main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN "These arent the toys your looking for..." - The Official Memphis FF Collectors Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TheDarknessX, Apr 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    He yall!!! I wanted to start up this topic so that maybe we could help each other out when it comes to finding that elusive Star Wars item that you need!

I really need an Ephont Mon Figure and I cant find one for shizz nit! Any help out there???

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Sal: I'll check out Toys B Us by the Mall of Murder on the way home tomorrow. I think I saw one there. I can't remember if it was TBU or Walmart in Raleigh where I saw one last. There's always K-Mart on Austein Peay. SW figures don't sell worth a sh...darn there.

Anybody else you're looking for?

I like the POTF figures. I have quite a few of them. I like the classic figures from the latest collection, too.

Oooo....Do you have the Cantina characters with their respective parts of the bar? I saw a buttload of those at the Raleigh WalMart!

3. TheDarknessX

Nov 3, 2002
    Hey Tim! No I didnt like the cantina figs so much so i skipped on those since I was still trying to complete my 3 3/4" figs set. I still havent seen any of the new figs for this year :( I dont know what to do about the newer waves since they get pretty pricey to get them all online.

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Sal: Ephont Mon is the one that looks like a really long-faced warthog, right? I'll keep a lookout for him.

I want the POTF Vader/Anakin with removeable helmet like you have. Other than that, I have no friggin clue which ones I want. I wish they'd come out with the diarama-type set of the Luke/Anakin scene from the end of ROTJ. That would be excellent!

Maybe I should email Hasbro eighteen times a day until they do it.

5. TheDarknessX

Nov 3, 2002
    Hey Tim I did see the 12" Leia in the Bousche disguise with the Han in Carbonite but I was so disappointed with the Leia body its a bit to Barbi-ish. Hasbro promised a new female body but its delayed so this is there way if making a buck on the old body mold. The costume is cool but it needs the new body before I buy it. EPHANT MON is hard to find for some reason!

[image=http://starwars.hasbro.com/common/images/products/84812_imageMain200.jpg]

They guy you saw is Teemto Pagalies he was one of the pod racer pilots but they never made his pod racer so this toy is useless!

6. TheDarknessX

Nov 3, 2002
    WOOO HOOOO! New 12" figs are coming!!!

[image=http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews/imgs/12-Inch-Luke-Jedi_lg.jpg]

[image=http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews/imgs/12-Inch-Biker-Scout_lg.jpg]

[image=http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews/imgs/12-Inch-Ultimate-Yoda_lg.jpg]

[image=http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews/imgs/12-Inch-Ewoks-2-pack_lg.jpg]

I am really looking forward to the 12" scale Yoda since I missed out on him the first time around in his ESB garb. And that biker scout looks sweet!!! I am a bit disappointed with the BROWN vest for ROTJ Luke this is the same mistake they did with the previous release and they should release Luke with his Cloak from ROTJ but his new head sculpt and Saber hilt sculpt look great! Which one will you be looking for???

7. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    those ewoks rock! i still haven't found ephant mon and refuse to pay jacked up prices on the net for it. I can go without, as I'm tired of trying to be a completest. It's too expensive.

8. TheDarknessX

Nov 3, 2002
    What in the Blue Milk is this???

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2/tomy2003_yoda.jpg]

It looks more like Yoghurt from the movie SpaceBalls than Yoda!!! Its like I expect to squeeze it and for it to say "May the Schwartz be with you!"

And what in the Blue Milk is this one supposed to be??? A Carebear dressed for Halloween!!!

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2/tomy2003_wicket.jpg]

And this one looks like Kenny from Southpark after he gets hit with lightning.

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2/tomy2003_jawa.jpg]

9. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    OMG!! THEY KILLED JAWA!!!

10. DBRANIGE

DBRANIGE Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2003
    JUST A LITTLE FYI. WHILE SUFFERING WITH NOT HAVING CABLE T.V. I SAW ON PBS'S ANTIQUE ROAD SHOW A KID WITH A COLLECTION OF THE OLD ORIGINAL FIGURES THAT INCLUDED A HUMAN SIZED SNAGGLE TOOTH DRESSED IN BLUE. THE GUY WHO WAS DOING THE VALUE ESTIMATE FOR THE KID SAID THAT THIS FIGURE ALONE WAS WORTH 150 DOLLARS. INTERESTING?

