main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

They dont have to survive

Discussion in 'Literature' started by chissdude10, Jan 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I was thinking, maybe since the circumstances have changed, being a jedi is more a right to belive, then a person. Sure Luke and the Jedies may die, but it may be the corage of people like Han, and others who will define the meaning of the force. Maybe its not just a few indeviduals who are special. The Force is in everything! Just think about it.

2. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    It seems like your theory is like a blind man defining the meaning of seeing, it doesn't make a lot of sense but is possible...

3. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    You oviously havnt been around long enough to now my theorie reputation.

4. Infiltrator

Jan 4, 2002
    I was being polite, I am a newbie but I know of your ease with insane theories.

5. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    Dude, your theries are even more whack than mine

6. Jag_Fel

Jag_Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2002
    Thats som nic spellage thear.

7. Risste

Risste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Well, maybe I'm opening season on myself, but what the he...

Chissdudes theory sounds pretty non-whacky to me. Sure, the Jedi can channel and wield the force, but it's not as if they have more force in them than there is in anything else.

Yoda said that the force was in all things. He also said that size matters not, which seems to indicate that the power of the force can not be quantified.

Seems to me there is infinite force potential in all life, from viruses to rocks to people. That seems to be a good explanation for why size deosn't matter. And if that is the case, then it seems naive to say that Jedi create more force than other people.

Seems to me that life is what creates the force, not Jedi life. So I don't think it a huge leap to say that all living things create the same amount of force. Does that really sound whacky?

8. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    well it all sounds perfectly feasible but what you get down to is that it's been tried. (i may get his name wrong, the dude who trnasfered to the droid body)Nichos Marr (or was it Michos Carr ?[face_plain] ) tried this. Han tried this. Wedge tried this.

Raynar tried this. But see there's an interesting point, and you can argue that Raynar uses the force, and I'm not arguing for or against that.

¤Night

9. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    hm..........interesting.

10. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    They don't have to survive. Del Rey can just use the "Buckaroo Banzai" ending for the New Jedi Order.

After the Vong have been defeated, Luke comes walking down a revetment. Joining him are Han, and Leia. Chewbaaca and Lando "New Jersey" Calrissian quickly come strutting along. Then comes Jacen and Jaina. Anakin matches stride and walks with the group. Corran "Mr. Perfect" Horn waltzes in...

11. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000
    I was being polite, I am a newbie but I know of your ease with insane theories.

Wow, two points for Infiltrator- nice shooting.

Genghis, I can hear that cool theme music now. I was an original Blue Blaze Irregular and still a member. Had my Buckaroo Banzai head band and everything.

Clancy Brown would have made a cool Exar-Kun.

12. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Kier...
    "Clancy Brown would have made a cool Exar-Kun."

You know - now that you mention it, I agree. Clancy would be perfect.

Remember...
    "Wherever you go. There you are."

13. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Genghis12: They don't have to survive. Del Rey can just use the "Buckaroo Banzai" ending for the New Jedi Order.

Man,Bukaroo Banzai! That brings back memories!! I really wanted a pair of those snazzy bubble-wrap glasses they used to view the hologram with. Oh no!! Now I got that ending theme music stuck in my head!! Thanks alot Genghis!! :mad: :D

14. Shaeri

Shaeri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 1999
    I think it's a fine theory, chissdude. It makes sense to me, anyway. You could argue that it was the will of the Force that Han showed up just in time to save Luke so he could blow the Death Star...but the fact remains that Han's not a Jedi, but he made a difference anyway. Ordinary people make a difference, which is why the Alliance posed such a threat to Palpy even though the Jedi were basically gone. I don't see why there should be any difference now, and, in fact, with half the order already wiped out, we'd better hope there's no difference.
    As for insane theories...keep 'em coming, chissdude. They're more fun than the sane ones, and they tend to spark more animated discussion.

15. Infiltrator

Jan 4, 2002
    "fine theory chissdude"

isn't that an oxymoron(sp?)

16. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    No, and to the lady who wrote CS, "Fundementalist Athiest" is NOT A OXYMORAN! I CHECKED WITH MY ENGLISH TEACHER!

17. Infiltrator

Jan 4, 2002
    one can be a fundimentalist athiest, being a fundamentalist with their athiest beleifs

18. Shaeri

Dec 16, 1999
    How exactly would it be an oxymoron? Are you saying that because "fine" and "theory" don't go together, or because, in your estimation, "fine theory" and "chissdude" don't go together?
    Just because his theories can fall under the heading of wack doesn't mean they can't be good or have some grain of truth in them.
    And besides, coming from me (co-author of the "Obi-Wan is the one who really turned and became Darth Vader" theory), I doubt it would be an oxymoron to call even the wackest theories "fine".

19. Infiltrator

Jan 4, 2002
    true, and sorry, chissdude's theories are infamous though, you must understand...

20. Shaeri

Dec 16, 1999
    I do understand. I've been reading chissdude's theories all autumn and winter. Wack is good.

21. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Well she said being "fundemental" should only be used in religios context.

22. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Chissdude is wrong (tell your English teacher I disagree with him/her :) )...
    "Fundamentalist Atheist"

Infiltrator is right...
    "fundamentalist atheist"

Semantics, yes. But Fundamentalism (capital) is a 20th century movement in Protestantism emphasizing the literally interpreted Bible as fundamental to Christian life and teaching. Therefore a Fundamentalist (capital) is one who professes such beliefs in the almighty.

Therefore, one cannot be a Fundamentalist and not believe in God.

However, in a general sense, "fundamentalism" (not a proper noun titled for a specific religious movement) is merely a movement or attitude stressing strict and literal adherence to a set of basic principles.

In recap:
    NOT an oxymoran:
    • fundamentalist Atheist
    • fundamentalist atheist
    IS an oxymoran:
    • Fundamentalist Atheist
    • Fundamentalist atheist
    Now, if you had capitalized "Fundamentalist" as merely the beginning of the sentence, then there's not enough information from the context to determine which version of fundamentalism was meant.

:)

23. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Your smart Genghis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.