main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA These are very cool...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I guess my thing about guns is i am uncomfortable with them. Perhaps it is because I don't know how to use them. Perhaps it is because I would feel bad if I hurt someone or something. I don't know, I don't want to get started on guns. Mr. DarthHaskett owns several and yet I have never fired any of them.

2. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    If they're in the house everyone in said house should be familiar in their use for everyone's mutual safety. Off the subject as of now...

3. Darkliner

Darkliner Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2003
    Great TK pull the trigger and kill it why don't ya

4. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    *innocently hiding .50 Calibre Barrett behind back...* "What? ME kill a thread?" "Pay no attention to the tripod and the range finder in the corner, they are of no consequence"

5. Darkliner

Aug 4, 2003
    I'm A Todarian Mind tricks don't work on me

6. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    to get us back on topic... my two of choice .357 Smith and Wesson and
    Glock 35.

[image=http://lafanforce.com/ipw-web/gallery/albums/D-B-Personal-Photos/Hsw65S.gif]

and

[image=http://lafanforce.com/ipw-web/gallery/albums/D-B-Personal-Photos/g34.jpg]

Thank you, and have a nice day.

7. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I guess as a responsible adult I should go out and take a safety course for gun handling some day... sigh...

8. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    Snubnosed Magnums defeat the purpose of having the higher powered slugs... no accuracy. If you want a good weapon for concealed carry, check into the M1991A "Commander" .45ACP 3.5" barrel concealed carry auto with accuracy and range that nearly matches that of the full 5" barrel M1991A! Magnum revolvers should have a minimum barrel length of 6" for best accuracy. I can tell we're going to have lotsa fun talking "shop", Lord Bubba.

EDIT: I'd post a picture, but every time I've tried has been a miserable failure.

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I'm lucky to get an avatar by my name. I am not the most computer competent person.

10. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    Here goes...

frick-a-frack-a-frazzle-DOOOOOOOOOOOD! I just can't win...

I was trying to post a picture of the Barrett M82A1, the gun you all know and love as the sniper rifle "God" used in Navy SeALs.

11. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Sorry TK, it didn't work. Someone should post instructions regarding how to do this.

12. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    Once again, I fear anyone named Matt, or anyone who works with someone named Matt must ride the short bus.

Directions to link an image.

Type this into the message:

[image= (insert the entire link the the jpeg or image) ]

To get the link, right click the image, and hit properties. Copy the properties into the link.

[image=http://lafanforce.com/ipw-web/gallery/albums/D-B-photos-2002-3/Bender_IRG.jpg]

For this example, the {}should be []

{image=http://lafanforce.com/ipw-web/gallery/albums/D-B-photos-2002-3/Bender_IRG.jpg}

for example: [image= pasted link]

should work. Obvously, the image must be on-line somewhere. PM if you need more info.

D-B

13. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    What is this, the Star Wars committee of the NRA? All this talk of lusting after devices whose sole purpose is the taking away of life is making me sick.

14. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    It's Jedi Racer's fault... he made me do it.

15. Darkliner

Aug 4, 2003
    as he does to all of us

16. Darkliner

Aug 4, 2003
    What is the relation to this and the original topic except the possible connection between too much happy juice and fire arms.

17. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    Look at the title of the thread... I'm just being a good American and being a firearms whore.

18. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    I guess with any of these "weapons" you all posted about we can easily destroy the SW glasses that were part of the original post.

"Shattered into a million pieces"...

19. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    the transition was TK421 was going to destroy the bowling balls with his dad special ball.

I said, it would be easier to use a Ruger and shoot them. He said it brought back fond memories about firearms. That lead to the change.

20. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    Which reminds me... My stepmother actually went so far as to propose a sport called Bo-Boom! Where you do just that, Roll the first ball and take your spare shot with a pistol of your choice... it'd be tough, but satisfying, especially after slamming the pocket and leaving that obnoxious ringing tenpin or lazy seven.

EDIT: Nice, D_B, blame it on the "new guy"... sheesh.

21. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    All of our threads change topics so quickly and often it's hard to really pinpoint where the divergence occurs. Suffice it to say, one should never assume the subject line is what the thread is about.

22. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    Engine, engine, number nine, going down Chicago Line. If the train should jump the track, would you like your money back?

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Back to the original topic, I heard the "glasses" are really plastic. I can't find anything that corrobarates this information. Someone help! Also, does anyone know how much these glasses will cost?

24. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I checked all the websites I could (Hasbro, the official site, Rebelscum) and couldn't find anything about whether the glasses are indeed glass or not. And they're not coming up yet on the Target website, either. Guess we'll just have to wait a while more.

Helen

25. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I think they are glass.. or else they wouldn't call them glasses. I assume they are making them in the tradition of the old Burger King glasses, since the artwork is exactly the same. I'd bet that they are glass..not plastic. The figures however will be made from vintage lead with lead paint.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.