There's something different about my yard . . .

Discussion in 'Greenville, NC' started by Dal--Intrepid, Jan 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh yeah! It's under a few inches of snow! Can you believe this weather? Last Sunday I was trying to find propane so I could grill out some steaks and now it's like Hoth around here. I know snow isn't uncommon around here, but this roller-coaster weather is pretty odd.
  2. Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Master

star 3
    If I didn't have to work today it would have even been more beautiful. Growing up in the Houston Texas area, we saw a dusting about once every five years, so for me I love the snow. My wife grew up in Syracuse NY and thinks I'm crazy. I tend to agree with her.

JMK

Happy Hoth Day to All!
  3. Darth_Xizor Jedi Master

star 4
    hehe, it was snowing here in Hatteras todya too. hehe...it doesn't snow much down here.
  4. Dal--Intrepid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I like snow I suppose. I definitely like it a lot better now that I'm not at the TV station because I'd inevitably end up crawling inside a giant 30' satellite dish with a broom trying to keep the dish clean so we'd stay on the air. I took Caitlyn out in it to play and she seemed to enjoy it once she got used to walking in it.
  5. Dal--Intrepid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, it's quite a shame I don't own some ice skates because my front yard would make a great rink.
  6. UniversalDestiny Jedi Master

star 4
    Where are those Imperial Walkers when you need them?

NC State is still an ice skating rink and they are planning to have classes tomorrow.

I pray that I won't break my neck on my way to class.

-UD
  7. Dal--Intrepid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I may end up taking my wife to work tomorrow morning. She's a couple of months pregnant and I don't want her slipping on an icy sidewalk outside the hospital. I believe the roads are safer than my front walkway.
  8. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Are you guys staying warm up there?

Here in Atlanta, we had a little bit of ice, and it has been cold, but we haven't had it nearly as bad as you.

Stay safe, okieday? :)
  9. Dal--Intrepid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well I wouldn't necessarily say it's warmed up yet, but there has been this unfamiliar ball of fire in the sky helping to melt things around here the last couple of days. It seems like if it wasn't for the wind, it might actually be tolerable.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.