main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST They changed the ending substantially.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Dizagaox, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dizagaox

Dizagaox Jedi Master

Nov 18, 2004
    Hi everyone! As EHT can verify, I was aware of most of the confirmed plot for TFA since filming. I won't disclose how, but I independently verified quite a few reports for various websites, including MSW. With that out the way, I'm more than happy to share one major thing they cut out the film entirely.

The Resistance originally revealed at the very end of the film they've built their own Death Star-like spherical weapon ship. The X-Wing pilot doesn't stop the Starkiller Base from being active, because it's revealed the First Order have backup drives and learnt from the mistakes of the Empire. So the Base is about to fire, and then Leia orders the secret weapon to jump in and save the day. From what I gather, it was a Death Star-like gigantic ball that lightspeeds through planets and causes them to break up and implode. It was meant to be a central storyline for Leia and why Luke and Han left her. She didn't want a repeat of Alderaan so created an even more dangerous weapon to counter such villainy, but Luke and Han felt it made her no better than the Empire. It's why the Resistance is detached from the Republic too.

2. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
  3. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
  4. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Yeah, and then Optimus Prime fired the wave motion gun and destroyed the Klingons....okay buddy. That sounded just like I posted...a bunch of hippy dippy crap.

5. Young Yoda

Young Yoda Jedi Knight star 1

May 4, 2014
    Maybe Dizagaox is a joker, but one thing is true, MakingStarWars talked about a superweapon of the Resistance... It was in their synopsis. It's one of the only things we didn't see in the movie.. Strange...

6. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Didn't they call it the sledgehammer? Or slingshot?

I recall a Lucas quote that the ST would be about moral ambiguity. This plot would've fit into that nicely.

7. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    wait a minute really? They really were going to have a superweapon? I never read that.

8. Justrec

Justrec Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 13, 2014
    It would've been better to have a reason for Han leaving Leia, that would've been fine with me, there was a lot not explained, and they were just kinda..there.

9. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Yes, it was one of the longest standing rumors.

DarthBane93, Dak Oolron and Luke02 like this.
  10. Young Yoda

Young Yoda Jedi Knight star 1

May 4, 2014
  11. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    That's a really interesting idea. Less predictable than X-wings taking it down too.

If true I wonder if it's reserved for VIII?

Dra--- likes this.
  12. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I don't buy this idea at all, and never have.

darklordoftech and Darthmaul208 like this.
  13. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

Their kid massacred their Uncle's Academy slaughtering women, men and children due in large part they couldn't handle his evil (and IMO a bit masochist) ways therefore they sent him off to boarding school with Uncle Luke leaving Little Ben feeling abandoned and betrayed by his own parents.

Pretty good reason I say.

14. floatlikegas

floatlikegas Jedi Master star 2

Apr 27, 2010

That makes sense
    I think the movie totally made the resistance look like the good guys which was to be expected but a lot was made of how the conflict would be more grey about the conflict in general.

A jedi goes to the dark side and kills a bunch of people every few years. Han would not be pushed away from Leia unless she did something that pushed him away

15. Ian passman

Ian passman Jedi Master star 2

Mar 16, 2013

You got the touch. You got the poooower~

DaveyWanKenobi and Anakin_Prime like this.
  16. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    I will be honest I had heard something similar but it was from someone I consider to be a complete bogus. He sent fake photos about, was always writing bs and not a pleasant person either. I did not believe his rubbish then and I don't now. Plus people claimed MSW to be fake, this other guy took the biscuit. I have nothing but contempt for the crap he sent out. :rolleyes:

17. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Wow, Supershadow is still around?! [face_laugh]

I kid. I kid.

Tython Dawn likes this.
  18. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I like that movement in Leia's character. She shoots first and Lucas doesn't retro that. Means she's a little bit more wise, a little bit more practical, than Mothma.

DarthBane93 likes this.
  19. RobShanti

RobShanti Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2009
    Isn't "diza" Bocce for "super"...and "gaox" Bocce for "shadow"?

EDIT: HA! Ninja'd by Obi-Wan's Apparition! Great minds, great minds.

Obi-Wan's Apparition likes this.
  20. Bigger Fish

Bigger Fish Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 24, 2015
    LOL!

It would have shown us the real power of Power Converters! [face_laugh]

21. Sgt. Carver

Sgt. Carver Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2015
    It wouldn't surprise if they decided to save that plot for future movies.

22. Dizagaox

Dizagaox Jedi Master

Nov 18, 2004
    Another major change I can confirm that happened over the summer is Snoke went from being a force ghost into a hologram. I know why this was changed - it was for the Chinese market, where ghost characters are no longer allowed to be seen on screen. I would not be surprised if we don't see any more force ghosts in future Star Wars films and series.

study3600 and nightangel like this.
  23. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    What?

DarthBane93 likes this.
  24. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Yeah, no.... Star Wars is and will be first and foremost made for the American market. To cut off a staple of its lore to appease one market is such bogus bantha poodoo. Snoke was never going to be a Force ghost.

25. Dizagaox

Dizagaox Jedi Master

Nov 18, 2004
    Yes well as you will see in the concept art and books sure to be out soon, he was most definitely a phantom.

nightangel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.