main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Things in TPM you thought would come back

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by WhiskeyGold, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    I take it you didn't see the tracks's title before you saw the movie?

2. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Losing Naboo would upset Neimodians (get them arrested, at least) - who, as you remember, were Darth Sidious's alllies. Of course, in the end The Trade Federation wasn't brought to justice - thanks to Palpatine, I'm sure, but still, why not kill two birds with one stone?

3. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    Yeah, I was too little to look up stuff like that on the internet. I just saw the film with my family.

I had a feeling Qui-Gon was going to die in that part though because of the music in that scene...very chilly and spooky. I closed my eyes during that part.

Its interesting to me how my recollection of TPM are slightly different from the final film, like the images I have in my mind are slightly different in the actual film. My only memories of TPM in theater are

1) The laser doors in the Duel of the fates. But the image of my mind is not the same laser door. Its like a red metal door.

2) Darth Maul being cut in half, but when he fell his body twisted in a clockwise movement around the shaft.

I suppose I probably fell asleep during the film.

I have no memory of watching AOTC in the theaters. I know I did see it, and I remember the tv spots for it...but I don't remember how I felt when I watched it.

I only truly appreciated ROTS, which I saw multiple times in theaters. I was old enough to appreciate the depth of star wars by this time.

4. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    It turned up in ROTS during Padme's funeral- they put it in her hands, you can see it during the funeral procession.

Other than that, I've got nothin'.:p

5. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Yeah, the soundtrack really was full of spoilers. "Anakin wins the race" "Qui-Gon dies" "His mother dies in the next one"

6. Glymphid_Warlord

Glymphid_Warlord Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 10, 2008
    I thought Darth Maul would come back. And he did! [face_dancing]

7. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    About Padmé's necklace: Did anyone here pay attention to the beginning of ROTS, where Padmé wears said necklace and Anakin touches it while saying "I remember when I gave this to you"?
    There's way too much focus on morbid things like images of dead, seemingly pregnant women on these boards :p

I thought that Obi-Wan would be using Qui-Gon's lightsaber in AOTC - and at some point lose it, so that he'd have to build the one he has in ANH.

Necklaces - they are given
    /LM

8. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    :confused:

9. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Same here.

10. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Qui Gon Jinn's ghost.

11. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    Qui-Gon's Force ghost, Anakin freeing the slaves including his mother, the japor snippet (in AOTC), Obi-Wan using Qui-Gon's lightsaber, Sebulba, some of the ships, and Panaka.

I think another good thread would be, "things in AOTC you thought would come back".

Joke.

12. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Kitster.

/LM

13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    A return of Kitster in AOTC would have been so wizard.

14. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    Maybe in the 4D 20th anniversary extended version of AOTC.

15. kenobifan1999

kenobifan1999 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    anakin talks with her about it in ROTS. right after his nightmare...plus its at her funeral too

16. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I thought Anakin would make good on his word to come back and free the Tatooine slaves.

17. FirstStarWars

FirstStarWars Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    Does he not want Padme to returnt o Naboo at the end? Or just doesnt care. When Padme tells him (Palptaine) she is going back he just says "no dont go" or something, he doesnt seem to really try hard to talk her out of it. I think he thought, I will let her go, kill her with the rest and be done with her

18. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    I kind of wish we had seen Qui-Gon's lightsaber again, but I've made up my own pet theory about it:

Given that Qui-Gon was Obi-Wan's beloved Master, it seems to me that he would have kept his lightsaber with him everywhere in memory of his Master (or perhaps the crystal at least). It's probably one of the few things he takes into hiding with him.

So...when Luke builds his new lightsaber in ROTJ, he uses a lightsaber crystal he finds in Obi-Wan's old hut. I doubt Luke would be able to access any sort of mine for crystals (Palpatine would likely have made it a priority for the Empire to control these), so Luke would have used Qui-Gon's crystal. Which I think brings the story full circle very nicely.

Of course, there's not a shred of real evidence for this in the films, but I like to think that circumstances make it a likely possibility.

jackg1 and Force Smuggler like this.
  19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I would have liked to see a ship that was used in all the movies. Like the X-Wing in the originals. The Naboo starfighter was pretty cool but Anakin and Obi-Wan's starfighter in ROTS was better. The ship in AOTC did nothing for me. I'm not surprised we never got to see Anakin freeing the Slaves though I thought that would be cool to see. Maybe freeing Kitster and friends.
    Podracing. Why not?

20. kenobifan1999

Sep 3, 2012
    well podracing is supposed to return in star wars:underworld

Force Smuggler likes this.
  21. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I hope so. That was great fun watching it

22. kenobifan1999

Sep 3, 2012
    Defiantly. Pod racing was beast!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  23. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I halfway hoped Kitster was going to wind up being Boba Fett. :p There's a certain logic to it-Kitster would be about twenty when the Clone Wars start, and that's certainly old enough for an adult Boba Fett to show up in the rest of the saga. He'd just be Vader's age.

24. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    That is a great idea. So unexpected

DarthBoba likes this.
  25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    A return of Kitster as Boba Fett would be even more wizard. :p

Zeta1127 and DarthBoba like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.