main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "There's More Than One King" - The MonsterVerse [Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Eeth-my-Koth, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Maybe it's because I watched it on a plane but the biggest problem with Battle: LA is that was boooooooring.

2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    It was a movie of various brown and beige-clad humans fighting grey and beige-clad aliens in an environment that was mostly brown/grey.

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  3. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    lol well said

4. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    The first firefight was in what appeared to be a Saharan sandstorm, too. I think I stopped watching after that.

5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  6. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  7. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    I'm a sucker Godzilla is cool and I will catch the new movie maybe MOTHRA will make a cameo.

8. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  9. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    There's no way it'll be as bad as the devlin/emmerich travesty. The teaser trailer looks amazing. They seemed to have the right tone.

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

That's one big Godzilla

Darth_Panicius likes this.
  11. Darth_Panicius

Darth_Panicius Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 7, 2013
    Or maybe he's walking through a model village :p

Legolas Skywalker likes this.
  12. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I'm not Godzilla expert. In fact, the awful Mathew Broderick one is the only Godzilla movie I've ever seen all the way through. But if that poster is accurate, this Godzilla actually seems too big.

13. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Yes, though large in the teasers he does nto appear that big in them. Still, if the chart I posted is anywhere near right then Godzilla will be a 450 foot tall beastie. The guided missle cruiser I served on was 460 feet long and 9200 tons.

14. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    The Godzilla from the Mathew Broderick movie was actually ret-conned by Toho when the rights passed back to them in 2003. (There were going to be 3 of those movies, but since the 1st one was received so poorly, no more were made.) The Godzilla from that movie wasn't Godzilla at all, but rather a completely different Kaiju that was simply misidentified by the Americans who weren't familiar with the real Godzilla. In his final movie, Zilla, as he is known, attacked Sydney and was presumably killed by the real Godzilla.

Legendary Pictures has said that the Godzilla of the reboot is going to be 350ft tall, which seems to be supported by the chart above.

15. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I knew that tuna head wasn't up to much.

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I really hope this movie isn't campy.

17. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    So, between the opening of Pacific Rim and from what I've seen from the new Godzilla film, is San Francisco the new Tokyo? :p

Point Given likes this.
  18. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I think Godzilla will be much smaller than he's shown there in the poster to be- recall the Comic Con experience footage that him peering through office tower windows, etc.

As for that scream- I like it for an extended scream, though I hope the shorter ones have the metallic screech most incarnations have had.

Kinda funny how many people probably watched Final Wars for that showdown, but it ends up being less than a minute long (which is kinda cool how quickly the real deal takes down "the pretender to the throne", even if we all wanted something more epic).

Mirror flipped:

20. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    Yeah, that's true. Obviously though, Toho didn't even think much about the match-up. But to be fair, the main scene with Zilla was when he crushed the two horribly stereotypical Australian Mad Max rejects.
    The monster I wanted to see more off was Hedorah, but his screen time barely qualified as a cameo, and despite being a former serious Godzilla foe, was killed quite easily.

Comcast has been playing a bunch of Godzilla movies and watching them, Ramza wasn't lying in that Godzilla continuity is "complicated," to say the least. All 3 eras seem to use the first movie as a jumping point. The Showa era seems to suggest that Godzilla wasn't killed at the end of the first movie and its the same Godzilla throughout, and who kind of retires off to Monster Island I guess. The Heisei era suggests that there were actually 3 Godzillas...The first one which was killed, the second one from 1984 lasted until Destoroyah and exploded, and the third one when junior Godzilla took over at the end. The Millennium series ignores most of everything from the other two, but not always.

21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Like fan fiction.

22. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  23. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
  24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6