main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Things we should NEVER see in The Clone Wars-series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Swashbucklingjedi, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foltliss

Foltliss Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 19, 2010
    Perhaps he should direct the episode in which Ahsoka finally bites it? Unless she decides to follow one of my other theories and survives.

2. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Or my theories;)

3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    No, not at all, I'm not one of those people. If an episode has a strong foundation something like that is very minor in comparison, and that episode certainly fits that description in my opinion. Probably a strong 8.

I actually think TCW has done a really good job of making you feel like you're right there in the heat of battle, probably better than at least any of the prequels. Of course, there's always room for improvement.

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    If you really think so you know nothing of real waro_O - heat of the battle is nothing like that- no SW-material usually have much realism- it don't need to - not saying that- it has fantasy/scifi elements anyway but i mean the real serious battle- fight till the death- SW hardly has any- watch OT do you really think shootout in corridor would look like TantiveIV boarding even with rayguns?

Hardly anyone dies like that "Ouch I'm hit" "wilhelm scream" nah they scream much more and cry and are totally mad- in every real battle someone loses his sense anyway- I've never been in real battle either but i've seen people losing their sense much more easily- if there would be guns and bodies and people trying to kill someone would panic totally- not everyone but someone for sure- even trained soldier...... reading real descriptions of history and real battles i can see classic hollywood-war is part of the ancient heromyth that has nothing to do with real life....

I don't even want to see 100 percent realistic battle in SW- it would be too gross and violent I'm one of those quite sensitive people I'm okay with fantasized heroic battles....

still as said there could be some little bit more realistic battle- we don't even see any blood in TCW- except that green alienblood- what a speciesism again- Greedo can bleed but humans cannot because kids would be scared:rolleyes: I know blasters don't cause bleeding wounds usually but what about all shrapnel etc. Choo is hit by a spear in Trespass and yet no blood:rolleyes:

I would be ok with some bit more realistic battle not any bloodbath this is not PG18 or even PG15 - but come on would add some serious aspects to the show:-B ....
    to see Grievous crushing clone's skull with his leg (not really seen is better but soundeffect added would be great- enough to make it "cool" while quite disgusting at same time)- superbattledroid crunching clone's neck- or see clone like Rex receiving scars- it was stupid they started with Cody already having those scars- i want prequel where he receives them:_| It's hypocrite for me to claim those wouldn't be suitable for kids- is backstabbing then what children should see?- I think that if there is killing in the show it is already not suitable for the youngest kids[face_shame_on_you] - some separated limbs, crushed skulls and backs and scars thank you[face_devil]

5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    No, I'm not nor have I ever been in the military. Are you a soldier? [face_thinking]

6. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I'm most definitely not- as male in Finland you either have to go to the army or then choose civilian service work and i chose the latter- i have wonderful place to be "working" in .... in fact i'm there now but i have nothing to do today[face_laugh] cough cough.... my grandpa that died before i was born- fought in a war(but didn't die in the war just before i was born)- he even has some old photos from the front- not from battles not many soldiers wanted to picture them- but from after-battle celebrations etc. fascinating stuff.... anyway he was grumpy old man and i think it was war that somehow twisted him- he was very cruel father to my father and i blame war from that- anyway i've seen documentaries and read books (and seen real people :p )and i don't believe war is anything like movies depict -it's much much worse

Have you watched Steven's movies- Saving Private Ryan or anything? They are movies that are more realistic than most old heromovies- still having their hollywoodlike stuff and sometimes even bit overkill-stuff- but i think Steven is good in depicting war like i think it is- horrifying really.....

7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Well I'd never claim to know what war is like and I have great respect for all the veterans and active duty military who I meet; I thought maybe you were in the military since you seemed to claim to know what war is like. Of course, I don't know if any modern wars would be anything like the Clone Wars. I definitely think compared to the prequels and perhaps any Star Wars film, TCW has faster paced battles with more to them (not counting space battles).

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    In fact in my WOT i said i've never been in the battle:p

9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    What's your WOT?

10. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Wall Of Text:p

11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    [face_laugh] Yeah sometimes I miss things in there. [face_laugh]

12. Foltliss

Nov 19, 2010
    If it makes you guys feel any better, I am active duty military.

And Swash, I would like to hear some of these theories of yours. :-B

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Ever been in real battle? Well every battle is also different of course but nowadays there is no worldwar going on so little skirmishes are not much compared to something like D-day.... anyway you're from US i guess[face_flag] where do you serve?

What comes to Soka-theories- there is own thread for her fate and i've written many theories there- go and have a look- i don't think she dies but she could've plenty of reasons to leave her place as jedi and especially as Ani's padawan and all those work better than her death since Anakin looks rather fine in the beginning of ROTS- loss of padawan and such a good friend is so hard i doubt it could work to form logical continuity since Anakin's fear of loss seems to still be mostly about trauma caused by Shmi- if Ahsoka would be dead he should add her to the list of tragical losses that must not happen anymore.....Anakin even quotes her in ROTS and smiles- many couldn't do that if friend whom you quote is gone- "This is where the fun begins"

14. Foltliss

Nov 19, 2010
    To answer your question, no, I've never been in battle. It's actually an honor among Marines to earn a combat action ribbon because of how rare it actually is. I'm not infantry and I know more than a hundred Marines who will never see combat in their entire military career, some of which actually are infantry.

