main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Things Dark Horse Comics can do to improve rapport with fans:

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth Ludicrous, Jan 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Tears of Palpatine

The Tears of Palpatine Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2000
    How about a miniseries or something of the sort explaining the fate of Lumiya? Or of the High Inquisitor Tremayne, Adalric Cessius Brandl, Jaalib Brandl, Alex Winger, et al.?

2. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    Imperial characters... except Winger. If a series settled their fates, there would have to be new characters invented to star in those. Much better, I believe to just give a glimpse of them in a Tales short.

3. The Tears of Palpatine

The Tears of Palpatine Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2000
    Not necessarily. Ms Jackson is quite talented, and we think she could write stories the Brandls as effective anti-heroes. The High Inquisitor Tremayne, ja, but why not combine his story with Captain Winger's?

4. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I really think that the authors / editors seriously at times need help or advice on continuity.

I think that more fan input is needed, after all - who buys the product? Fans.

Why not Dark Horse having a regular poll asking what the next series should be about, ie:

* Tales of the Jedi era
    * NJO based
    * Which character it should feature

Things like that.

5. CountJared

CountJared Jedi Master star 3

May 10, 2000
    Because they would all be about Quinlan Vos and Boba Fett.

6. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I don't think Quinlan Vos is THAT popular.

Boba Fett has had his fair share for a while, perhaps they list characters that haven't been featured before, and we pick?

7. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Does anyone at LF even remember Tremayne,or the Brandls?

8. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Hey DL, I'll be one of your underpiad flunkies!

9. Mad Jedi Master

Mad Jedi Master Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2000
    I agree with all points, except hiring AC Crispin. Well, I guess she would be okay, as long as she wasn't writing Han Solo. She just can't write him convincingly...

Just Kidding! If you sign Ann up, I will buy 2 copies of every issue, even if there aren't alternate covers! Give this lady a miniseries!

10. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Maybe you should repost this in DH's forums.

11. cmulligan01

cmulligan01 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 1998
    Interesting Bogga. The art in Last Stand at Ord Mantell is done by the same team as Infinity's End. Prior to Infinity's End 8 different pencillers have worked on the Ongoing.

12. RabidWolfe

RabidWolfe Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 1999
    Amen and Hallelujah!

Anyway - also - stop claiming that ALL of SW Tales are non-continuity - it's sloppy work to say that since some obvioulsy fit and others obvioulsy do not fit. To claim that every SW tales story is just non-official is to make the comic nearly worthless - why read stories that have no impact on SW as a whole?

I like DL's Gronk icon idea - the we could easily mark which tales were official and which weren't.

#1 was the ultimate suggestion. If high school kids and colelge grad students (like me) can spend there spare time figuring out the continuity and finding holes and patch ups - we should expect better from those who are paid to make sure it all fits.

And the Marvel reprints should also go through.

13. Jades Fire

Jades Fire Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1998
    12: Stop portraying Mara Jade and other female characters as scantily clad, buxom women with totally out of proportion features with legs 5 feet long, a 2 inch waist and a DDDD cup. Don't pander to the lowest common denominator.

14. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    I dont believe that is a common problem, Jades... only tim I recall seeing Mra scantily clad, and in fact nekkid, is on the job when it was part of her uniform and in DFR to illustrate her lack of inhibitions.

15. Bogga

Bogga Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Wow, really? The art teams behind Infinity's End and Last Stand On Ord Mantel can't possibly be completely the same. They look completely different.

Well, after checking I see that you are absolutely correct. Then I'll revise my statement and simply say that I like the Ord Mantel style much better. I can't get enough of those vibrant colors and clean sketches.

Here's a simple idea for a mini series. I recall reading that Mace Windu and Plo Koon (I think) fought side by side in the Hyperspace Wars. It'd be really cool to see this story told in a nice 6 issue format.

16. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    Hyperspace Wars weren't something else?
    I thought that was the war that Xim the Despot was defeated in, before the founding of the Republic.

17. anyueman

anyueman Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2000
    The Official Site explained that one away easily DL: there was more than one set of "Hyperspace Wars." No-brainer.

18. Ooryl Qyrgg

Ooryl Qyrgg Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2000
    I cant say the NJO comics are a good idea.

If this were to happen, I'd have to go and buy them, so I knew the story, which doesnt agree with my budget.

19. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    Cop-out anyueman.
    dumb cop-out.

Anyone else have any good ideas?

20. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    12: Rebel Opposition trade paperback

13: bring back Chris Gossett for some random series.

21. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    That dark horse starts using the resource books that they can easily get access to lfl has all of them archived, and start following continuaty without making big errors. I agree with number 1.

22. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    Valiento... see number 1.

23. Darth Pikachuwbacca

Darth Pikachuwbacca Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2000
    I agree.... NOTHING should be screwed up in the continuity. (Unless a movie does it!)

I mean, they do have access to all those source books. Maybe Dave Land isn't a big enough fan? :p
    And if that's too much trouble, come here and we can set you straight. It's not like we would lie to have them screw things up.

24. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    I agree, definitely no messing with continuity unless it's in a farce or other clearly-denoted tale.

Also, I would like to see more attention paid to accuracy in terms of art. The characters that were in the EU first often look absurdly different than the way they were described in the books.

An NJO story would be excellent, even just a one-shot...

Rebel Opposition TPB!!!

25. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    I sense dissatisfaction, so up...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.