main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends -Thin Ice- (written for the Dec. Ben Skywalker Challenge) [fic #3]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Meredith_Kenobi, Dec 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    This was written for the December Ben Skywalker challenge which is, essentially, write as many Ben Skywalker fics in December that you possibly can! This is fic #3.

This is an angsty Jacen and Ben ficcy that ended soemwhat more tragically then I had planned....

Thanks for reading!!!

?Come on now, Ben. If you truly trust me you will follow me.? Jacen Solo looked up at the sky. ?I think it?s going to snow.?
    Ben stood at the edge of the frozen lake. He put one foot onto the fragile ice, and quickly withdrew it when sounds of crackling ice met his ears. ?I can?t do it, Jacen! I?ll fall through!?

Jacen crossed his arms. His head shook. He was standing in the direct center of the lake, calm and composed. ?Ben, Ben, Ben. Have I fallen through??

?No.?

?And why do you think that is??

?You?ve been?working out??

?Wrong. I?m twice your height and probably three times your weight. Try again.?

Ben thought. ?You?are?levitating yourself.?

?Wrong. Try again.?

?What is this, a video game?? Ben protested. ??You?ve failed your mission! Try again for another half a credit?!?

Jacen shook his head. ?I can see you?re going to be difficult. The reason I have not yet fallen through the thin ice is because I trust in the Force.?

?That?s crap.?

?Ben. Your mother would hardly approve of you using such language.?

?She also wouldn?t approve of you teaching me crap.?

Jacen let an aggravated sigh slip past his lips.

?The Force,? Ben continued. ?Is not like a guardian angel. We can?t just jump off of a cliff and expect it to keep us from splatting on the rocks below.?

?Not if we call on it,? Jacen added. ?If we call on the Force we can use it to slow our fall.?

?The Force isn?t a tool we can pick up and use whenever we want! We have to respect it!? Ben crossed his arms. ?I refuse to walk out onto this barely frozen lake just because I can.?

?Then you will fall through,? Jacen said matter-of-factly.

?Not if I?hey! Jacen, stop it!? Ben felt his feet moving forward by themselves. ?Jacen! Stop!?

Ben?s foot connected with the ice. Thin hair-line cracks spread from his footstep. ?No!? His other foot stepped onto the ice. ?Jacen!?

?Do you know that old saying, Ben? ?What you don?t know can?t hurt you??? Jacen asked, ignoring Ben?s cries. ?It?s wrong; it doesn?t make an ounce of sense. What you don?t know can hurt you.?

Of Jacen?s accord, Ben?s legs walked further onto the thin ice. The ice cracked and snapped but my some miracle his feet didn?t go through.

?Ben, you?re going to have to learn to trust me. Trust in me and I?ll keep you from going through the ice. But you must also trust in the Force, for it is truly the Force, and not me, that is holding you up.?

Ben was now in the center of the lake, mere feet from where Jacen was standing. ?Jacen?? Ben heard the fear in his own voice. He was twenty feet from the shore. His life was in Jacen?s hands.

?Not my hands!? Jacen exploded.

Ben jumped, startled.

?You?re in the Force?s hands! The Force!?

Ben?s eyes widened. He stared at Jacen, and Jacen stared at him. Jacen?s eyes were as cold as the ice beneath Ben?s feet. Ben shook his head. ?Don?t.?

?It will be,? Jacen remarked, crossing his arms solemnly. ?A lesson you will never forget.?

Ben barely got out a cry before he went under. The frigid water instantly sucked the warmth from his body. He reflexively tried to take a gulp of oxygen, but his lungs drew in only water.

Ben choked, forcing himself from inhaling. He looked up and noticed in a dim frantic fog that he could see the bottom of Jacen?s feet standing on the thin ice.

Ben frantically tried to swim, but the lack of oxygen in his bloodstream had exhausted him. He reached his hand towards Jacen, wishing, hoping. But Jacen didn?t move; he wasn?t going to rescue him.

Ben?s vision grew dimmer. His lungs burned for oxygen. He could resist the contractions of his lungs no more. He opened his mouth and his lungs filled with water?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    poor Ben

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Whoa! :eek: Incredible!

?The Force,? Ben continued. ?Is not like a guardian angel. We can?t just jump off of a cliff and expect it to keep us from splatting on the rocks below.?

?Not if we call on it,? Jacen added. ?If we call on the Force we can use it to slow our fall.?

?The Force isn?t a tool we can pick up and use whenever we want! We have to respect it!? Ben crossed his arms. ?I refuse to walk out onto this barely frozen lake just because I can.?

?Then you will fall through,? Jacen said matter-of-factly.

Ben shows much wisdom here, much like his namesake AND his father.

:_| but =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.