main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Things Star Wars fans can no longer do normally...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sithman, May 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Ace-

-Ace- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2002
    Whenever someone implies that something is my fault I say, "It's not my fault. It's not my fault." Just like Lando in ESB.

2. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Live so-called "normal" lives!!! :D

3. ChancellorGoauld

ChancellorGoauld Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    when I go to the shops I use my jedi powers to open the automatic glass doors like obi-wan did on kamino.

4. Jedi_Mara

Jedi_Mara Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2001
    lol Chancellor, i do that too.

umm....( ok heres a real idiot for you )
    when i turn on/off the tv with the remote, i imagine its my jedi force abilities doing it.

5. supernova73

supernova73 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    Try driving through falling snow, much more like making the jump.

6. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    When my class studied MacBeth I sat there thinking "You know, if only MacBeth had Yoda to tell him the Dark Side was not stronger, only quicker, easier, more seductive."

Go a day without Yoda-speak, I cannot.

I try to use the Force to grab tennis balls when I hit them out of the court.

I pretend to use the Force when I walk through an automatic door... Then my sister hits me because she is an unbeliever.

7. bitterted

bitterted Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2002
    I've recently begun taking to calling my kids younglings. My wife HATES when I use Star Wars quotes.

8. onehalfofdarthmaul

onehalfofdarthmaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    When i meet someone new or i meet up with a freind and they go to shake my hand i say..

"Han Solo captain of the Millenuim Falcon"

9. obi-wannabe_1138

obi-wannabe_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2002
    Hee hee. Lessee....... I have this awful, humiliating habit of mixing up lifesavers the candy with "lightsabers."
    After reading tons of Star Wars stuff I can totally imagine feeling the Force (of course having an audio visual physical imagination helps too.)
    Like to practice my Jedi mind trick. (flails hand around.) You don't need to see my homework.

10. Padawn_JB

Padawn_JB Jedi Master star 3

Mar 16, 2002
    I always use quotes when giving people advice.

I also tryed to do the Jedi Mink trick once on one of my friends. I waved my hand and said "You will give me money to buy food." He waved his hand and went "No I will not!"

11. poweranger

poweranger Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2002
    the weather always reminds me of the planets...
    heat for tatooine, cold for hoth, fog/outdoors after its stopped raining for dagobah

now there's kamino for downpours;

- wave your hand to open an automatic door if you havent tried it yet

- flashlights are lightsabers

- driving thru tunnels is hyperspace, using expressways with high walls is the bombing run from the first death star

12. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    I can no longer walk through automatic doors without doing the force open thing.

Any rod/meterstick/dowel becomes a lightsaber in my hand (complete with sound effects)

Sometimes I will try to use force pull to get objects out of reach.

And one that hasn't been mentioned yet:

Whenever I walk down an aisle of people (like in a movie theater or between two lines of people), I start walking like Vader, hands behind the back and everything, while either mentally or physically humming Imperial March.

13. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    Ive convinced my little 3 year old brother that hes an ewok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Padawn_JB

Mar 16, 2002
    Once, I was at school and I was walking around the classroom like Vader before class thinking. But I was humming the Imperial march. One of my friends comes in and goes.

"Being Darth Vader today?" I just nodded and started to hum again.

15. yoda4982

yoda4982 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    I have to talk like yoda at least 5 time a day, do the force open doors thing, oh and i always wine when my mom ask me to do something, "But i was going to tashie station to pick up some power converters" She hates it with a passion. lightsaber, anything can be a lightsaber, i try and use every quote i can remeber in every day speech. and the vader thing, all the time, "i love to say 'all to easy' who doesn't well that all i can think of.

Yoda

16. robfett

robfett Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2002
    Alot of time when I'm walking in the deep snow (which happens alot in MN) alot of times I turn around expecting to find my Taun-taun with me. Or even the ghost of Ben

17. robfett

robfett Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2002
    Oh and sometimes when my brother and I are raking I'll just go "pszewwww" and he'll do the same thing and before you know it we're battling it out with rakes in the front yard.

Anothing is I actually do the "Force-opens-the-door" thing on elevators. Although it's risky because a person could be on the other side and then when the doors open they see you doing it, and it's happned to me before.

18. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    I pitched a tent with a toy Ewok strapped to my back yesterday.

19. YodaJediMaster12

YodaJediMaster12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 26, 2002
    This has got to be the best thread ever!

Anyways, for what I can no longer do normally...

Whenever I look outside and see ominous looking clouds approaching, I always start humming the Emperor's Theme.

When I was out driving the other day and almost hit a squirrel, I said to myself "That was too close!"

I always use SW lines in everyday life, especially when giving advice. (just too many examples to mention :) )

Everything turns into a lightsaber or blaster in my hands, and yes, I definitely force push automatic doors.

Whenever I am on the internet and a page is loading, I find myself using waving my hand around like I am "some kind of Jedi or something" to try and get the page loaded faster.

There are so many other things I can't normally do now because of SW that I simply cannot think of now :(

Oh! And talk like Yoda I do!

Even when mean to I do not :( ... ;)

20. jango_joe

jango_joe Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2002
    at school we have our morning aunnouncements(sp) over the tv and it is my job to switch from camera to camera. and to do this the is a toggle i have to push up or down, so every day i thought i was han solo going in or out of hyperspace. once i evn made a sound effect and it went on air opps

21. Padawn_JB

Mar 16, 2002
    I say 'all too easy' alot too. Also, one time we were doing projects in science, and one of my friends had this cool one. So what do I do? I lower my voice and go 'Impressive'. One of my guy friends next to me looked at me and goes, "Stop saying Star Wars lines!" LOL...

22. Courteney_Rox

Courteney_Rox Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2002
    I have a polished wooden floor in my lounge, and a stone one in my kitchen. Often, when I'm rushing between the two, I'll skid to an emergency halt much like Obi-Wan in the Theed hangar power reactor corridor thingy in TPM.

23. shocktrooper

shocktrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    Well I can't help but say "MOVE ALONG, MOVE ALONG" to my daughter when she straggling behind while shopping.

I also Hand jesture to automatic doors, sometimes when approaching them I'm saying "Open the Blast doors, Open the Blast doors and I tend to stare out of windows for no apparent reason with my hands behind my back.

I also yawn like Vader is breathing and often say to my wife when she's wrong "apology accepted captain Needa"

I also try the Jedi mind trick on her which usually results in and I quote "You Idiot"

I also can't watch the movies without adding sounds and the lines (I MUST STOP THIS)

I can't go shopping without searching every toy section.
    Nor can I go to bed before 2am to post here or without visiting my usual SW sites.

I also use the force to change traffic lights. And If my wife says or does something nasty to me something bad usually happens to her like she trips or something, my sister also thinks I am in league with the devil since she saw me walk up to a fire place my hand over it only to see the flames leap up not once but twice.( she was pretty spun out by it )

But other then that I lead a perfectly normal life.

24. shocktrooper

shocktrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    ohh yes
    I also use the force to change traffic lights.

:)

25. yoda4982

yoda4982 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    My friend bet $500, that i could quote Star Wars, all the movie word for word. When i won i took him to see AOTC, and bought about $5oo worth of sw stuff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.