main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

There's No Place Like Home (Pre TPM)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by imzadi, Jan 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    I'm not sure if I should post this, it's quite different from the others here. This actually started out as a bedtime story.

Title: There?s No Place Like Home
    Author: Imzadi
    Rating: G (This is just a harmless piece of fluff)
    Spoilers: None

Summary: Someone is looking for a friend.

Timeframe: Pre TPM, Obi-Wan is a teenager.

Disclaimer: Mr George Lucas owns all Star Wars characters and information. No copyright infringement is intended, this is for fun, I don?t receive any money. Jack and this story belong to me. The title, ?There?s no place like home? is taken from the Wizard of Oz, no copyright intended.

Authors Notes: Thanks to B.B. for the inspiration. I?d also like to thank Yodafan Dave, Jane Jinn, and Kalypso for beta-ing. You did a great job and thank you very much!
    By the way, this is unrelated to my other stories.

There?s No Place Like Home

In his quarters in the Jedi Temple on Curoscant, a soft brown puppy was chasing a piece of fallen decoration. His people had left him alone once again. They did that quite often and the small puppy did not understand why. Suddenly the doors to the quarters slid open and several droids came buzzing inside. The previous evening there had been a party in the puppy's quarters, and now there huge mess in there.

The puppy was having fun playing in the room but saw a chance for freedom, perhaps he could even find his people. Seizing the opportunity the puppy decided to go exploring around the Jedi temple. Moments later he was bounding through the corridors, weaving around the halls, following various scents. The Jedi offered him strange looks, but he greeted them happily with a wagging tail.

Along the way the puppy came to a turbo lift, unsure of what it was, it sniffed the doors. Suddenly the doors slid open startling the small puppy. When the puppy had gotten over the initial shock it entered the lift following a trail of the smell of yummy food. Food like the puppy had never smelt before, not even the party the previous evening. The doors closed behind the small puppy and the lift began its descent.

When it came to a halt, the lift opened up into a huge garden. For as far as the puppy could see the area was filled with grass, trees, and flowers. In the distance, the puppy could hear the sounds of children playing. The sounds of their laughter filled the air. The scent of the food forgotten, the puppy ventured out into the gardens in search of the noise.

Trotting along a nearby path, he looked into a nearby stream where the puppy could see small iridescent creatures swimming around. Content to watch them for awhile the puppy sat down, and observed the fish. He became mesmerised by the swirling colours they produced as the water rippled.

After watching them for some time in silence, the puppy grew bored. All of a sudden the puppy jumped into the water, deciding to play with the fish. However, the puppy's sudden entrance scared all the fish and they swam away. The puppy grew concerned that they didn't want to play with him. Defeated, he got out of the water and shook himself off.

Continuing his journey down the path, the puppy spied the children he had heard playing earlier. Approaching them carefully, trying not to startle them as he had the fish, the puppy wagged his tail and tried to look as sweet as possible so the children would play with him. One of the children spotted him, and called him over. The puppy was content as the child began patting him. He pulled out a ball and before long all the children wanted to play with him and the puppy.

TBC

2. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Aww, cute so far.

3. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    A puplet!!

I'm a veterinarian, so I'm a sucker for puppies ...

4. ForceFire_Jade

ForceFire_Jade Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 22, 2000
    I LOVE dogs!!

5. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    They played together for a short time before the children gradually began to leave, until only one child remained.

"Sorry little man, I have to go to class," the boy said, giving the puppy a cuddle. However the puppy could not understand the human boy and wondered why he left. Again on his own, the puppy was beginning to feel that no matter how far he wandered, he would not find a friend.

Starting back on the path, the puppy continued to explore the gardens. From a short distance away, the puppy heard a strange noise. "Tap, tap, tap."
    Turning to investigate, the puppy came across a small creature hobbling along with a very enticing looking stick.

"If the little green man has a stick he would want to play with me!" The puppy thought cheerfully. So the puppy went over to him and wagged his tail.

"My stick this is!" the Jedi Master said aware of what the puppy was thinking. "But play with you I will," he continued, smiling. Grabbing a stick off the ground that had fallen from a nearby tree, the small green man threw it for the puppy.

Even though the puppy was confused as to why the ancient Jedi didn't just throw the stick he already had, the puppy was unperturbed and fetched the stick, wagging his tail happily as he returned the stick to the Jedi?s waiting hand.

After playing together for some time the puppy heard an insistent beeping noise emanating from the elderly Master. Distracted by the noise the puppy stopped fetching and observed him remove a small communication device out of his tunic.

"Master, you are needed in the council chambers," a voice originating form the device informed him.

"Coming I am, need to be impatient there is not," he answered.

"Sorry I am little puppy, but needed I am," the diminutive master apologised sadly, before hobbling away. Once again, the puppy did not understand his words, and was hurt when the man left. Feeling deserted, the puppy was just about to start back on the path, when he heard a familiar voice.

"Jack! There you are! I was so worried!" The voice said.
    The teenage boy came racing over and scooped Jack up into his arms. It was one of his people, Obi-Wan! The puppy was never so happy to see him in his life and began planting slobbery licks all over his face. Obi-Wan carried him back to his quarters and set him down.

"Master! I found him!" He called. Turning off the communication terminal, Qui-Gon rose from his chair. Picking Jack up, he sat down on the lounge. Obi-Wan quickly joined them.

"I was calling all over the temple looking for you!" Qui-Gon exclaimed as he ruffled the puppy?s ears affectionately.

"We were so worried," Obi-Wan chimed in.
    Content in the arms of his loved ones Jack wondered why he had left in the first place, when all he ever wanted was right here.

THE END :)

6. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Oh, the end.

I think this was so cute, from the pup perspective.

7. LLL

Jul 16, 2000
    What an unusual and ADORABLE story!!

One comment: At the end, it is unclear who is picking the puppy up. You have a teenage boy pick up the dog, but suddenly Qui-Gon is getting out of his chair, and then Obi-Wan joins them when he was apparently already there. Might want to fix that.

Other than that, I *love* this. This is so different from the usual fare.

8. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    Thanks for the advice LLL, I'm glad you enoyed it :)

I wasn't sure if I should post it at all because it's so different, even from my own fics.

Thanks for the comments!

9. LLL

Jul 16, 2000
    It is good to see something different now and then. A lot of fics have some very similar themes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.