main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto 'They might be famous-fictional-characters'! T.O.'s Halloween Party.

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by sw-starwarsfreakness, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QueenJess

QueenJess Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2003
    Maybe I'll make an appearance, Tess. Then you can introduce me to all your ubercool friends. ;)

2. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

You're gonna make a good impression here Jess! :p

3. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    I will have difficulty making it, due to fininacial difficulty until my loan comes in. If I do make it, it will be with a shoddy costume.

4. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Lacking sleep and reading Tess' posting "...200 pixie sticks have been bought at the local 7 Eleven" my first thought was what kind of costume would use 200 pixie sticks.

A lightbulb clicks in my head and I think she is going to glue all the pixie sticks into a box so they stick up, then put it on her head to be a toothbrush.

Then I think what kind of famous fictional character is that?

I need more sleep.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

5. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
  6. Sabia_Ronit

Sabia_Ronit Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2003
    LOL!! Too funny Alex!

I am very excited about the party. And incase I had any thoughts of backing out of it before (which I assure you, I did not)hearing of the 200 pixie sticks being there assures you that I will be there. :D

Now to finish that costume...

7. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Well it is looking less and less like I can make it afterall. Sorry guys. I hope you have fun. I will try to contact Pepper and tell him not to come.

8. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

James, you have to make it down!

9. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

I'm down with a bad flu at the momment. I was speaking to my neighbour today, and she said that my flu sounded exactly like what she had.

It lasted two weeks.

Now, depending on what the doctor says today... the party may or may not be cancelled. I'm sorry you guys, I never ment to get sick. Puking throughout the day, Sleeping under two huge blankets, and sleeping most of the day is not somthing I'd rather be doing.

I'll keep you posted, yet it doesn't look good. :_|

10. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    We're all hoping for a speedy recovery!
    ...for YOUR sake :p Show influenza who's boss!

11. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Get better Tessa!

Set those White blood cells on attack!! :)

12. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    I hope you feel better soon Tessa! I just got my Flu shot a few days ago, since it is nessacary for my program, and here I am, Sick with the Flu :(

13. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Starve a cold and feed a fever. Or was it the other way around??? Never could remember it.

Not sure but hope you get better. They say laughter is the best medicine so keep reading the board.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

14. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    If the party is on due to prior commitment I will be leaving at 8 with Keda. But we'll stop by for an hour.

15. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

No worries. Unless my flu takes a turn for the worse, the party will still be on.

So mark your calenders. Eight days to go ;)

16. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003
    Alright. Now that the party is only seven days away I have to start asking some questions.

a) What do you people like for breakfest? Most of you are staying for three days = two mornings. I'm trying to figure out what I should stalk the fridge with. Make it easy, I'm no cook.

b) Anyone allergic to anything? Just in case ;)

c) What are we doing Friday Night? Someone suggested to me that we go see Rocky Horrer Picture Show, someone else suggested that we see Aliens, and another suggested that we go to a Haunted House. I back the idea of the Haunted House. Can someone give me some details as I am lost! :p

I think that's all the questions I can come up with at the momment. Remmeber bring $10 to cover the costs.

Can someone bring the Dueling sabers? ;)

17. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Breakfast I am good with anything and I have no alergies.

Friday night I say we enact an old favorite halloween tradition of mine....GHOSTBUSTERS!

18. Sabia_Ronit

Sabia_Ronit Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2003
    SSSSSweet!!! :)
    Speaking of sweets, I bought a "few" bags of mini chocolate bars for the weekend :)

In response to the questions:
    A) I am fine with anything, but i know that helps you none whatsoever, so here's some "breakfast foods" (as I eat other foods that are not labelled as such) I eat: cereals (especially sugar loaded ones), waffles, pancakes (i can definitely help cook), french toast, fruit, toast. Hopefully that helps in that department ;)

B)Allergies: Black Pepper

C)I am ALL for the Haunted House. :)

Like I said above, I hope this helps some.
    Can't Wait!!
    **Steph**

*************This is my longest post on the boards*************

19. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    I say as far as food goes I think it can be a colaborative effort. I think we can all sort of pitch in to help cook and clean. Its not much to ask of everyone since you are setting up this shin dig with a place to stay. I mean you (Tessa) is going all out for the rest of us. Breakfast should be the least of your worries.

20. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    BreakFEAST eh...well lets see.... Eggs, overeasy please, bacon, haspotatoes or homefries...toast, pancakes, sereal...maybe some friut...French Toast can stand in for the pancakes if need be ;)

As for Illegic..nope...lbut maybe some are Allergic ;) hehehe (counting seconds till Tessa Edits...

I also vote for haunted house, none have scared me yet though... :)

21. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    a) Spam, bacon, sausage and spam.

b) no

c) The haunted house sounds good.

22. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003
    Took awhile for me to edit ;)

Just wanted to know what normal people eat for breakfest, since I have a rushed Mr. Noodle in the morning (well... when I eat :p )

Glad you guys like the idea of the haunted house. Should I look into screamers? Which one did Alex sugest? Or was it Justin? Or was Justin speaking to Alex and then told me? :S I'm now confussed.

23. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

New questions to add to the list:

d) What time and day are you arriving? Doubt the folks from out of town know how to get to the place. Need a guide! Awell, I need to know how much floor space is needed for the nights.

e) What are you going to be for Hallowe'en? Silly question I know. I'm just interested!

24. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Pepper and I are trying to some up on the Friday...I may make it on the Thursday...i need to see what is going on. And when I can get the money to take the bus. (gonna beg parents [face_plain] )

I will be coming as a half assed Samwise Gamgee. BTW does anyone have a tweed jacket that would fit a large man...measurements unknown. Also looking for a waterskin and specific type of backpack...something that would look like its from middle earth.

25. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Steph and I should be coming in with NickandGraeme :)

I'm coming as Superman.......

But really Spider-Man :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.