11. TheDarknessX

Nov 3, 2002
    If you see a guy that looks like this in your toy store you better run... Stupid Star Wars fans!

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2/walmart_hanchewie.jpg]

That guy looks high as a kite!

12. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    OK, that's scary. Maybe he has a cardboard and plastic fetish.

I just got POTF Han in Carbonite and POTF C-3PO for $4 each (incl. shipping) on ebay. I also got POTF Vader with Removeable Helmet for $8.

13. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    kebcotoys.com has some of the new 2003 figures for sale.

i got:

Anakin Secret Ceremony
    Boba Pit of Carkoon
    R2 Droid Factory Rescue

They still have them, so if you don't GO! Prices are reasonable also.

14. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    Are the Targets in you'uns area pulling all Star Wars merch? I heard they are doing so to make room for new stuff. At least I hope so.

15. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    I found the new Princess Leia Unleashed at
    ToysRUs by the wolfchase. It tis cool!

EDIT: I just ordered Ephant Mon and Mace Windu Arena Confrontation! ROCK!

16. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    www.yestertoys.com has the first couple of waves of the 2003 figures available including Aayla Secura, Red Battle Droid and the Bear Clan. I've ordered from them before and they area good place to get stuff from off the net.

17. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    Got my Ephant Mon in the mail today. That's one huge figure. Worth the 8.99 I paid for it. I'm going to pick up some stuff I won in an auction on ebay today. He lives in memphis. Possible new member to the group. we will see.

18. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I stopped in my local Wal-Mart SuperCenter this morning for coffee creamer (CoffeeMate French Vanilla...this stuff is addictive) and decided to check on SW figures while I was there. Wow! They actually had NEW ones!! They had the new Collection 2 figures: Han Solo ANH, Luke Skywalker ROTJ Throne Room duel, Darth Vader ROTJ Throne Room Duel, and they also had one Aayla Secura figure...of course, now they have none. I had to buy that hot thing. Anyway, if you need any of these...just let me know and I'll pick up whatever you need.

19. Ima_Toydarian

Ima_Toydarian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2003
    Hey Sal-
    Those toy shots are too funny. Have you thought about doing a Star Wars Hall of Shame? There could be shots of goofy toys, strange fans from another planet, movie goofs, bad videos(Star Wars Kid Reloaded anyone?) Wizard magazine has a column they do every month on strange things found on ebay.

I've kinda slacked off on my SW toy collecting. I think the last one I bought was the Jengo Fett with the removeable helmet. My house is just WAY too small and cramped from the stuff I had as a kid! I do have a big 14" Vader model I want to put together for the next Wonderfest I go to. It'll have the light up saber, chest, and belt. I may see about trying to wire him up for sound as well- but I'll be lucky to get the lights working!

Lin

20. Chewbracca

Chewbracca Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    I'm looking for the Yoda Unleashed. Has anybody seen it? I can't find it anywhere around town. :(

21. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Chris!!! Dude! It's been too long!

Have you checked out the Toys B Us out by the Mall of Murder? Their SW stuff doesn't seem to move so well.

22. TheDarknessX

Nov 3, 2002
    Hey everybody I am going to get started on a collecting page for our website and Lin thats a great idea about starting a top 10 list so I will include that on our collecting page also! If any of you have pics of your collection and would like them posted on our site then give me a hollar!

23. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I do like the idea of the top 10 worst SW toys, even if it's a fake collecting page.

You know, those Jar Jar Binks Nose Hair Clippers weren't a big seller.

24. Chewbracca

Chewbracca Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    Cool. I'll have to take a pic of my SW room since it will turn into a nursery shortly! Me and my wife call it the Jedi room since I have all my stuff on display.

25. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    I stopped by the Toys R Us by the Mall of Murder a few days ago, the only thing they had new was the clone wars jedi starfighter. The same goes for the Toys R Us out by the Wolfchase. I'll have to check my neighborhood Walmart and Target tonight. In other words, still nothing newer than Clone Trooper Pilots round my way. Sad isn't it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.