Things I learned at DragonCon 2003

Discussion in 'Indianapolis, IN' started by Boba_Binks, Sep 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boba_Binks Jedi Master

star 4
    - Goth Chicks Rule!

- No matter what you are dreesed up as, everyone will like you.

- If you are a LARGE person this is the only place you are allowed to wear tight fitting clothes and not get yelled at in public.

- People who paint their bodies and walk around shirtless are cool! [homersimpson] AHHHHHHH DRoooooollllll[/homersimpson]

- People dig the Armor when you are in groups.

- Clothes! People do not wear clothes out in public at night and it is ok.

- The Free Bottle Water ******* SUCKS!

- When it comes to dancing fountains and you run through them you are an amateur compared to the kids.

- Don't make eye contact with the crazy drunks, or you will die!

- Freaks are everywhere and it is nice to be with one's own kind.

- When you are the wingman for Bloodfin and a member tries to return the favor, TAKE IT (NEXT TIME)! The regreat of not trying to meet someone new sucks! Especially when they look good and walk around half naked with blue paint all over their body.

- When in doubt ask Math-Man, for he is always wrong in his matamatical ways.

- A phrase that will become often said "Look at That!"
    -or-
    SWEEEEETTTTT I got to have my picture taken with her, him, or it!

- Scavage Hunts are cool in certain ways.

- When a hot looking female has an adam's apple it is a DUDE!

- Originallity counts! But I will not reveal my ideas here for someone might take them.

- Rednecks.

- Ignor the bums, all they want is free cheap beer.

- Luminara (Mary O.) was in out hotel and Noval and I got to mingle with her and her agent.

- You are allowed to go Freakin' nunts!

- Do not believe the stupid old lady behind the counter of BP when she says the next exit sells beer.

- Sleep! What the hell is sleep.

Little Kids who look like Harry Potter get screwed over and insulted.

- Taking pictures, taking pictures, taking pictures, taking pictures, taking pictures, taking pictures, taking pictures, taking pictures, taking pictures, Was what I did for many hours in a row and it was so worth it. I hope!

- Hey! Chicken sounds good! "Fired to Perfection.

- Another Phrase that becomes common "I need another beer."

- DO NOT! DO NOT! Go to the Chineese restaurant down the block from the Days Inn. For they DO NOT SERVE YOUR KIND HERE!

- The lady behind the counter at the Days Inn said she loves my eyes. I like to have compliments every now and then.

- Flea Markets everywhere!

- Atlanta architecture is so dam cool!

- you have perty lips, over. Screwing around with the minds of others on walkie talkies.

- Butterfly Goth Chicks have nice bodies.

- Fear the BALR.O.G.

- Even Jedi have the DOWNS.

- No soup for you! AHHHHHHHH`HAAAAAAAA` Yeah whatever, SLAP!

- Prowse's agent wa a dirty old man.

- You can change a person's habbits. YO!

- Math-Man has his trusty sidekick Cheatsheet can give you hours of entertaining fun!

- There's Straights, Gays, Transvestites OH MY!

- ** I had not one picture taken of me while at DragonCon since I was the one taking all the pictures.

- When someone is dressed up as the Goblin King from the Labyrinth movie he does not like to be called David Bowie.

- ...and what do you say Math-Man!?!

There are many other things to post but I will let others add to this list.

Want to be all freaky and have fun for most hours of the day or night this is the place to be. Next year I am definitely going back. I will be all freaky. I only wish I knew what DragonCon was before I went or I would of brought some other clothes and things.
  2. Math_Man Jedi Padawan

I am Math_Man!

And I say this...

*Adds some numbers*

Dragoncon = Fun

Oh and 2+2 =

Come Cheat_Sheet our work here is complete...now we must go back to fighting math misuse and combat the evil of The_Red_Pen!

Come Cheat_Sheet let us AWAY! *woosh*

[Cheat_Sheet] Woof [Cheat_Sheet]
  3. Cheat_Sheet Jedi Padawan

4. EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Master

star 4
    Quick, Math Man! To the Sock Playground! I fear there is someone in terrible need of your super powers! (and your little dog, too!) lol
  5. Incom4 Jedi Master

star 4
    One thing I learned is the Bobby needs to take the wrist strap off his camera.

