Before These Little Faces - Qui-Gon, Dooku, and a baby nexu - humor, mush - 22-June-2008

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Obi-Gon_Skywalker, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Obi-Gon_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Title: These Little Faces
    Author: Obi-Gon_Skywalker
    Timeframe: Qui-Gon is Dooku?s padawan
    Genre: Humor, mush
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Dooku, and a baby nexu
    Summary: Just some good ol' Qui/Dooku bonding time [face_love]
    Notes: My first fanfic on this website, I?m so excited! This is in response to the First Sentence Challenge. Hope you enjoy!

"Little fuzzy animals bother me."

Qui-Gon sighed. He had been trying, with apparently no avail, to explain to his master that the Living Force connected them all and that even the littlest of creatures deserved rescue when required.

"How can that adorable wittle face bother you?" Qui-Gon waved the baby nexu in front of Dooku's face, much to the already peeved master's exasperation. The little cub stared curiously at the master through its coal-black eyes. Tentatively, the master reached his hand out to pet the cub. However, the nexu, seeing this as a hostile act, reached out with its paw, batting away any appraoches from the jedi master, drawing blood from the man's thumb in doing so.

"Ach! Now you see why these "wittle" faces infuriate me," Dooku snapped while sucking at the injured finger, which in Qui-Gon's mind, was quite a feat. The little nexu squirmed in Qui-Gon's arms, much to the young apprentice's disapproval.

"Now look what you've done!" the boy scolded, "You've made him restless. Now how's he ever going to fall asleep?"

"You're saying that like it's my fault. I'm the one that's been injured!" Dooku whined, very unlike his typical formal behavior. Qui-Gon shot his master a disgusted look before heading back to the quarters he was assigned for the duration of their mission.

~((o))*((o))~

It had been an hour since Qui-Gon had disappeared into his room. Dooku glanced at the door.

"The nerve of that boy! Reprimanding me for not understanding the ways of the force," Dooku muttered, "Who understands better than I do? Me, the great Dooku, who has manipulated the force to do my bidding long before the tyke was potty trained!"

"Still talking to yourself, Master?" Qui-Gon whispered as he stepped out of his room carrying a sleeping nexu in his arms.

Annoyance flickered across the man's features.

"I see you're still tending to that vicious thing."

"You're the one who provoked him!"

Who's side are you on, Qui?...Never mind, don't answer that."

Qui-Gon laughed and Dooku's expression softened.

"It's such a pity that Mooki - " Qui-Gon started.

"Excuse me. Mooki?"

"That's what I named him."

"For the force's sake, Qui-Gon!"

"I know I shouldnt have, but - "

"And what kind of a name is Mooki anyway? Now if I had a nexu, not that I ever would mind you, I would name it -"

"Ahem"

"Sorry. You were saying?

"Yes. It is such a pity that Mooki," Qui-Gon paused as his master rolled his eyes before continuing, "has to return to that awful circus owner when we rturn to Coruscant."

"Such a...pity?

"You should have seen the way he was treated! Maybe...we could take him home with us?"

Dooku snorted. "And maybe I could grow wings. Honestly, Qui-Gon! As if I haven't enough stress. You're enough trouble to last a lifetime."

Qui-Gon pouted. "Please, Master?"

"I thought I told you that "wittle" faces bother me," Dooku chuckled and ruffled the lad's hair affectionately. His padawan gave him an amused glance and comfortable silence fell over the pair as they watched the nexu sleep. Dooku reached again towards Mooki, scratching his little head.

"You can hold him if you'd like." Without waiting for an answer, Qui-Gon plopped the creature into his master's arms, waking the young cub which only yawned contentedly before cuddling into its new bed.

~((o))*((o))~

Getting Qui-Gon to return to Coruscant without Mooki was a difficult task, but Dooku managed. Now back in their quarters, the two were unpacking.

Making an attempt to break the silence, Dooku asked, "So, Padawan, what did you think of the mission?"

"It was fine," Qui-Gon stated indifferently.

