main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN These are the stores you're looking for.

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by otisdodge, Oct 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I suppose that I could do an exhaustive analysis of the boards or even just the "sister thread" to this one, but I'm lazy. Please help me out.
    I am relatively new to the area--one year--I know some of the basics of Toy Hunting around here, but I know there are secretst that I am not yet privy to.
    Where are the stores?
    I know:
    G-Town Pkwy: 2 Targets, Walmart, TRU, Triple Play
    Stage: K-B, Walmart
    Colonial Target
    Poplar/Perkins Comics and Collectibles
    Mall of Memphis TRU
    Bojo's Antique Mall--Highland/Summer
    Main Street Antiques in South Haven
    Hickory Hill Target
    Winchester/G-Town Walmart

What else is there?
    What are your favorites?
    Where can I get VOTC ESB and ROTJ? I heard that someplace in Collierville might have them--Where? Do they still? How do I get there?

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    There's a collectables place in Factory Outlet Mall (on Canada Road) that has tons of POTF figures, Jacob.

Also, there's Animax on Summer Ave. It has some SW stuff.

And John informed me last night that Walmart in Covington has the VOTC ESB figs now.

Also, check out your area Rite Aids. They have a habit of having some old POTF figures on their toy ailes. Apparently, according to one employee I spoke to, they're pretty shoddily run, and have bins of toys that arrive that are slowly brought to the shelves. I got a lot of POTF, as well as some of the EU figs, at the one in Raleigh, but I've seen them in some of the other stores as well.

And check out the K-marts and Walmarts in da hood. For some strange reason, you can usually find something there that you can't find elsewhere.

3. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Walmart in Covington--like on covington pike or what?

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    The one in Covington, TN, which is about 10 minutes north of Millington.

5. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Oh...
    Can you give me directions to that Walmart from G-Town Pkwy?

6. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Directions to Covington, TN.
    Well, if you've been to Tim & Traci's house, just continue on Raleigh-Millington Rd. into Millington.
    Make a left on Navy Rd. Make a right on Hwy 51.
    Head North on Hwy 51 out of Millington, through Atoka/Munford and Brighton and you'll get to Covington. Drive through Covington and the Wal-Mart is on the way out of town.

(And then if you stay on 51, and cross the bridge, and head West on 87, and then go down a county road with a few twists, you'll get to our place)

-Joe

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I forgot that you're not too far north of Covington, Joe.

I wonder if the Walmart on American Way has anything good? It's in da hood, where SW figures don't sell so good, but ammo does. I haven't been out there in a long time.

8. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    When we used to live in Hickory Hill, we'd hit thatone A LOT. There was also one that was down Riverdale (maybe at Shelby??), but it's probably closed now.

-Joe

9. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I found out last week that All-American Comics on Navy Road in Millington has a lot of SW stuff. The only problem is that they've left most of it near the front window, and the packages show some sun damage.

10. jsp2000

jsp2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    I forget the name of it, but there's a huge antique store on Summer Avenue (its kind of in the area of Jun Lee Traders, though on the other side of the road) that has a ton of Star Wars items in a display when you first walk in. I'm not a big collector, so I don't know what's rare and whats not, but the guy had a lot of stuff.

It's red antique store with the big circular clock on the roof on Summer Avenue. Hard to miss. I've only been here a little over a year as well, so I'm not the best at giving directions.

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    That's Bojay's Antiques, Jason. I went there once. Some of their stuff is a little on the pricey side in comparison to the place at Factory Outlet Mall.

12. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    It's BoJo's, but who's counting? ;) NOBODY TOUCH THAT B-WING!!! NOOOOO TOUCHY! NO TOUCHY! ;)

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    To quote Patrick from "SpongeBob Squarepants"...

TOUCH

14. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
  15. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I went to the Outlet Mall out on Canada Road. The selection at the KB outlet was lame, but there was quite the selection of POTF2 stuff at an antiques dealer--prices on some things were quite high, but they are in better condition than Tim Boyd's stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.