Its in more pictures than Binks
  6. The_Red_Pen Jedi Padawan

If it wasn't for that cursed Math_Man I wouldn't have to make so many red X 's everywhere.

He doesn't have a friggin' clue!

2+2 = 5 X

Wrong yet again Math_Man!
  7. DarthAcroyear Jedi Master

star 1
    Socks, socks, everywhere and not a one for Ccabas. ;)
  8. Boba_Binks Jedi Master

star 4
    Sad isn't it!?! That a camera strap is in more pictures than me. I had 0. :(

Oh well. Next time.

Other things learned!!

- The Yeti was found.

- Good Music by Cruxshadows

- The mall suxs!

- The little girl who would not let us downstairs let all the power go to her little brain. I am surprised that people just did not just shove her over and go around.

- Stupid Ka-Plah! guy at the door was not paying attention.

- I want to go back and be with my kind! :)

- Goth... Gotta love the Goth!

- DragonCon... yes there were Dragons there!

Come on people who went, add to the list.
  9. DarthAcroyear Jedi Master

star 1
    Was the music of Cruxshadows really pretty good? I couldn't tell from the pictures. ;)
  10. Incom4 Jedi Master

star 4
    We would Binks but you have already put most of the stuff up. :)

The stuff we can tell that is
  11. Boba_Binks Jedi Master

star 4
    Cruxshadows is great. I saw them last month here in Indy at one of the clubs.

Oh yeah the no no stuff cannot be posted here. :)
  12. JediKitty Jedi Master

star 1
    Binks!
    You were there? Darn, darn, and darn again. I didn't know any other IndyKnights were going. :(
    It was primarily a business trip for us, but I did a few Rebel Legion activities, and saw the SW Costume Contest. (Shirtless Maul, LOL)

1)The Marvel costumes were outstanding. Angel, Black Cat, Nick Fury, Wolverine, Black Widow, and more Spider-folk than one could shake a stick at.
    2) Lou Ferrigno is still amazing!!! And does not look 50 at all.
    3) Mary Oyaya is *tiny*! She looks so much younger than she did as Luminara. Wonder what she thought of the two Luminarae (?) there?
    4)Too many cool things to buy and see.
    5)Too many panels that sounded like fun.
    6)Anything was possible, as long as no laws were violated: a friend was invited to High Tea given by a Victorian group, and two WWI German officers entertained the RL/501st with a tapdance as we mustered for our group photo.
    Robots, and faeries, and punks, oh my!
  13. Boba_Binks Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey JediKitty! Longitme!
    Yeah I was there as so was Incom4, Thraken, TK-616, Noval, and our doctor friend Alex. We went down together.
    We already decided that we will be going back next year for the full four days! I am already counting down the days. I will be in better shape by then and I will be a freaky! :) I just like to be with people who I can connect with; Goths, Freakies, and more. I felt at home.
    While down there I Got invited to a "special" party. If you saw the Blue Angel.... I just loved it! ;) I declined but now I wish I did not. It would of been a fantastic time!
    Oh well, maybe next time.

Anyways I had a blast! The costumes were just outstanding. I liked the Shirtless Darth Maul. He was a person who could pull it off well.

I really, really, really liked the Blue Angel. drooooool!!
  14. JediKitty Jedi Master

star 1
    Does anyone happen to know if CNN showed any of the DCon parade? It was fun, except for hearing that a crazed cabbie nearly hit parade master Nichelle Nichols' car....

We came in late Friday and had to leave late afternoon Sunday. No masquerade. :( But our cats missed us terribly, and were glad to see us back earlier.
    Here's hoping for next year...maybe 3 or even 4 full days?
    (BTW, did you see the booth in the Mariott (I think-it was a long weekend!) that looked like part of a spaceship, running a movie preview on a monitor in the back wall? That's where we were)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.