main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Things Star Wars fans can no longer do normally...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sithman, May 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    "Howsabout walking thru automatic doors while giving them a little "Force push" a la Qui-Gon Jinn?"

I ALWAYS DO THAT!

I believe I say Obi-wan's "You must understand this!" in a British accent all the time.

Also, for a short time after AOTC, whenever I played any sport involving a racket (raquetball, pickleball, badminton) I had to use two rackets, ala Anakin against Dooku.

I have told everyone I know that I am their father, and they always reply "NOOOO!"

Also, anything the right length automatically becomes a Lightsaber.

For a short period of time, I called everybody "my young apprentice" in that really scratchy Emperor Palpatine voice, and still do occasionally.

Man, I really am a nerd

2. Padawn_JB

Padawn_JB Jedi Master star 3

Mar 16, 2002
    Some times, both me and one of my friends, have been known to yell "Hurry up Golden Rod! Or you're gonna be a perment resident!"

What I do, Is I insert that person's name. Only the real SW fans get it when I'm say, running down the hall to lunch and yelling it at the top of my lungs. They just wave and smile as I run bye.

In my old school-middle school- there's this stair ramp. And when I'm running late somewhere, and My friends are ahead. I'll do a Obi-Wan slid stop at the bottom then run going, "Wait! Wait for me!" When I slow down, I shake my head at them and go "How tipical!" It drives them CRAZY!

3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Holy.... this thread is still alive! :D

I love reading through this and seeing how everyone else is just ask geeky as me. :D

4. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    When someone is whining to me about something, I like to say...

"Perhaps you think you are being treated unfairly."

[face_devil]

5. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    This will probably sound silly, but when I locked the house up at night, I would tell my kids, "I'm turning the power down now." That was their clue to go to sleep!

I also drive my co-workers nuts using lines from the movies. Since most of them have not seen SW, it's even funnier to me.

Lady S.

6. niu354

niu354 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    I cannot watch a fan without going right up to it and yelling..

"LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I AMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM YOURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTHHHHHHHHERRRRRRRRRR."

7. EruIluvatar

EruIluvatar Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2002
    Actually, I don't Force push automatic doors. I walk through them with my hands held out like I'm Jesus...and then I'll just stand there and look peaceful for a second or two and keep going.

I mean, come on. The doors open FOR you. Like you're Jesus.

8. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    We've got a new TV, and the remote is silver and just about the length of a lightsaber handle....need I say more?
    I am the only person in my entire school who can do a convincing Darth Vader impression.
    And when my friend moans, I say "Question not the ways of the force my young padawan!"
    Man that annoys her! :p

9. Kyia_Kenobi

Kyia_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2002
    I can't see a Ewan, Liam or SLJ movie without thinking there gonna produce a lightsaber and save the day. When I saw The Haunting after TPM I really peved all my nonsw friends off by going "It's okay, he'll get the girl down he's got his lightsaber, as long as darth maul doesn't appear from the fountain we'll all be fine"

And ofcourse they also try and keep me away from torches, brooms etc.....but I have tricked them all and bought my own real lightsaber!!!!!!

10. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    It's changed my reputation at school...

I used to be the quiet one...

now I'm everyone's Padre! :D

I go up to everyone (whether I know them or not) and say "¡Soy tu Padre!" :D

(I am your father in Spanish, lol :D )

I always have the urge to quote everything from Star Wars in my everyday life! lol!

God bless!

<3-Moose

PS- LOL NIU!!! :D That movie's awesome!

11. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Quoting Star Wars lines is becoming an increasingly alarming problem. And then I have little Star Wars related tricks for studying for stuff at school.... And all these other weird things. I am SUCH a geek! ;)

12. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    lol! :D

So am I!

I go to a geek school (that's what our town has deemed it) and people looked at me so weird when I dressed up as Princess Leia the day after I saw AOTC at midnight...

;)

(this is true...I had the buns, the white outfit...everything... :D )

LOL! :D

13. bjork_109

bjork_109 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2002
    *Lol* Whenever someone asks me a question I reply, "Possibly." in my best Obi-Wan voice and imagine myself talking to Jango Fett.

During morning annoucnments at school I can't help but imagine all the kids as Rebels during Empire Strikes Back after the first transports have left...He he.

One day I was stareing into space during math until my teacher said: "...Yes he's like the Yoda of math." Instantly I snapped to attention...*Lol* That said I never pay attention in math I just day dream about my Star Wars fan fiction... ;)

I can't walk by a mirror without stopping, putting on a serious face and saying: "I will not condone a course of action that will lead us to war." in my best Queen Amidala voice.

Whenever nobody believes what I say or do it's: "I find your lack of faith disturbing."

I can't walk into my Language Arts room without my teacher questioning how my Star Wars fan fic is going, or what Star Wars movie she should watch with her husband, or what happened in this movie etc. etc. Actaully she's quite a cool teacher. :)

Whenever I want to seriously tick off my mom I'll end the conversation with: "May the Force be with you!" She'll then glare and me and mummble something about me being a geek...

And of course there's every pole/stick a lightsaber and checking out every bit of Star Wars merchindise the world has to offer...even if I don't have the money...

Um...yes that about sums it up. Lol.

-Bjork, ;)

14. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I can never have any day without qouting my favorite SW characters.

15. lumberjedi

lumberjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2002
    I annoy my friends by saying, "I find your lack of faith disturbing" in French. then I force choke them [face_plain]

All you need is love!

16. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    I can't say "impressive" without trying to sound like Darth Vader.

I work hard on not saying the word "try" for fear that someone will throw back at me the "do or do not" line.

17. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I now cannot do a science diagram of the Earth without adding features like Bespin, the Death Star, a Sith Infiltrator, stuff like that. I suppose it gives the teacher something else to look at!

18. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Everything!

One of my friends and I try to re-write every song we hear and like to incorporate it into "Star Wars the Musical".

We use "Yub yub" as a standard greeting.

Every third thing we say to each other is a SW quote. It's so easy, especially when you throw the EU in.

19. darth_zam

darth_zam Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2002
    I've scared my gym teacher several times with my trademark Nute Gunray voice.
    "She can't do that! Shoot her....or something!"
    I can no longer do warm-ups in dance without trying to "make the force flow through me". My dance teacher thinks I'm crazy.

I came to school the day after I saw aotc for the first time crying:
    "What's wrong?"
    "Zam Wesell's dead!!!!"
    "Who?"
    *Gasps and falls to floor a la Needa*

20. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Whenever I've driving with my brother in his car (he doesn't have power locks) and we are about to get out of the car, he says, "Lock the door" to which I always follow with, "And hope they don't have blasters."

:D

21. Bjork

Bjork Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2002
    Today I was looking at a cell in Science class and I had to stop and ask my teacher were the Midiclorians where... ;)

-Bjork.

22. recklessabandon

recklessabandon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2002
    I also do the Force push thing with automatic doors and pretend I'm swinging a lightsaber when I hold a broom. Most of my friends think I'm such a dork because I quote Star Wars all of the time. Like today in Science, me and my friends were joking about how near-sighted our teacher is. Then I go and say "Where did the school district dig up that old fossil?" like Han. They didn't know it was Star Wars, but they laughed anyway. :D

23. WarmasterDan

WarmasterDan Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 3, 2002
    I cant read non-Star Wars books for more than a hour before I get board and start reading a Star wars book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.