main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN "These arent the toys your looking for..." - The Official Memphis FF Collectors Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TheDarknessX, Apr 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Wal-Mart on Winchester past Riverdale had a BUNCH of the new Unleashed Clone Troopers, Chewies, and Lukes.

I finally found Joker and Robin figures! They were at Target off Southern/Cottonwood in 2-paks with Batman. They also had a bunch of the first wave of animated Clone Wars figs, and 1 each of the second wave- except for Yoda...my search continues. I'm hoping they'll do a General Kenobi in armor/robes and that red trooper with the two blaster pistols!

2. DarthToddy

DarthToddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2004
    Hey guys I wanted to let ya know I found an Obi-wan and Darth maul collector figure/glass @ super target. Might be some more around your area targets, but didn't find any @ the Target off Southern. I'll bring the glasses this weekend for whoever wants one.

3. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Cool- I had forgotten about those! What part of the store did you find them in? I need to hit a SuperTarget and Walmart this week.

4. DarthToddy

Jan 22, 2004
    Found them where the figures are located in the toy section....almost overlooked them...they look similar to the diorama sets of the Jedi council/Sepratist war room!! They are $10 each. I';; bring both mine this weekend and you guys can buy them from if ya want

5. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Groovy- I think there are supposed to be 4 or so. I remember posting about them a while back.

I've got my Joke and Robin now. I just have to get a Mr. Freeze...

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I'm going to have to stop myself from collecting anything more for a while.... I'm going broke! Someone's going to have to separate me from my pusher and put me in a 12-step program!

Sorry I missed your call last night, John. I accidentally left my cell phone in the car. Give me a shout sometime during your lunch break.

7. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    There's only a couple things I'm going to collect for now. Batman- the Mr. Freeze figure and the large Batmobile from HotWheels. SW- CW Yoda, and any of the future animated waves, those glasses at Target- at least the Maul one, that new Unleashed Hoth Luke, and of course the Admiral Ozzel figure when it hits! I'm going to stay away from ebay- unless it's to sell something!

Oh, just saw shots of the guy's collection in Siongapore that I bought those two prototypes from- holy $#*%! He's got glass cases with prototypes and carded figures out the wahzoo!

Lin want...

8. DarthToddy

Jan 22, 2004
    This isn't relative to the toy hunt, but I thought I would post a fanboy moment to let everyone know I received my final 2 unleashed characters today first vader and Mace. I now have all the unleashed characters that have something to do with force users and lightsabers whooo hooo

John

9. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Woo Hoo! The unleashed line need to grow a bit quicker! I am only missing Mace and Sidious From my unleashed collection but I wish I could open some of them i.e. Stripper Leia but the good thing is that some of the figs will be re-issued this year!

10. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Must..have.. 'pole dance Leia'...

Actually, I bought the Unleashed Hoth/Speeder Luke last night. I also found one of the HotWheels Batmobile I've been looking for-well, actually two of them! I just glanced as I walked past the HW section and BAM- there it was! I quickly put it in my basket under the Luke figure to protect it from any predators as I thought, "Mine!Mine!Mine!"

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Lin: If I get the Unleashed Leia, can you alter her to make it look like she has a bunch of dollar bills hanging from out of her bikini waistband?

12. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    You bet! Maybe we can even come up with a neon 'Platinum Plus' or 'Babes' sign to display her with!

13. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    Or an Unleashed Padme with a poster saying "Peanut Smuggler: Wanted Dead or Alive." ;)

14. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    That was the old Unleashed Padme, Ben. They confiscated her peanuts, so to speak, in later releases. Rhonda has the "Padme: Unleashed in a Chilly Room" figure.

Lin: I have seen a custom figure of a Twilek dancer or Jedi where they modified an Unleashed Leia. It looked really good. I can't remember if I saw it online or in Insider.

15. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Well then I'll just have to pick up a few extras to fix-up!

16. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Saw this on TFN- keep your eyes out, Lin want!

According to the Official Site?s Cargo Bay collectibles database, the Unleashed line is entering the variation game made popular by both Hasbro?s 3 3/4? and Gentle Giant?s Clone Troopers. Despite the January date shown on the site?s description, there have been no reports of this being found yet. Props to eagle-eyed Rebelscum reader Al Bundy for spotting the variation.
    Reported by Rebelscum.com

Also, I've heard reports of Adm. Ozzel out there on the shelves. I need a few to customize into the 'toastmster'..!

I'm heading to Target during lunch- wish me luck!

17. Mkingsley

Mkingsley Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2003
    Just saw this on boingboing.net. Some guy in the UK is selling his replica of Darth Vader's flagship; it's made out of wood, is 2 meters x 1.5 meters x 1 meter, and (in English pounds) is only a paltry £305 (about $545 in US dollars) on eBay right now. And shipping and handling is free (well, within the United Kingdom, anyway)! It's built to the same scale as the 4" figurines, and sure beats the hell out of using your little sister's Barbie dollhouse.

Here is the eBay link, if you want to Supersize the photos and drool.

18. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    OK- I'm impressed! That is friggin awesome. Man, I want that ship!!!! Thanks for the link, Michael!

BTW- Do you collect anything?

19. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
  20. WonderPants

Mar 6, 2003
    "I collect spores, moulds and fungi."

(Brownie points to whoever identifies the quote)

21. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I know that quote! Dammit- What's it from????? Damn you, Ben! It's going to bug the crap out of me for the rest of the blasted day!!

22. WonderPants

Mar 6, 2003
    Hehehehehehehe.

23. DarthToddy

Jan 22, 2004
    Egon from the movie "Ghostbusters"

24. Mkingsley

Mkingsley Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2003
    Less than 48 hours left on that Darth Vader flagship from the UK, folks! And it's only went up to 315 pounds (~$560). Of course, it'll probably cost that much just to courier it across the Atlantic to the FedEx facility in Memphis.

If you miss out on that, you can always add a 2nd car to your driveway with a bid on the street-driveable "Back to the Future" Delorean. It started at a $10K bid, and is now up to only $35.1K

Bad, bad toys for bad, bad boys...

25. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Egon from the movie "Ghostbusters"

"Tell him about the Twinkie."

I saw someone a few years back ebaying a full scale X-Wing that they had in their backyard. I think it was going for $10-20K. If I ever get rich, the one thing I will have to buy is a 60's Batmobile!

[image=http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL6/121440/1525714/18045813.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.