main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Things we DONT know

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ord'ika, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Ord'ika

Ord'ika Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2015
    There seems to be a lot of rampant speculation, and a lot of people talking in absolutes about things that are very much still up in the air, so I thought it might be a good exercise to open a thread to remind everyone/list everything that we notice people stating as fact, when really it is very much up in the air at this point.

My one to contribute -
    We don't know how much of the Jedi code Luke was instructed to/chose to re-instate when he started training. So all of you saying it would be "impossible" for him to have a wife/child, or equating it to a plot hole, there is nothing in-universe to base that on.

Storm_Cloud, Dameron and SkywalkerOG like this.
  2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    How did Phasma escape the trash compactor?:cool:

3. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    Has Ben Solo ever seen or wielded the "Skywalker saber"? Felt like he knew exactly what it was so how long has Maz had it?

4. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

Good question. It's an Excalibur moment. In the novelization, Rey's ability to call the lightsaber to her and Ren's inability to take it force him to whisper, "It's you." As to how he knew what it was, that's a good question. At first, I thought he merely sensed it through the memories imprinted on the saber. But now I don't know. Perhaps it was he and/or Snoke who obtained the lightsaber on the black market or something and they somehow lost it and Maz got a hold of it.

5. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Someone finds the blue saber while working in Bespin. Uses it as a way to start bonfires. Knights of Ren are on a search for relics, they recognize and buy the saber. Then Maz steals it.
    I read this somewhere but don't remember when, it seems it was a scraped idea. I have to check my book references to see if I can back this info.

6. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    Where did Snoke come from / appear from????

7. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    WHO ARE REY'S PARENTS???

Seriously. That's THE one question to which I want an answer.

8. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    -Who are Rey's parents and what happened to them?
    -Who left her on Jakku, and why?
    -What connection does she have to Luke, if any?
    -Why does Luke and Anakin's old lightsaber call specifically to her?
    -Who is Snoke, where did he come from, and what is his deal?
    -How did Maz get the Bespin saber?
    -The specifics of Snoke's corruption of Ben?
    -Who are the KOR, and where are they now?
    -Where is Lando and what is he doing now?
    -Why did Luke leave and what has he been doing this whole time?
    -The specifics of Luke's Jedi School and his own "code."
    -The exact timeline leading up to and including the massacre.
    -What's the deal with Rey's dreams of Luke's island and Force visions?
    -Etc.

9. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    This was unofficially answered by fan assumption: We know Kylo had access to Empire records and being the obvious fan of Vader that he is, it's very likely he could have learned about the saber through his quest for knowledge of his grandfather.

Granted, it may be answered another way later but for now it's very plausible.

10. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015

just add -Has Rey had any previous training in the Force?

/Thread

11. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

Good point. Ren and the rest of the First Order seemed to have ample resources and information.

Ricardo Funes and AmySolo like this.
  12. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Who are Rey's parents? Chances of her being a Skywalker, or just someone else altogether?
    Why was she left in a desolate planet like Jakku, as a young child? That's just so inhumane!
    What made Kylo Ren so piqued about Rey? Is it the fact that he knows about her Force sensitivity earlier, i.e. before the events of TFA?
    Who exactly is Snoke, and how is he known to Han + Leia?
    What training will Rey undertake, in order to enhance her Force knowledge, on the road to become a full Jedi?

Sent from MillenniumFalcon AI using Tapatalk

13. Kylo Ren's 8-Pack

Kylo Ren's 8-Pack Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2016
    I would like to see some backstory on Ben Solo / Kylo Ren.
    How did he become the personality we see in 'The Force Awakens'.....?

It would be good to learn more about how he was seduced by the Dark Side...and how Snoke apparently manipulated him.
    Some further insights and even some explanation of past events would enhance an already interesting character.

Kessel89 and Ricardo Funes like this.
  14. Worker11811

Worker11811 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    In addition to Thrawn082's list and the rest:

HOW THE HELL DID HAN SOLO LOSE THE MILLENNIUM FALCON???

Now there's a story for another time.

rumblewagon likes this.
  15. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    They tell us that actually, it was stolen from him. Works for me.

Wildcatbarry and AmySolo like this.
  16. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    A lot of people have mentioned Snoke in terms of his origin, dark side doctrine, what he was doing during Palpatine's reign, his first meeting with the OT crew, etc.

But there's also what he was doing even during just the last few years. I guess the book has Leia being aware of his interest in Ben since her son was small. And per the crawl, the First Order rose in the absence of Luke. So it seems like Snoke was around and active during the time Luke was running his school, but evidently not as this openly evil head of state. Did he have some secret identity? Did he inveigle himself as a new friend of the Big 3, even?

Five-years-ago Snoke is just as mysterious as 50-years-ago Snoke.

Related: Finn's tale of being taken at birth and Hux's mention of dedicating lives to Starkiller Base suggest the First Order or a substantial precursor of it has been around for at least... what, 20 years or so? And SKB could easily have been under construction for a decade or more when Finn was born. It might already have been under construction during ROTJ for all we know. But again, the FO did not "rise" until after Luke left. So who was running the First Order when Finn was born? If it was Snoke, we're right back to Palpatine 2.0, right? Surely they're not going to go with an evil political leader who pretends to be kind and good and who is undetectable to Jedi, right? And without shenanigans, Hux and Phasma were kids when Finn was stolen, so this must all predate them by quite a while, too.

jimmycrank likes this.
  17. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Do moof-milkers know of nerf-herders and vice versa?
    And what experience did Han and Leia have with such people that they feel it's a pretty good insult to refer to someone else as such?
    Somebody has to milk the moofs and somebody has to herd the nerfs. What did these people ever do to Han and Leia to be reduced to an insult?
    These are things WE DO NOT KNOW!

18. Inanna

Inanna Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2016
    Yes, Han used Luke/Anakin's lightsaber on Hoth when he opened the TaunTaun when he found Luke near death after Luke escaped from the Wampa.

19. KING_KENOBI

KING_KENOBI Jedi Master star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    What happened on Jakku,what happened to make that big and all those small destroyers crash into the planet..Its such a cool location,I wish I could see how the bridge on one of these ships look like after 30 years rust and explore inside the ship..,how did the empire lose and the rebels win.

20. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    I know Han Solo has seen it but BEN Solo is another story

21. Inanna

Inanna Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2016
    oops, sorry I miss read you post the first time

SkywalkerOG likes this.
  22. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    How did the Old Man get the map to find Luke? How long did he have it? How long has he been on Jakku?

MS1 likes this.
  23. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Anything and everything about Snoke.

24. Dagobah Dragonsnake

Dagobah Dragonsnake Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2016
    The location and chronology of the majority of Rey's vision other than Bespin.

25. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    How big/strong is the FO????? How/why did they rise to power? Was there an Imperial civil war? How long did Snoke run/take control of the FO?

Where did all the superior TIE/Interceptors go?

Assuming "Snoke is Snoke" why would most imperials accept an outsider? If "Snoke is Plagueis" some1 who was around since the beginning I think Imperials will b more accepting of him.