main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

" They arrived right before you did "

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Matrix, Jul 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matrix

Matrix Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2004
    why didnt lando tell han right away that the empire was in bespin if they came before him . couldnt he have wispered in his ear so vader wouldnt know and then han could act like he wants to leave on his own . I dont think lando got any reward for playing along so he had nothing to lose . and if the empire came before the falcon then why how did they know the falcon was heading there ?

just some thoughts .

2. JediSF

JediSF Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    Matrix, good thoughts. There's a good thread going that's covering this. The link is below. you should check it out, I think you can probably add to the discussion.

Did Lando warn Han about the Empire?

3. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    I don't think Lando had that privilage. Darth Vader was desperate to capture Luke and to do so he needed Han and the others at Bespin. My guess is that Vader made a very rough deal with Lando: "Deliver them to me or I will destroy this city."

I don't think Lando had a choice.

4. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    Lando had to look out for himself, as I'm sure failure would comply with death.

5. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Seems a lot of people are missing the Lando/Empire/Warning thing.
    He didn't tell them cause he thought Vader wanted Luke. He didn't want to risk harm coming to him or the people of Cloud City. He was NOT told that Han would be given to Boba Fett (Lando says that) and he was told Liea and Chewy would stay with him. He thought, if I go alone with them only his Skywalker guy is given to Vader. He doesnt know or care about Skywalker. If he did warn Han, Han would run off. Then Lando would have been killed.

Lot of people seem to be missing this point.

6. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    The deal was; Lure Luke into a trap, and the Empire will leave your little mining establishment alone.

Telling Han about it would have violated the whole thing. It's all right there in the movie.

7. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Also, the Empire knew Han and company were going there because Boba Fett was tracking them. It would strike Fett as odd that they didn't jump to hyperspace so the Empire figured out that their drive was out. Fett calculated where they were going as Bespin was the only inhabitable place (aside from numerous Space Slugs). The Empire jumped there right before Han and co did and made the deal. Vader needed Han for bait for some Skywalker person. Okiedokie. Then Vader started altering the deals and Lando had to pray that they weren't altered any further.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.