I've heard stories from people who have been, though. People who've lost close friends or even watched another ally die, whether they know the person or not, usually don't like talking about it. Marines are more prone to joke about the things that are troubling them.

I kind of see Anakin as a Marine in that sense: he doesn't like to talk about how he feels, he'd rather act. You're right about the quote, though. Ahsoka is alive too close to the timeframe of Order 66 for Anakin to be serene while remembering her if she's dead. I'm sure if they do kill her, our logic capacitators will need a complete recalibration. :rolleyes:

15. Drewdude91

Drewdude91 Jedi Knight star 3

May 21, 2011
    I know it's too late to request this but NO PADAWAN FOR ANAKIN!!!!

16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    So I take it you're not looking forward to the episode where Ahsoka gets knighted and Anakin decides teaching her was so much fun he's going to request another Padawan.

17. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I don't want to see Obi-wan open up a club named after himself.

There HAS to be a better way if the writers wanted to put a Temple of Doom reference.

18. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I imagine they could quite easily Star Wars-ify the whole plot of Temple of Doom. Maybe going after some Sith artifacts? :eek: That's where we can see the Bane and Revan models return! I'm a genius.

19. Drewdude91

Drewdude91 Jedi Knight star 3

May 21, 2011
    Because of the whole Ahsoka deal, I don't consider CW to be canon (except for the old cartoon miniseries). I refuse to accept that Anakin ever had a padawan.

20. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    I don?t know why people are focussed on this ?real war? stuff. This isn?t supposed to be ?We were soldiers? or ?Black Hawk Down?. We don?t need to see people losing limbs left and right. The level of violence the show is at now is more than enough to get the job done.

Star Wars was always supposed to be a fun, adventure story, not some nitty-gritty war drama. A lot of the EU authors seem to have forgotten this somewhere along the line. [face_plain]

And anyone who says it would make things ?more realistic? needs to take a step back and look at the source material.

21. Foltliss

Nov 19, 2010
    I see things a little differently. I love RC/IC because Karen Traviss actually knows what she's writing about: she has military experience. Her clone commandos remind me of Marines I know in their attitudes, their behaviors, and mostly their senses of humor. The realistic quality of those characters has made those novels some of my favorites.

Continuing from that vein, war is a JOKE if it isn't realistic. You say Star Wars isn't a nitty gritty war drama? Try this on for size: When Luke arrives at Yavin, he's briefly reunited with his childhood best friend before his best friend is killed in combat moments later. Being reunited with someone close, only to have that person taken away from you entirely, is practically a staple of drama, be it the war or the soap type.

22. MarkVader1991

Jun 10, 2010
    And I ask you, is that much different from the level of violence the show is at now? People get shot at. They die. Fair enough.

It's like Luke recovering after his duel with Vader. He gets a limb chopped off in a brief moment. Is sent to recover in a tank. He?s got a little breathing mask on, a few scars etc. Fine. Point made. This is a serious moment without being to graphic or off-putting for younger viewers.

What we don't need to see is Luke gushing blood from open wounds, as he makes it back to the rebels, only to be told the medical frigate?s been destroyed by the Empire, and their already overrun with casualties from the battle of Hoth, so Luke has to lay on a cold metal floor with bugs crawling over his open wounds before....

You get the point. You can have a war with battles, death and serious moments, but sometimes it's better, for both the audience and the narrative, to leave some of the more realistic, graphic aspects to the imagination.

The Star Wars movies didn't need them. The Clone Wars can do without them.

23. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    That's a pretty extreme example. Of course you would never expect something as harrowing or graphic as that in anything this mainstream, but I think EU writers giving the novels a more mature theme is one of Star Wars' best selling points as a franchise, in that it can literally appeal to all age groups. Stuff like TCW and video games are universal but more geared towards youunger audiences, while the books, comics etc. are more for older fans.

24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I always felt the opening scene of Ep. IV where the Star Destroyer captures the Tantive IV and they blow the door down and flood the ship with Stormtroopers was pretty realistic. It doesn't matter what my age was! But most big battles in the OT aren't that big (all ships at the end of Ep. IV, skirmish and quick retreat in the beginning of Ep. V, tons ships of ships and...Ewoks at the end of Ep. VI), and in the PT the battle is always just a context for a bigger story, rather than the battle being the story (by and large). I feel The Clone Wars has some of the most intense battles we've seen on-screen in Star Wars, and I mean that as a compliment to TCW, not a slight to any of the films.

25. MarkVader1991

Jun 10, 2010
    I think they just miss the "feel" of it is all.

I mean if someone made Indiana Jones into a more gritty "realistic" portrayal, I think most people would say they missed the point. Why is it somehow different with Star Wars?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.