main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Things that would make you squee if they turned up in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    It'll be interesting to see actually if the cadre of cronies and hangers-on close to Palpatine go through a period of cut-throatery and backstabbing where they murder and assassinate eachother while jockeying for power and influence. All while Palps himself sits back and laughs at them.

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    As RoTJ novel puts it:

Emperor. It had a certain ring to it. The Republic had crumbled, the Empire was resplendent with its own fires, and would always be so—for the Emperor knew what others refused to believe: the dark forces were the strongest.
    He’d known this all along, in his heart of hearts—but relearned it every day: from traitorous lieutenants who betrayed their superiors for favors; from weak-principled functionaries who gave him the secrets of local star systems’ governments; from greedy landlords, and sadistic gangsters, and power-hungry politicians. No one was immune, they all craved the dark energy at their core. The Emperor had simply recognized this truth, and utilized it—for his own aggrandizement, of course.
    For his soul was the black center of the Empire.

3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Mace Windu

cwustudent likes this.
  4. Oswald1901

Oswald1901 Jedi Padawan

Oct 7, 2013
    I'd like to see some closure for Barris's arc.
    Plus, I would squee very much for Potato Wedge.

5. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    [​IMG]

He did promise to find his way back. What if, in doing so, he discovered the Republic had turned into the Empire and decided to join the Rebels. It would be cliché given his final fate in the episode, but maybe sacrificing himself for the young rebels, to ensure the completion of the mission yet again.

ScorpionJedi and Circular Logic like this.
  6. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    A central over-arching plot with just a little more direction than TCW's. [face_praying]

But in terms of little things like characters/locations... I think a cameo from Mama the Hutt would have me in stitches from the sheer absurdity of it. Maybe a little nod to Rex, that would make me fairly happy as well.

cwustudent, TX-20 and Paparazzo like this.
  7. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    I want to see Darth Vader strangle a Jedi like homer does bart

8. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe it's just me, but I can't really see that considering how intensely devoted Gregor was. This is a guy who went from total amnesia and a life completely independent from the Republic and military service, to immediately being one hundred percent willing to fight and die for the vague notion of a half-remembered Republic when he was told who he really was. He wasn't even all the way back mentally speaking when he pretty willingly "died" in Missing in Action. I don't think that were he to survive and make a return to Imperial space, he'd make much of a distinction between Republic and Empire simply because of a label change. I mean, sure, he could pull an Able and decide that the Empire is a betrayal of the Republic due to his time away during the transition, but just going by what they've done to establish his character, I'm pretty sure he'd be a loyal Imperial Commando.

As a minor side note, I really, really don't want to see Gregor turn up alive later. The level of injuries Fi incurred while wearing commando armor just from the building he was in getting shelled should absolutely preclude Gregor's survival from a much larger in magnitude and far more direct blast that all but consumed him. He really needs to be dead and stay dead.

9. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Fair enough, I suppose, but the whole Able thing was what I was assuming–what memories Gregor had of the Republic would be extremely at odds with the Empire he finds. I do understand what you mean about him being extremely loyal, and maybe you're right, but if I were an amnesiac soldier and my government had turned from a republic to an extremist empire overnight, I think I'd be having second thoughts, no matter how loyal I was.

Okay, so you're right, Fi was injured by a lot less than what Gregor took on. I guess I didn't think about that. I'm comfortable keeping him dead considering the honorable way he went out, but Dave Filoni did say he inserted the "I'll find my way back" line simply because he wanted Gregor to return. With TCW's end I guess he's perma-dead now, but at least he went out like a hero.

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. anotherdemon

anotherdemon Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 29, 2013
    Mon Cal star cruisers

An Imperial fortress world

11. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    Wait a minute... this isn't the Republic...

12. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Nuanced characterisation. I weary of all this supposed black/white nonsense. Gilad or Thrawn. I really would like to see them become 'cannon' characters.

TKT, kecen, Mzukiller and 1 other person like this.
  13. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Boba Fett being cool, but not in a tryhard way.

TKT and cwustudent like this.
  14. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    I'd like to see Boba kill off a bunch of Jedi Masters who are standing around waiting for him with their lightsabers out, by just flying overhead and dropping a seismic charge (remember those?) on them from Slave 1. Why engage them on their own terms and die when you can fight asymmetrically and win?

15. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Because why not? :p
    [​IMG]

Okay, this is probably rather over-the-top, but I do like the idea that Fett is willing to fight asymmetrically to defeat his opponents.

16. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    I definitely want to see an atmospheric battle between multiple ISD's and MC-line ships.

17. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    If we see the formation of the Rebel Alliance without Starkiller.

18. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Meh. Atmospheric battles are cliche, stylized, overdone...

Big fully-realized fully 3D space battles are where it's at. Something Star Wars has never really given us. The battle of Endor and the battle of Coruscant came closest, but they still mosly played out like a 2D surface battle transplanted into space. Mostly.

A big epic and fully three dimensional ship-to-ship fleet engagement would be the best battle in the history of Star Wars if they would actually give us it, actually do it right.

19. CommanderDrenn

Oct 19, 2013
    But I my favorite battles are the ones that are overdone. Big explosions, dozens of capital ships, squadrons of fighters..... Then again, I also like having a lair of plot to battles, such as a dramatic scene on a ship flying through the battle, or a dogfight.

Iron_lord likes this.
  20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I like a well-done epic battle myself, but too many explosions and it starts to look like Michael Bay got involved in Star Wars.

But bring the large number of ships and the dogfights; I could see some of the major battles of the NJO, or something like them, playing out well on screen.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  21. CommanderDrenn

Oct 19, 2013
    Imperial support ships: Tartan Cruiser, Victory Star Destroyer, Acclamator, etc.

Also some Rebel ships would be excellent.

22. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Some clone troopers who join the Rebellion. Some distrust and friction between them and their fellow Rebels. Especially if there's already some Jedi among the Rebels.

Contessa likes this.
  23. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    I just don't see realistic three-dimensional space combat as a Star Wars thing. It lacks the romance of the planar style, with the big naval ships and small dogfights going on.

24. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    And without Ahsoka or Lux.
    And the golden trio - Mothma, Organa & bel Iblis - have to be there.

25. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    This guy:

[​IMG]

and this guy(as a Stormtrooper turned Rebel):

[​IMG]

and this girl:

[​IMG]

Rogue Squadron would be nice too!