There's a bug with the fanfiction boards.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by DARTH_MU, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH_MU Jedi Master

star 4
    There's a bug with the fanfiction boards.
    I'm using Google chrome, and if you click on fanfiction, the fanfiction resources and star wars fanfiction display the same thing with the what's new feature.
  2. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I believe it works that way because the SW fanfiction board is a subforum of Fanfic and Writing Resources. (I think we've had this question before..)
  3. DARTH_MU Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm sorry, I didn't seem to express the situation correctly,
    What I mean to say is that both fanfiction resource and fanfiction-before the saga,saga, and beyond the saga forum display the same thing.
    So the subforum issue does not apply.
    You can see the difference when you compare the situation with expanded universe literature and euc. euc and literature display different things, but fanfiction resource and fanfiction-before,saga,beyond display the same thing.
  4. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Yes, but Lit and EUC are separate forums. They exist on the same level under the category of Books etc. If you expand the category you see both sitting there.

If you expand the FanFic category you don't see Before, Beyond, etc. You see Fanfic and Writing Resource along with Non SW Fanfic and Fanfic Stories. That's because they are on the same level, like Lit and EUC. Notice that under the Fanfic and Writing title there is a subforum indicator. Hover over that and you'll see Before, Beyond, etc. Because it's a subforum whatever is newest is displayed next to the board name in the category listing.

There's a similar situation here in Comms with the Rules & Announcements forum being a subforum (look up top of the thread listing). If I updated something there it would show as new until someone updated a Comms thread or posted a new one.
    Last edited by LAJ_FETT, Jan 23, 2013
  5. DARTH_MU Jedi Master

star 4
    I see the situation now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.