main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Things come in 3s. What's the next bizarre JCCer story to break?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jp-30, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    not really all that amazing if you've paid any attention to the jcc over the years

2. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    No worries, Ariana lost what was so special about her after she went to college. JM22 is either obsessing over a video game or got in trouble with the law for lusting after the wrong HOT GIRLS!!1

Dark Lady Mara likes this.
  3. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    for the longest time when i first signed up here i thought the image of the girl in a bikini doing a handstand was actually ariana lang.

4. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
  5. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    this picture, at the time it seemed to be almost exclusively used in reference to her. and i was internet young and naive.

[​IMG]

6. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    So let's get it back on track--You guys find out I am actually VadersLament and I really do own a yacht already. :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I never said you single anyone out. Those are your words, not mine. And for the record, I think your stance on all of those "sins" is uniformly offensive and disgusting. Homosexuality is nothing special in my eyes, just the one I focus on when it comes to the behaviour I see in you that I find distasteful. Yay for you that your disapproval of "sinful" behavior knows no boundaries. It's as if a racist person is saying they don't just disapprove of blacks, but all colored folk. Still pretty closed minded and disgusting.

8. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    @DarthTunick changes his font color to blue.

9. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Unlike his girlfriends.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  10. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Because that would be sinful

11. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

I actually did that for 2 separate, brief periods of time (spring of '02, spring of '08).

:p

12. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    There are clear and long-standing edicts against homosexuality that simply don't have any parallel on issues like sterilization. I should personally think that these straight forward rationales are to be much preferred to the later, supra-textual inventions designed to be more "logical" in their approach.

13. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Strilo gets promoted again. Seriously, guys, who do I need to bribe to get this to happen?

14. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Fixed.

Mar17swgirl likes this.
  15. zigazigahh

zigazigahh Jedi Master star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    This just made me realize that I think I was partially getting JM22 and JW confused. JM22 is the one who wrote in random caps, right?

16. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  17. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    You don't think cheating is wrong?

And thinking pre-marital sex is a sin is offensive and disgusting?

R2-DK likes this.
  18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Depends on how you define cheating. You strike me as the type who finds polyamory immoral and/or sinful.

19. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Of course I do. But I support the rights of polyamorous people to get married.

20. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I'm not religious and I think "polyamory" is really dumb.

I also had to look up what "fornication" meant exactly. I had assumed it meant sex in general. Yay archaic words.

21. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Yes.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I don't think it'd work for me, but if it works for other consenting adults: who cares?

Blithe, PrincessKenobi , Rew and 6 others like this.
  23. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Calling dizfac... Oh, right.

24. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I've a friend it tends to work well for, overall. I don't really see other people's problems with it.

25. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Of course cheating is wrong. When is treason NOT wrong?

As for premarital sex being offensive and disgusting, according to who? The edicts of hypocritical old men who preached, well, hypocrisy and self-righteous morality to the masses as a means of CONTROL while indulging in the sins they speak against because they are also fallible human beings that couldn't ignore their bodies biological drives and needs? Those guys?

Let's be frank: "God", the Universe, the Force or whatever name you want to give to that mystical creative...whatever...you believe and pray to spawned beings that evolved into hormonal and sexual driven human beings. If that force didn't want humanity to ****, then why did it give them the means to do so instead of stunting our naughty bits? Why didn't it suppress those hormones that cause attraction, arousal and desire? Hell, why didn't it naturally suppress all emotions or otherwise hardwire into those creations supposedly created "in its image" the "moral" if not biological imperative that sex is solely for reproductive purposes?

I certainly don't know the answer to those questions. Maybe "God" didn't because its not there. Maybe all creations in the Universe have unalienable free will and they are free to follow the dictates of their corporal existence or their concious decisions. Maybe we are really not that evolved as animals and the sexual drive will always be there in ways that we cannot rationalize or explain.

I had sex before I got married and I sure as hell don't consider myself an amoral monster. Did I regret some of those instances? Of course I do. I'm a fallible human being, like you. Did I have sex with my wife before we got married? Yes, and so what? That is part of the intimacy of two people who LOVE each other before committing to the secular institution of marriage, and neither of us considered ourselves sinners prior to taking the vows on that religious ceremony a few years back.

I think your morals are getting in the way of your evolution as a human being, buddy. Let's say that in the future you happen to meet some girl you're inexplicably attracted to and she to you. And as you get to know each other better things become more intimate and, gasp, passionate, you'd say no to a woman that could possibly be your wife and mother of your children because having sex with her prior to a frakking ceremony and a signed piece of paper is a "sin"? And even if she weren't a potential spouse you'd still do so, rejecting your emotions and her while you're at it just for the sake of ignoring a perfectly normal biological drive - nay, need - because you think you'd be committing a "sin" based on the words of some old hypocrite hundreds or thousands of years dead? Please. Go out there, use that organ you're so obsessed over and simply get laid, son.