main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN "These arent the toys your looking for..." - The Official Memphis FF Collectors Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TheDarknessX, Apr 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Sal: Was at Suncoast at the HR mall and saw animated Darkness figures on sale for $2.49 ea. They only had the Darkness figure- no Witchblade or anything else. They were on the back wall.

They also had the new big The Punisher movie action figure- looks pretty cool. It was towards he front right of the store near the entrance. Saw the X2 Hugh Jackman/Wolverine at Toys-R-Us near the M.O.M.- they had an Admiral Ozzel figure, too. I know how much you've been dying for one of those!

2. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Oh man I have no clue where the HR mall is even at! If you happen by there again give me a holla or pickem up for me and I will gladly pay you back on the second tuesday of next week :)

3. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    Hey everybody, good ol' IrishThunder here to tell ya bout the new figures I found. Well my wife found and bought for me. She got me the Gold Leader Dutch Vander, Captain Antillies, Holographic Luke Skywalker (always a cool little fella), Rappertunie (little green fat man blowin on the 'lectric harmonica thing, kinda reminds me of myself other than the harmonica thing),J'Quille in his Jabba's Sail Barge attire, Lando "smooth as doodoo" Calrissian in Skiff Guard Disguise (never can get enough of that one), Tie Fighter pilot and last but not least General Jan "The blast point is ray shielded so you'll have to use photon torpedos" Dodonna. I hope this post finds you all well. Since they blocked theforce.net and all other ign.com affiliates at work, I've not seen very much of the boards lately. It hurts, really does. I'm still working on getting a dvd together of the clone wars episodes, but since I never can seem to show up at the meetings, I would keep your fingers crossed. Take good care and may the schwartz be with you.

4. DarthToddy

DarthToddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2004
    DALE!!

Nice to hear from you....wish ya could have been at the Drive-in!! It was a blast!! I got one of each figure with a lightsaber except Kit Fisto Clone wars.....know where to get one Dale?!!?

John

5. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Oh man I have no clue where the HR mall is even at!

It's off Winchester at Ridgeway and Hickory Hill. Take the Nonchonna(sp?) Pkwy to the Ridgeway exit or Poplar to Ridgeway, go south a few lights and it'll be on the left next to the Target. You can turn left on Winchester or go up and turn behind the Target. It's across the hall from the carousel and Hot Topic.

every now and then I find something cool at that Target, but there are better ones around town. I usually stop by both on my Friday lunch break.

6. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    my best bet to find a cw fisto now days would either be a target out in the middle of nowhere or ebay. maybe kebocotoys.com

7. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    Just in case anyone is out hunting today, Target on Goodman Rd. in Southaven has General Dodanna, Dutch Vander, Rappertunie, Holographic Luke Skywalker, Lando Skiff Guard and several other newer figures. They had at least two of each when I was there about an hour ago. Since I had them already I didn't get all greedy, so there should be plenty left just in case anybody is going out today or tomorrow. Please love and hair grease to you all!

8. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    Has anyone seen a Battle of the Planets Princess figure going cheap (see below)?

http://www.virtualtoychest.com/botp/botpp2crop.jpg

9. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    What is "Battle of the Planets"? Looks like something anime.

10. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Yeah, Alex Ross has done a lot of the comics cover art. I haven't really gotten into it. Bird looking costumes...

11. DarthToddy

Jan 22, 2004
    I'm sure this is old news by now, but Wal-Mart has unleashed Leia's....at least the one where I went to ;)

John

12. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I went by there (cordova Super Walmart) after leaving Fox and Hound tonight and all they had was Luke and Sidious. :(

13. WonderPants

Mar 6, 2003
    Yeah, BOTP is an old anime series from the 70s that I remember watching as a kid.

There's something about go go boots and a miniskirt that really floats my boat, even if it is a cartoon character. ;)

14. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I hear ya, Ben!

John: Got your message about the Joker figure at Target. Got it and picked up a Admiral Ozzel figure and an Anakin figure/glass. If you've been talking to my machine more than me lately that's because I've been working on cover art and promo stuff for a new comic and crash when I get home late.

Haven't seen the Leia Unleashed figure out- but will keep an eye out for it now!