"Still upset about the nexu, I
  2. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Loved it, Qui-Gon already showing compassion for animals. But what will he do when Mooki grows into a big nexu?
  3. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Wonderful response to the challenge! =D=
  4. hitokiri-black Force Ghost

star 1
    Very entertaining. ^.^ I loved it. You've got to love Qui and Dooku Humor.
  5. Jedi-Gon Jedi Master

star 1
    Aw! Lol, I can see Qui-Gon adopting a baby Nexu. Only he would take on such a curse I mean eh... *ahem* task. I loved your description throughout the entire thing! Dooku is hilarious. So he planned not to get to the debrief on time... Now I know where Qui-Gon gets it... :p The only thing I really spotted were a few grammatical errors - Oh, ignore me. Sorry, that's my beta-reader side kicking in. A lovely vignette to a lovely challenge! [face_love]
  6. Obi-Gon_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    earlybird-obi-wan: Well, that's Qui-Gon for you! Those pathetic lifeforms of his. [face_shame_on_you]

VaderLVR64: Thank you, and thanks for reading! :D

hitokiri-black: Yes, those two are amusing. That's what makes them so much fun to write!

Jedi-Gon: Ah, yes. Grammar has never been my forte. My teachers go absolutely crazy with that red pen of theirs when marking my essays. Thanks for letting me know!

Thank you all for reading! Your comments were very much appreciated. [:D]
  7. Lolly_Tolly Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh] That was funny and cute! There really needs to be more Qui-Dooku fics around here... Well around anywhere, really.

Well done!
  8. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Awwww...that was so sweet!

It's nice to see Dooku being so considerate for a change.

I loved Qui-Gon's instant connection to his new pet.

Great response to the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=
  9. Obi-Gon_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Lolly_Tolly: I absolutely agree. They're such a fun pair.

KELIA: Well, that's Qui-Gon for you! :D I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading!
  10. amidalachick Force Ghost

star 5
    Awwww! Very sweet. It's nice to see this side of Dooku.

"You can hold him if you'd like." Without waiting for an answer, Qui-Gon plopped the creature into his master's arms, waking the young cub which only yawned contentedly before cuddling into its new bed.

[face_love]

Great fic! =D=
  11. Obi-Gon_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    amidalachick: It was quite hard for me to write Dooku since he is portrayed as such a cold, man. Thanks for reading!:)
  12. Persephone_Kore Jedi Master

star 4
    *amused*

Well, he can be challenging, and his characterization varies wildly across the EU, let alone fanfic. He can be kind, though.

A full-grown nexu does seem somewhat impractical to keep in one's quarters at the Temple, but I wonder if Dooku will actually get along with it better once it's no longer "wittle"? After all, at some point after he became a Sith he was hanging around mind-controlling a krayt dragon....
  13. Dreagoddess Jedi Padawan

<snickers> I bet Dooku doesn't mind Qui-Gon's foundlings as much as he pretends. Very sweet. :)
  14. Obi-Gon_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Persephone_Kore: Well, I guess that's what makes Dooku so much fun to write, not to mention so gosh darn loveable [face_love]. I didn't know he had a krayt dragon...though it does seem to be a fitting pet for him.

Dreagoddess: Thank you! :D And thanks for reading!

15. insert_a_name_here Jedi Padawan

Great story! I really liked Qui-Gon's interaction with Dooku..but I wonder, what will happen when Mooki grows older!
  16. Obi-Gon_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Fin!: but I wonder, what will happen when Mooki grows older!

You wouldn't sacrifice me to the plot bunnies, now would you? Besides, you of all people should know that I don't have time right now :p. Thanks for reading [:D]! Your opinions are invaluable to me :D.
  17. qui-gon_and_tahl Jedi Knight

18. CountessYnaAda Jedi Knight

star 1
    Okay I have to do it: Awwww! It was cute. I loved the bickering between master and padawan. ^_^
  19. Seremela Jedi Knight

star 3
    This is lovely. I love the relationship you paint here between them, and the idea of Dooku with the baby nexu in his arms is priceless [face_laugh]

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.