1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Sydney (19th-21st June), Perth (26th-28th April)

Oz Comic Con: Melbourne (27th-28th June), Brisbane (19th-20th September)

FF:NZ things to do in NZ

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by IG_88a, May 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IG_88a Jedi Master

star 4
    Its been about 6 years since i have visited NZ, i will making a trip there in June, and want to know if there is anything worth going to see or do, i will be staying in Wellington close to the city. the main purpose of my visit is to visit my grandfather, but during the time that i won't spend with him, my cousin and I require something to keep us busy, any suggestions?
  2. SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Knight

star 3
    what do you like doing?

Wellington is a cool city for "hanging out" ... there are loads of good places for food & coffee, and the CBD is pretty cool. There is Te Papa, The Museum of New Zealand, which is really fantastic. Allow at least a day to go through it. The scenery nearby is also pretty nice ... if you've got a car take a drive around Oriental Parade. It's one of the nicest waterfront drives I've done, especially on a clear sunny day.

Take the ferry to Picton for a day.

Dunno what else, but I'm sure yo'll find ways to amuse yourself. It's a nice city.
  3. Darth_Graal Jedi Master

star 4
    The Zoo is good, the art museums are great, wellington is a fun place to hang as lawrence said.
    Te Papa rocks, allow a full day or maybe 2 half days to see it, they are also adding more sand to oriental bay (several million dollars worth) so you can chill out on the "beach"
  4. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    If you've seen and liked Lord of the Rings, there is a book worth only a few dollars "The Location Guide" - it has places to see and things to do LOTR orientated and not. Has places to eat etc too.

If you're still reading this thread - please post some of your interests and people will be able to help you in those fields with things that may interest you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.