main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx THIEVES!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Master_Ronin, Dec 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Ronin

Master_Ronin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    It is a sad day. My car was stolen last night from the Cine Capri parking lot. Already filed a police report. Gonna talk to the insurance company tomorrow.

2. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Oh, Ronin that just sucks. StarBlazer over in the RMFF had the same thing happen to her mother (although it was out of their garage [face_shocked]).

I'm so sorry this happened to you :(

3. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    :mad:

man, that sucks...

i know how much work you put into that car...

grr...the police had better hope they find the thief before we do...

4. Master_Ronin

May 16, 2002
    Actually Sideshow, after talking with the insurance company, I hope it doesn't show up again, or shows up totalled...if that's the case, I get Blue Book (about 9k) plus reimbursement for everything I put into it, and things that were in the car when it was stolen (about 5k).

And you know, with the kind of car I have, if they do find it, it'll be sitting on cinder blocks, minus wheels, engine, transmission, stereo, seats, steering wheel, spoiler, hood, etc. When a GS-R gets stolen by a pro, there's no saving it.

If I don't get it back, that means I'll be able to start over, and not make the same mistakes that I did on this one.

5. Lord_Reaper

Lord_Reaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Ronin, I heard from your mother that earlier that day you had said, "I have so many things that still need to be fixed on that car, I wish I could just start over again and do it right"

This leads me to believe two things:
    1. Be careful of what you wish for. There are things out there greater then you and almost I that are listening to your requests.
    2. Just like Mario and Peach, this is a setup. If it is, mum is the word... You can count on me...
    "No officer, he loved that car... he would never even let his parents drive it let alone a random thief he hired"

6. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Let's just hope that security is a little tighter during the Episode III Line-up.

Sorry about your car Ronin. I hope the Police Find it.

7. Master_Ronin

May 16, 2002
    Reaper:

1. Yes, I know. Believe me, I KNOW.
    2. Shhhhh!! One more mention and I'll wake up one morning with an steering wheel in bed with me courtesy of the Don! ;)

8. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Security will be better during lineup, we'll all be there. :)

9. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    I'm sorry, Ronin, that is NOT cool.

And yeah, it will be safer during EP 3 lineup. Aren't we the ones that do regular knife checks and nearly all of us are obsessed with weaponry? ;-p

10. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Excellent point, Mick! Knife Check!!! :D

11. Darth_Greedo

Darth_Greedo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2002
    Hey Ronin sorry to hear about what happened to your car man. I know how much you loved it. Hope they find it how you want it. Now maybe I should go park my truck in the parking lot and see what happenes???

12. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Yeah, no kidding. Anyone who wants can have my Geo Prizm, but there don't seem to be many takers.

Sorry to hear about that Ronin. :( That really really sucks!!

13. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    Better to have a car that was stolen then to never have a car at all.

Yeah. I wish I had a car.

14. KREATOR

KREATOR Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2003
    I sympathize with you. In October I had all 4 of my wheels stolen from my truck. Not quite as bad as the whole car being gone. Still sucked though, nothing like seeing you vehicle there and not being able to go anywhere.

:)

I hope that they have better luck catching your bandits.

:D

15. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Man, that sucks!!! I can't beleive they got it from the Cine Capri parking lot! I know how you liked that car, man. Given my experience with theft recoveries, I hope it never turns up. Or, like you said, it's totalled. You're right when you say it would be completely stripped.

16. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    The Holiday Spirit has certainly been going around lately: I had my Talon Squad custom license plates stolen while I was out of town.

But not to worry, Noghri commando teams have already been dispatched.

17. Darth_Myles

Darth_Myles Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    I am suddenly reminded of a time that Sideshows car mysteriously caught fire the way back from the Salt River....

:D

18. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    THAT SUCKS!!!! Man, what's with this world. First, my sister's house was broken into and her boyfriends computer and her wireless network card was stolen, and now YOU?!?!?!?

There has got to be something fishy here, although I doubt there is a connection.

19. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    now i'm getting mad... :mad:

my car was broken into for the second time in 4 months...

but the joke is on the theif, because i hadn't replaced any of my stereo equipment since the last time it was stolen. so he must've had a bad night, breaking into a car to find everything of value had already been taken!

i just wish the'd stop breaking the glass, maybe i should leave the windows down so they can see for themselves there's nothing in there!

20. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Yeah, I'd be getting mad too. I can't imagine car windows are exactly cheap to replace. That really sucks.

Wondering, tho... could it be some of the decals on your car that are making it a target? Maybe you could take some of them off. Not that I don't think the sideshow-mobile is anything short of cool, but maybe the thief is looking specifically at specialized cars and the brand logos on them... 'course, I could be so wrong that it's not even this side of the galaxy...

:)

21. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    yes, i'm sure it has alot to do with it. i think i'm going to try and sell this car. i'm tired of it anyways...

22. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Ready to upgrade to the Skyline?

23. Mobius

Mar 3, 2002
    Why not? You can get a nice R32 GT-R Skyline from Motorex, Inc. for about $30K. That's not too bad, considering they handle all the importation and legalization issues.

Of course, if you want the latest R34 model, you're gonna drop close to $100 grand...

24. Master_Ronin

May 16, 2002
    Or you could wait for the USDM model that's coming in a few years...or the new RX-7. Mmmmmm...rotory power that won't explode.

25. Mobius

Mar 3, 2002
    He he, by the time I can afford on of those cars, they'll be available here... :)

Actually, I'm seriously considering an R32 when I make full tech. When you're making $65K+, you can afford some of the nicer things in life...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.