main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

There should be another Corporate Sector/Han Solo novel and it should be written by Luceno

Discussion in 'Literature' started by THRAWN007, Dec 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THRAWN007

THRAWN007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2002
    I really liked the Han Solo adventures by Brian Daley and his adventures in the Corporate Sector. But I think it would be fun if Han and Chewie returned to the Corporate Sector either after ANH or after ROTJ shortly after maybe in the aftermath of the defeat of the Empire. Perhaps six months to a year after ROTJ and Han and Chewie could bring Luke,Leia,Lando,Threepio and Artoo as well and Han and Chewie could reunite with Bollux and BlueMax and maybe even Doc and Jessa. And maybe the antagonist could be the Corporate Sector Authority again wanting to seperate from the galaxy or threaten to take over it and it's up to Han and the gang to put a stop to it. Much like the upcoming Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor will deal with Lord Shadowspawn conquering the Inner Rim and attempting to dominate the galaxy as the New Emporer.

I think such a novel should be written by James Luceno because:

1.He was good friends with Brian Daley author of the Han Solo adventures and written the Robotech series together.

2.He wrote the NJO Agents of Chaos duology dealing with Han and the recent Millennium Falcon novel.

3.Han is Luceno's favorite character to write.

Luceno said in an interview on EU cantina that he would like to write a novel at some point during the classic trilogy much like Stover is doing Shadows of Mindor. A new Han Solo novel set in the Corporate Sector by Luceno would be a perfect continuation and tribute to Daley's Han Solo series.

2. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    Great idea although I'd set it somewhere post DE since 4 - 11 ABY is fairly crowded as is. But not much going on between 14 - 16 ABY... [face_whistling]

3. THRAWN007

Jul 3, 2002
    Anybody else want to see another Corporate Sector novel with Han Solo or a sequel to Brian Daley's Han Solo trilogy?

4. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    I have just hit INTERUDE 1 in Rebel Dawn. Haven't bought the Daley stuff yet but plan to.

I echo your desire for more more Han and Chewie-centric stuff but MF kind of did what might be considered a Han novel so I don't see Luceno touching on that again and the sequel to the Han Solo trilogy would be A new Hope wouldn't it? Anyway, Han Solo and the Hollow Moon of Khorya TPB, and Princess Leia And The Royal Ransom Of Cataalda are coming out along with what might be a slew of quarterly Han and Chewie centered trades.

Han has been conspicuously underused in Empire and Rebellion so it is about time we got more Han. The Clone Wars just can't replace the Han Solo experience so yeah more Han is in order.

5. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing stuff along those lines once Mindor comes out and sells a billion copies.

6. MWStover

MWStover - Traitor - Shatterpoint - ROTS - LSatSoM star 3 VIP

Jan 17, 2002
    From your lips to the publishing gods' ears.

If my opinion counts for anything, I heartily second strong-arming Jim into an OT-era Han and Chewie novel. I can't think of anyone who'd do it better.

7. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    This would be an awesome idea!

8. THRAWN007

Jul 3, 2002
    I just thought it would be cool if Han and Chewie reunited with BlueMax,Bollux and Doc and Jessa for another adventure in the Corporate Sector and brought Luke,Leia,Lando,C3-PO and R2-D2 along either post-ANH/pre-ESB or post/ROTJ.(With Lando it would have to be done post-Jedi). I can't think of a better author to do it than Luceno or they could bring Roger Macbride Allen of the Corellian trilogy to do it. I just thought Luceno would be perfect since he was friends with Brian Daley who wrote the first Han Solo trilogy and Han is Luceno's favorite to write. And Luceno said in the EU cantina interview that he is looking for places in the movie saga that would benefit from standalone novels. Now he maybe reffering to either the prequels or the classics. But I think it would be cool if Luceno did a OT era novel with Han and Chewie set after ANH or Jedi returning to the Coporate Sector to see the state of it either after the Battle of Yavin or shortly after the death of the Emporer and Vader similar to Stover's Shadows of Mindor. It would be called HAN SOLO AND THE RETURN TO THE CORPORATE SECTOR.

9. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    That's a good point. I'm going to have to forgo my usual wait for the library copy and just do that for once.

10. King_of_Red_Lions

King_of_Red_Lions Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2003
    Han Solo's Revenge is the only Brian Daley book I've read. It was good and I plan to get around to the other some day. I'd love for another to be written and Luceno would be a great choice as author.

11. younghansolo

younghansolo Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    only a billion copies? I think you Underestimate their chances.

12. THRAWN007

Jul 3, 2002
    I think that after Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor this potential Han Solo Corporte Sector novel should be the next best thing. I think that each of the big three should have their own hardcover in the time between Truce at Bakura and Courtship of Princess Leia. Luke has Mindor,Han can have his return to Corporate Sector hardcover and Leia could have her own adventure hardcover. But of course in all three books all the major classic characters including Luke,Han and Leia,Lando,Chewie and the droids should have major roles in them but in supporting roles like Han,Leia,Lando,Chewie and the droids do in Mindor.

I hope we see a potential Han Solo return to the Corporate Sector novel possibly by Luceno either set after ANH or shortly after ROTJ around 2011.

13. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/indianajones/images/3/3e/Henry_Jones.jpg]
    Indiana, let it go.

14. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Valiento, is that you?? :eek:

15. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I also want an Artoo and Threepio-centric novel, which brings in some characters from the Droids animated series, maybe Thall Joben, Jord Dusat and Kea Moll.

It's about time the droids get their own book, dammit!!!!

16. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    Oho, have I got a treat for you! [face_mischief]

[image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/4/40/Droidworld.jpg]

It's Buena Vista's answer to Shatterpoint.

17. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Long as it's written by Stover...

The vast Yuuzhan Vong force continued to bear down on the helpless colony of Hoojibs, but two lone droids stood in their way.

Two is enough.

Two is enough because the Hoojibs were right - though this is the end of the age of droids, it has saved its best for last.

18. darthjulian777

darthjulian777 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2008
    ya that would be cool, lucenos a cool guy i could suggest it to him ( he lives in the same city as me i've me thim before...)

19. thesithempire

thesithempire Jedi Knight

Dec 11, 2008
    For that matter, Vuffi Ra should come back, perhaps as leader of the Silentium to defeat whatever evil is threatening the universe.

20. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    With the caveat that I haven't read the Millennium Falcon novel yet... A great idea! In my opinion, Luceno is the best EU author and he truly captures the spirit of the movies. But I must get around to read MF...

21. THRAWN007

Jul 3, 2002
    There should be a Lando Calrissian novel dealing with return to Oseon or Rafa and reuniting with Vuffi Raa or the Thonbaka. But a guy can still wish for a new Han Solo/Corporate Sector return novel by Luceno reuniting Han and Chewie with Jessa,Doc,Bollux and Bluemax can he?

22. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    LOL. Actually, I used to have that when I was a kid, and the Marvel comic it was based on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.