main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA They're talking about SPOCON in Seattle...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Raph1613, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    Hi everybody!

As you all (hopefully) know, Noelle and I were at NorWesCon this last weekend.
    For the record: It was awesome!

While we were there, we ran into Nick, who had some SPOCON promo stuff with him.
    I let him put one of the posters ( they look awesome!! ) up on our hotel room door. People were constantly stopping outside our door and discussing it in a very positive way.

As you all know, I'm usually drunk at conventions, so I was only sober enough to coherently catch one conversation while fetching ice:
    ConGoer #1 "Some friends of mine went to SPOCON last year. I hear they really have their [BLEEP] together. I'm planning on going."
    ConGoer #2 "Can you believe it was organized by a bunch of Star Wars fans?"
    ConGoer #1 "No [BLEEP]?!"
    As far as I can remember, the other conversations were from people who actually went to SPOCON, and they were doing the same thing I did. Comparing it to NorWesCon.

Good job guys! They like you in Seattle.
    And they're usually eletist jerks over there.....

2. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    LOL! That is hilarious! It is funny how things can get misinterpreted. I guess several of us ARE Star Wars fans, but that didn't define us. It is great that someone was advertising there!

3. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    We win?

:D

That's awesome news Alfredo, I think we had a contingent over there spreading the word, good to hear they did a good job, anyone who misses SpoCon this year will surely regret it...

Did I mention that Pre-registration is open? ;)

Come to SpoCon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.