main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Things you didn't like about AOTC

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Feelicks, Apr 9, 2013.

1. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    bodge job??

2. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Like ROTS, I think the main thing I don't like is that some scenes that I felt were necessary were cut. Along some necessary dialogue too.

• The extended arrival at Naboo. Honestly, ever since I watched that deleted scene, it bugs me every time I watch the final cut up one in the movie.
    • Naberrie scenes: Padme's backstory and it adds to the romance.
    • I think the scene where Dooku tries to convince Padme to join him is necessary. It let's people understand his character and goals better. Now I don't the trial is necessary.
    • I might even add the Jocusta Nu and Obi-Wan where the discuss Dooku. Not super necessary, but it would be nice and add to Dooku.
    • Add more of the Lars. It be nice to see more of them. Also for the audience and Padme to get to know the people who take care of her son. I would really like to add Owen's line to Anakin "Take my speeder bike." I mean it feels like he just takes it without permission. Same with Threepio.

As for dialogue, I would like to extend Padme's love pledge to Anakin. "I think our lives are about to be destroyed anyway,” Padmé replied. “My love for you is a puzzle, Annie, for which I have no answers. I can’t control it-and now I don’t care. I truly, deeply love you, and before we die, I want you to know." This is from the novel btw.

In the book, when they arrive on Tatooine, Padme speaks Huttese, "You think it's easy being Queen." Just a minor thing, but it's small character thing and she's right. It wouldn't be all fun and games when being a monarch.
    • But if I add to cut anything, it already is the longest Star Wars movie without these added scenes, I would cut down the Geonosis factory scene. Also the factory scene with Threepio, I don't mind the part where his head gets stuck a droid's body, but perhaps cut the part "I'm scrap, it's nightmare!" I didn't mind it when I was younger, now it kinda annoys me.
    • Cut down the Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Padme fight against the Geonosian beasts.
    • Slightly cut down on Jango and Obi-Wan's fight on Kamino. I mean they later duke it out again in space.
    Can't think of much else.

HevyDevy and Iron_lord like this.