main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "These Two Hearts" (H/L songfic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dantana Skywalker, Apr 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I wanted to make this one a K/J story, but it just didn't fit. The couple it DID fit was Han and Leia. So . . . Takes place sometime after "Destiny's Way".

The song is "After All" performed by Cher and Peter Cetera. I don't own any characters
    mentioned in this.

Why is it that my most creative times are the horribly wee hours of the morning?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"These Two Hearts" by DantanaSkywalker

Well, here we are again
    I guess it must be fate

He'd thought he'd lost his best friend.

He'd known Chewie for years. Longer than he'd known Leia. He'd been through thick and thin with the Wookie. They'd been there for each other through good times and bad.

Until Chewbacca had died.

He'd gone a little crazy then, turning to drink and wild adventures.

Hiding from the one person who could heal his pain.

We've tried it on our own
    But deep inside we've known
    We'd be back to set things straight

Leia had been understanding, had tried to help him. Eventually, she'd let him heal in his own way.

Even if it meant she'd have to give him up.

He didn't deserve her, he knew. A princess, a mother, a diplomat, a Jedi. All things rolled into one spectacular woman.

What had he, a former smuggler turned Rebel general done to ever deserve her love?

I still remember when
    Your kiss was so brand new

She glanced up, to see him watching her, leaning in the doorway to the rec room on the Falcon. He was a little thicker around the middle, a little grayer, his face a little more lined.

He was still Han.

She had once thought that she would be only the Princess of Alderaan, only a politician, with no time for love.

It had been the same with the Rebellion. Her goal had been to take down the Empire. She hadn't had room in her life for personal relationships.

Then, into her life had strutted a cocky, handsome smuggler.

It had taken her years to discover the man inside the tough exterior. And even after all this time, he still managed to amaze her, delight her, on a daily basis.

She couldn't imagine spending her life with anyone else.

Every memory repeats
    Every step I take retreats
    Every journey always brings me back to you

She had lost him for a time. But she'd known he'd come back. He always did, always would. They completed each other, in ways that a lot of beings didn't understand.

Every time she looked at Han, she saw the man she had chosen, the father of her children. Her saviour and protector. Warrior and lover.

After all the stops and starts
    We keep coming back to these two hearts
    Two angels who've been rescued from the fall

Han gazed at her, the artificial lighting of the Falcon's interior hiding the silver threads running through her dark hair, smoothing the fine lines of her still-pretty features.

She was new to him every day. Every kiss felt like the first, that night when she'd been making repairs, and she'd told him she liked "nice men".

They'd been so young then. It felt like a lifetime, sometimes. And other times, if felt like it had been merely moments ago.

After all that we've been through
    It all comes down to me and you
    I guess it's meant to be
    Forever you and me, after all

So many times, the galaxy had threatened to separate them. Several times, Han had been ready to give her up to another. And every time, she had stayed with him, even going against the wishes of the Chief of State to do it.

Someone had asked him recently how he could keep going, with everything he'd been through.

His answer was Leia. She was his strength. He just wasn't himself without her.

Without her, he'd never last a day.

When love is truly right
    This time it's truly right

Leia knew that if she hadn't had Han when Anakin died, when Jaina joined Rogue Squadron, through all the months Jacen was gone, she would have lost it. He was a part of her, and she would be incomplete without him.

It didn't matter, what had happened i

2. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    Great Sonfic! You really dug deep into their feelings! Great job! :)

3. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Wonderful ficlet, Dana. :)

~~Jilly

4. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    beautimus.

5. duskwings

duskwings Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Aww . . . cute viggie. [face_love]

-duskwings

6. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Awww, I loved it! Very nice writing! You are one of the few that can really do a good job converting me to songfics. :)

-Mia

7. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I love your choice of songs. "After All" is one of my favorite songs, and you are exactly right that it fits Han and Leia's relationship perfectly. The New Jedi Order books have really put Han and Leia's relationship to the test, but as your vignette points out so well, these tests of their love have only served to strengthen their relationship. Han and Leia really do complete each other. Wonderful vignette!!! :)

8. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    That's lovley, I like your choice of song :)

9. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Awwwww!!!!!! I love the idea that no matter what happens to Han and Leia, how their family is torn apart or even temporarily broken, they'll always have each other and that's really all they need...very sweet- great job on this!

10. Sunshine

Sunshine Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2003
    That was beautiful, Dana. I absolutely love that song, and you used it perfectly. Great job!

11. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Pure magic, Dana. Thanks for pointing it out to me, otherwise I would have missed it. I love how you've captured the characters so well.

12. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    that was beautiful Dana, the song fit just perfectly, almost like it was written for Han and Leia, I loved how you showed that no matter what else those two lose, they still have eachother, how in the end thats what really matters. Great job. :)

13. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm glad you guys have liked this one. I was listening to the song, thinking, "How could I make this Star Wars?" and I just saw Han and Leia. It's really true, you know?

(BTW, I'm listening to the song right now)

Dana

14. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    ::gets all melty:: awwwwwwwww

15. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Wow. That was awesome.

16. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002