They should really publish a PT guide for absolute and complete morons

Discussion in 'Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by Darth-Seldon, Oct 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    I really don't understand why so many users on this site don't understand the simple politics behind The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.

Regular questions you will see on the JC are,
    Why does the Trade Federation invade Naboo?
    Why is Jango hired to kill Padme?
    Why did Kamino get erased from the records?
    Why did Palpatine keeps the clones a secret?
    Why did Palpatine want Padme to be with Anakin?
    What would make Dooku say that he does not understand where the army came from when he really does know the truth?

There are about a billion other similar questions which I have thankfully erased from my immediate memory.

I don't really understand what they don't understand. What I really love about the Prequel films is they really have an in-depth story taking place beneath the surface. You really have to understand Palpatine to appreciate the films. A lot of critics and others tend not to spend the time thinking about it and quickly turn into bashing something they don't fully understand.

I just don't understand why so many users don't understand the simple politics of it all. I mean the way Palpatine operates. The way he is a puppet master and is pulling quite a few strings. Finally in Return of the Jedi we see the puppet pull the strings and strangle the master. It is truly a great story to follow and I get rather annoyed when so many don't understand it and won't think about it.

-Seldon
  2. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    You're right. Someone does need to make a guide like that. As a matter of fact, when i get out of here, i might be interested in doing something like that myself. Not a book, of course, i just mean a little something to post in the Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones forums. It'll take a little work, but i think i need to be a part of something positive on TFN as opposed to having a useless past of nothing.

Even if i do decide to do this, i sure as hell won't make one for any of the Episode III forums. Newbies and trolls dressed up as newbies come up with the stupidest crap and there's no way i could cover all of that.
  3. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    Its hard for me to fathom people asking those questions. But then again I know the answers to them. But alas people will always ask without understanding or even trying to understand.

~PK~
  4. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Yeah, as i've told you before, i don't even really bother posting in the 3SA or any of the other movie forums anymore because most of the questions are extremely redundant.
  5. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    I think part of the problem is people won't think and won't look deeper into it.

I may just start a long thread to explain my analysis of it all.

-Seldon
  6. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Or better yet, maybe we could collaborate on making those threads. Are you interested?
  7. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    What really sucks about 3SA alot of the people who post in those thread don't have strong faith in their own opinions. I hadn't been back a month when I convinced a thread of people that they were looking at the situation all wrong and it really should be this way. Which is just sad because I remember days of strong opinions and beliefs in the things people said.

I should know I sparked a 30 page long discussion on wheater or not the clone wars start at the beganning of the flim or at the end. And no one wanted to change their views.

~PK~
  8. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    I think no matter how much you tell someone this, there will always be a newbie or a group of them who will ask the question yet again. I really think it is just part of the JC.

-Seldon
  9. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    What really sucks about 3SA alot of the people who post in those thread don't have strong faith in their own opinions. I hadn't been back a month when I convinced a thread of people that they were looking at the situation all wrong and it really should be this way. Which is just sad because I remember days of strong opinions and beliefs in the things people said.

I should know I sparked a 30 page long discussion on wheater or not the clone wars start at the beganning of the flim or at the end. And no one wanted to change their views.

[face_laugh]

You should do both of two things in these situations. Be open minded, and work your discussions off cold hard fact. If you want to run into walls, walk with the blind man (which i've used in discussions in this forum twice in the past two days). If we don't know anything, it's neither good to flip from situation to situation or make a theory and stick to it even when proven wrong.
  10. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    True I just miss the day of strong-willed debate and not any of this well we don't know this for a fact but I think George will do this because I can access his mind.

~PK~
  11. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    I occasionaly post at 3NS. That forum can get really boring at times so I don't usually go to it.

-Seldon
  12. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Haha, i miss those days too. Strange, people look to the Senate and Saga forums for all serious discussions, but it's a fact that their dead. :p
  13. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    lol Well what sucks even more is, that even more people are going to be filling in here the closer that Episode 3 gets here. Now the big Spoiler news of the year will be what movie has the first trailer for Episode 3. I hope its a good movie so I can convince my boyfriend to take me to see it. Just so I can come back home and tear 3SA up. Because at least hopefully I will have a little bit more to put reasonable thoughts together about the movie. No more of this what Yoda's doing and Anakin falling in lava.

~PK~

P.S. If you didn't know the lava thing is not a spoiler its old news it was in the ROTJ book. Obi-Wan tells Luke.
  14. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    The concept of Lava is also found in the Star Wars Annotated Screenplays. That is nothing new. So I don't think we really have to worry about spoilers.

-Seldon
  15. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    I miss the days of 2SA where noobs feared to tread; where anyone and everyone who posted something dumb was verbally beaten by everyone until they either started posting better or went upstairs to cry to their moms. It didn't stop people from posting dumb things, but it stopped them from posting it twice.
  16. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    So true, and now everyone has to play nicey nice or fear banning for not playing by the rules. But some of them do need a good butt kicking.

~PK~
  17. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    I miss the days of 2SA where noobs feared to tread; where anyone and everyone who posted something dumb was verbally beaten by everyone until they either started posting better or went upstairs to cry to their moms. It didn't stop people from posting dumb things, but it stopped them from posting it twice.

I'm sure PrincessKenobi remembers me in those days all too well. I was definately a n00b, but i was so cocky and moronic i didn't fear to post my mindless crap. Hell, i remember looking at the trailer one time and posting a thread because i thought the blue entrails coming out of the back of Slave I's missles looked kind of like a lightsaber, and then Mar17swgirl came on and told me if i ever wanted an e-social life again, i shouldn't ever post anything like that again.

Yeah, i've done a lot of retarded stuff in my time on TFN.
  18. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    I used to lurk the 2SA, but I had not created an account yet.
  19. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    I actually created the PrincessKenobi account twice. First time when the move to the new boards was taking place and it was on here a day and then got deleted because they took down the board and I had to re-register my name.But thats no biggie. And you know what we all did some stupid stuff back in our early days of starting off.

But there will never be a spoiler board like 2SA. I remember when people began making the move to 3SA from 2SA and it was amusing watching people post there a year before even Episode 2 had come out. I never understood talking about spoilers before 2 had come out. But the man thing that sticks out in my mind about 2SA was the Beardi Knights. It's an honor to be one. Though Dooku ruined the idea but he was the exception as was discussed afterward. Because he use to be good.

~PK~
  20. Qui Gon Jim23 Force Ghost

star 5

Sadly, it seems that the admins are much more insterested in being politically correct and not offending the delicate sensitivites of the nerddom population. If you ask me, that's the biggest problem with the JCC. By not allowing experienced forum users to police the noobs, you end up with the garbage like the Poop Posse.

21. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Well, that's because most of the oldbies are self-amusing jackasses. We don't like noobs either, but leaving the fate of them in the hands of those assclowns won't get us anywhere.

As for the crowd pleasing attitude, we can blame that on no one other than Raven.
  22. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    Its the sad truth about the state of the JC in general. Alot of these newer people find a way to get a mod in their pocket and let them get away with more then the average user or the one whos been here forever. Which is a sad thing, especially in 3SA right now. Alot of these newer people have no guidence or anything on how to post or what not. And they don't have us jumping down their throats for posting something stupid like we use to be able to do. Stupid politcal correctness.

~PK~
  23. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Yeah, it's stupid.

Bite that, KnightWriter.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.