that kick off everything that was to follow. It establishes Palpatine's rise to chancellor, the return of the thought to be extinct Sith, the introduction of Anakin and the introduction of the chosen one prophecy, introduction of the mother of Luke and Leia, the introduction of the TF which were duped into starting something they didn't really want to be involved in that would lead to them being disenfranchised with the republic and be one of the major players for the separatist movement. That same separatist movement that would form its own military that would then require Palpatine to gain emergency powers and require the republic to utilize and army of clones, that according to republic was commissioned by a Jedi in secret.

So TPM in many ways was very much needed to be a part of the series.

This is why we have TCW series like we do. It was there to tell the story of the actual clone wars itself. As AOTC starts the clone wars at the end of it and finishes with it early on in ROTS. It was obviously done like that for a reason. And I think it is great just the way it is right now. As far as the films and TCW series is concerned anyway.

MissJo and mes520 like this.