main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Things you are sick of seeing in video games

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by hawk, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Well maybe, I never used it though not even for night vision.

You gotta admit serious sam rifle was crap, you could never use it because enemies nevered spawned until you were 20 meters away, by which time they had seen you and were charging at you and your chance to use the sniper rifle was gone.

2. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    Its not really in games but I hate it when people call any free-roam game a GTA rip-off

3. Patrick Russell

Patrick Russell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    "2) Single player as a half-baked afterthought. I am officially the only person left on Earth who buys games for their single player mode, and considers multiplayer as a nonessential component; a nice thing to have, but not paramount or fundamental in any sense of the words."

Looks like there's plenty of us out here with ya, compadre. My real interest in online multiplayer shoot-em-ups lasted for about five minutes when I first got DFII: Jedi Knight about what, six years ago? There's just not enough to that whole concept to keep me particularly interested, and this is coming from somebody who still hasn't completely tired of FPS games. When designers can't be bothered to put any more than a cursory effort into the single player campaign on a game, and instead weight the whole thing heavily on the online multiplayer mode, that to me just indicates laziness on the part of the design team.

YMMV...

4. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Yeah, I hate the fact that online people seem to get a better game.

5. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    I'm really sick of the experimental creatures in FPS. I just got further into Farcry and there are now big, lumbering mutants with rocket launcher arms. WHY? It is such a good game with just human foes. Why do enemies feel the need to create these monsters with rocket launchers? Who initially came up with the idea?

6. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Wolfenstien I believe, that or DOOM.

7. MonaToral

MonaToral Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2004
    hate it when there is just a sniper rifle in the game for no reason. It's just there.

Yeah I'm looking at you Serious Sam, and you Halo, and Jedi Academy, don't go anywhere

You have to be kidding with Halo.

The Sniper Rifle is a very handy weapon, especially when one shot can kill.

couldn't agree more, i would be a sitting duck if it wasn't for the sniper in halo...saves my ass every time i play, and whatg do u meen "canone shot kill", its always a one shot kill for me, but i guess thats cuz i always aim for the head...

MT

8. Shackleton

Shackleton Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2004
    One thing I'm definitely sick of in games is jumping puzzles. I can't even begin to tell you how frustrated such puzzles can get. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.