main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST They are making a huge mistake in making the Boba Fett Spinoff a "Orgin Story " !!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by StarWars2015, Sep 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    I can accept the Han Solo Film as a Orgin Story, A Young Solo in the Imperial Navy, freeing Wookie Slaves, and branded a Outcast and becomes the greatest Smuggler in the Galaxy, That has the makings of greatness. However with Boba Fett it is way different, We need to explore all the time periods of the Saga, Not just the 20 years between ROTS and ANH !!!

They are missing a huge chance to establish a franchaise in itself with the Fett film. It could better be placed directly after his fall into the Sarlacc pit, We could see his escape, we could see him fighting in the Star Wars Underworld to reclaim his mantle as the Best Bounty Hunter in the Business, We could see the Galaxies True Underworld post Emperor and Vader, IT WOULD BE AWSOME.....Yet they are sadly makely a orgin story, of a teen fett on his 1st adventure.........HOW BORING I thought we saw that in the Cartoon Series a couple of years back.........

I think Disney only sees Dollar signs, true Creativity continues to alude them. I hope the new Star Wars movies dont go the way of the Lone Ranger, that movie bombed !!

2. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    We don't know where the Fett movie is in the timeline. Hell, we don't know for sure it is Fett. Either way though a Fett movie will rock.

In before the

[​IMG]

3. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

sons_of_anakin_tatooine Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2005
    boba already had an orgin. it was aotc. sorry but thats how i feel.

i think if such a spinoff does get made. show him as an adult starting out his bounty hunter career and becoming the legend he is .currently

4. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I think you're making a couple of big assumptions that aren't too logical. Firstly, we don't know how old Boba will be in a spin off movie... but I seriously doubt he'll be portrayed as a teenager. More likely a young man pre ANH when he's establishing himself as top dog bounty hunter. Secondly, I don't think there's any mileage in a story post ROTJ because... A) The Empire has been defeated and we assume the galaxy is more stable. B) Anything post ROTJ would/could conflict with events in Ep VII (even if it's simply a new visual aesthetic). Therefore I would imagine for this reason no spin off will be set between EP VI and VI.

5. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    That's what he does. :)

Darth Chiznuk and Darth PJ like this.
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I Really missed ALL your Threads that had weird Capitalization and were EVENTUALLY LOCKED!!!! I'm SOO happy That You've made a Comeback! That said, In Before The lOck!!!

7. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    When you learn to spell Wookiee, and learn how capitol letters work, I'll listen to your ideas. Till then, enjoy this informative and educational video.

Pro Scoundrel and Echo-07 like this.
  8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Do we even know that there is going to be a Fett film for certain? I thought it was all rumor at this point.

9. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    [​IMG]

Oh . . . wait . . . UNCONFIRMED?!

10. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Yep. Just rumor.

And no thanks on a post-Jedi Fett story. I like my Boba digesting in the Sarlaac, thanks.

11. David_Skywalker01

David_Skywalker01 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Much rather have a film on Han Solo vs Boba Fett, like how their rivalry began. That would be much more interesting.

Immortiss and TheTwinSuns like this.
  12. Buddha Fett

Dec 18, 1999
    Agreed. Hell, my user name and avatar are all about some Fett, and I'm glad he died in ROTJ. That's the Buddha part of it...acceptance of what IS. :p

[​IMG]

my kind of scum likes this.
  13. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  14. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    These types of threads receive the best and most hilarious responses. I say keep them open for the entertainment value alone. :p

Mange, Buddha Fett and The Hellhammer like this.
  15. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  16. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah, I normally avoid silly hyperbolic threads, but I'm so bored waiting for JJ to open the mystery box, that I'll gladly take a little distraction. Everyone bring the crazy!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  17. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
  18. Buddha Fett

Dec 18, 1999
    As you wish. This could easily be the Ballad of Boba... :p

(For those who don't know, S.O.D. was a side-project band comprised of members of Anthrax and the singer from Minor Threat in the 80's / early 90's. Check 'em out! Good stuff.)

19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I think they should recast Ice Cream Maker Guy with Denzel Washington and make a spy thriller spin-off about him.

my kind of scum and TheBBP like this.
  20. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    Like how they began as friends, but then Han betrayed Boba or something like that.

Dra--- and David_Skywalker01 like this.
  21. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    How about a revenge picture about Jabba the Hutt. Small time Tatooine bookie Jabba the Hutt finds love and she teaches him to be a better Hutt. But tragically Jabba's boss doesn't like his attention being focused elsewhere so he has her whacked. This causes Jabba to seek revenge and in doing so he takes over Tatooine from the boss who ruined his life.

22. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    A little later than below is the time line we'll probably getas a spin off, Since the actors that played Young Boba will be older now. Either that or an older Boba with the actor that played Jango and the Clones playing Boba Fett.

23. Buddha Fett

Dec 18, 1999
    [​IMG]

24. David_Skywalker01

David_Skywalker01 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Exactly.

I also love the idea of Jabba playing Han and Boba against each other.

Dra--- likes this.
  25. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    That would be amazing. I'd rather them combine their stories into one film, rather than two separate ones.

Immortiss likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.