15. WonderPants

Mar 6, 2003
    To paraphrase Vader, there will be a substantial reward for the one who finds this...

I need a samurai/ninja sword and scabbard for a 12" scale figure. The scabbard will preferably be white and have a belt loop fitting.

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Ben: Do you think the gear from a 12" G.I. Joe Stormshadow or Snake Eyes might work? They have a two-pack at Target for $6.40. I could pick them up for you if you like.

Sal and I hit Walmart and Target today while I was on lunch break. They had three Asaj Ventriss figures at Target. I was going to buy them, but Sal pointed out that the corner was bent and the bubble pack was dented on all three, too. Damned collectors. We should start a movement to spay/neuter and lobotomize them on the spot if we catch them doing that to innocent toys. Why do they have to be such edited for family-friendly forums such as TF.N?

17. WonderPants

Mar 6, 2003
    I thought of those already, but thanks!

Actually, this seems like the most appropriate sword I've found:

http://www.packrat-toyz.com/images/Swords%20&%20Knives/Sword%20Japan.jpg

The sword is, at least. Pity about the black scabbard...

18. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I was at my local Wal-Mart the other day, and they had about 4 of the Princess Leia Unleashed figures. I wanted all 4 but bought none. I'm hoping at least one is left for payday tomorrow.

19. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I have yet to see one in any of the stores around here, Steve. While I, like all of my fellow male geeks, like Leia in the metal bikini, I really wish they would have modeled her unleashed figure from either ANH or ESB. I honestly would have rather had Leia with the 'tude rather than stoned-out, scantily-clad ROTJ Leia, and I ain't just saying that because my wife will read this!

20. DarthToddy

Jan 22, 2004
    I hear ya Tim......everyman's dream to have a fully clad woman giving orders out and bossing you around wanting to discuss everything in committees!!! Half dressed woman in one of the most sexiest outfits in cinema history thats stoned and smiling all the time!!! I mean geesh who the hell can put up with a woman like that?!!? Sometimes a man has to do what a man's gotta do and bite the bullet and get whatever they offer.

From another man who COMPLETELY gets Tim's situation

John

21. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Hey, metal bikini- accept no substitutes!

Or Naughty Nurse outfit..!

22. WonderPants

Mar 6, 2003
    I'm now looking for a 12" scale morning star accessory (same as Go Go Yubari uses in Kill Bill #1), if anyone's ever seen one. :)

Actually, I would also like the belt/pouch from a 12" POTF2 Snowtrooper.

23. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I went out looking for Unleashed Leia while things were slow today. I couldn't find a single one at all.

While I was at the Wolfchase Walmart, there was a lady stocking the racks a few feet from the Star Wars stuff. She asked me if I needed any help. I picked up one of the many remaining Obi-Wan Unleashed packages and showed her the bent corner on it and told her that the collectors do that and explained why. I then asked her to smack the crap out of anyone she catches doing it. Now aware of it, she said that if she caught anyone doing it she'd have them thrown out of the store.

We should start a campaign, folks! Collectors who purposely damage merchandise not only hurt other collectors, but the retailers as well.

The nice lady at Walmart did have me check a package that was on the top rack to make sure it wasn't an unleashed figure I was looking for. It wasn't a SW toy, but I bought it anyway. It was one of the new McFarland sculpts of Elvis from the '68 Comeback Special. It is sharp. They did a great sculpt. I'll have to see if they've done any more of The King. I'll have to set him next to the SMT Pig.

24. WonderPants

Mar 6, 2003
    nice lady at Walmart did have me check a package that was on the top rack to make sure it wasn't an unleashed figure I was looking for. It wasn't a SW toy, but I bought it anyway. It was one of the new McFarland sculpts of Elvis from the '68 Comeback Special. It is sharp. They did a great sculpt. I'll have to see if they've done any more of The King. I'll have to set him next to the SMT Pig.

Speaking of Elvis, my brother (the Elvis fan) had two Elvis car ornaments, but his kid destroyed them both. Obviously she has good taste. ;)
    I saw another one at a car boot sale about a month ago and nearly brought it for him, but I should really have brought it for you, Tim! :D

25. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    50 million Elvis fans can't be wrong, Ben!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.