main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Things you don't like about ROTS

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by EternalStutter, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Tusken are sentient aliens. They can be monsters, just like humans can, as seen when Anakin slaughtered their whole camp (and definitely not in self defense). Not to mention that the women and children were innoncent.

You mean, if a monster had attacked them, they would be able to defend themselves? Perhaps.

2. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I'm so tired of this subject, and it has a thread, so why not go discuss it there? All I will say now is that they're just like Orcs, Goblins and the like in LotR. Go figure.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  3. Drewdude91

Drewdude91 Jedi Knight star 3

May 21, 2011
    I wish it was 2.5-3 hours long, as opposed to just 2 hours. Almost all ROTS complaints would have been better addressed in the film had it been longer.

4. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Like AOTC, I think the only thing that I don't like is that scenes that I feel were necessary were cut.

The deleted scenes, but the Seeds of the Rebellion and Qui-Gon most of all. Followed by Vader taking on the Jedi Masters, like Shaak Ti and Cin Drallig.

Also I don't like that these lines were not included:

After Padme promised Anakin that she would not die, she then says, "You don't need more power, I believe you can protect me from anything just the way you are." Then the kiss, which would great too! But the line I felt is necessary. It adds more to the tragedy, if only Anakin had realized this.

Also after Palpatine declares himself Emperor, Bail almost takes a stand and Padme stops him and tells him, "There will come a time."

5. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    I love ROTS and consider it to be my favorite prequel, but it isn't perfect. There are some great moments in it, but there are a few that I'm not particularly fond of:

* Chewbacca in ROTS. I love Chewie, but I'd rather have seen only the other wookiees and then remembered how awesome wookiees could be when we Chewie for the first time in ANH.
    * "So uncivilized." I've never been a fan of this line, largely because of the tie-in to ANH which is a bit too blatant. The delivery of the line is also a bit awkward to me.
    * Obi-Wan/Grievous chase. I like seeing Obi-Wan chasing after Grievous, but I feel as if the actual chase runs on a little too long.
    * The speed at which Sidious takes down the Jedi masters. The editing could be a bit better here.
    * I'd have liked to have heard more of Palpatine's delcaration of the Empire such as his reasoning for the Jedi being traitors and some of the specifics of why an Empire was important.
    * Sidious' crazy side. It's cool to see Sidious in all his ecstatically evil cackling glory, but it's a bit inconsistent with his character in the other episodes of the saga.
    * "I hear a new apprentice you have, Emperor." This is a nitpick, but I wish Yoda would have said Emperor Palpatine rather than just Emperor. The idea is the same, but I think using his name might have made it a bit more meaningful.
    * This is the biggest one for me- Anakin's turn to the dark side. By the end of the film, I mostly get why Anakin turned, but I'm not completely sold on his actual turn and agreement to serve Sidious when he becomes Darth Vader.
    * "Noooo!"

Force Smuggler likes this.
  6. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    I liked Sith but definitely disliked some moments as well.

1. The entire beginning:
    a. the Space battle was boring, especially buzz droids…zzzzz
    b. more attempts at poor comic relief
    c. Palps saying "yeah!"
    d. Grevious being such an ineffective character and coward
    e. the ship landing scene
    f. Dooku forcing the catwalk on Obi-Wan looked soooo bad…I could go on but I'll stop….the beginning lol.

2. The lack of the war's effect on Coruscant…everyone just looks like their going about their business…la la la la la la

3. Anakin's turn to the Darkside was too fast…and shows how dumb he really was

4. Murdering the children…just not necessary to show

5. Obi-Wan, out of character, confronting Grevious instead of waiting five minutes for the clones

6. Better editing was needed when Palps took out the Jedi who were with Mace

7. Padme's death by broken heart.

8. The final duel goes on too long. Too fantastical at times

9. Shoehorning Chewie in the movie

10. Needed more Order 66 scenes

11. The "nooooooooooooooooo"

march162015, nightangel and miasma like this.
  7. smoothkaz

smoothkaz Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 25, 2014
    Grievous should have been more powerful and less cowardly, as in Clone Wars and the novel.

Chewbacca was completely and utterly unnecessary.

Anakin's fall was poorly motivated and too abrupt. There should have been equal focus on Anakin's disillusion with and mistrust of the Jedi Order and personal lust for power. I can't believe he would turn into a child-massacring, wife-strangling dictator in the way he did.

Hayden's acting on Mustafar is really bad. He was decent in the rest of the film, but once he turns on Mace, it all goes to ****.

"She's lost the will to live" was unnecessary and seriously lessens the emotional impact.

The "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" was poorly done.

march162015 and nightangel like this.
  8. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    It's my favorite movie of all time and I loved the whole thing. Truly did.

9. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Padme losing the will to live.

Mace's Jedi posse getting wiped out like inexperienced rookies.

Anakin being easily swayed to the darkside by being offered conveniently timed wife saving powers.

march162015 likes this.
  10. Mindless Monster

Mindless Monster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 4, 2014
    Padme's diminished role, and the film's inability to tie-up loose ends from AOTC.

march162015 likes this.
  11. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    Agree on all counts.

12. Empress Shatterpoint

Empress Shatterpoint Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2013
    -The lack of the Delegation of 2000 scenes. We have been underexposed to Alliance members like Mothma in the OT already, so not seeing these ex-politicians & Bail Organa in action much in ROTS was a great let down. Scenes showing us their gradual realization of Palpatine's true character and their attempts to thwart him would have given a clearer picture of Senators in the midst of rising corruption and it would have increased my caring for the future Rebels. I wanted to root for characters of this party personally rather than in a distant 'pity they have been crushed' way. I also feel the deleted scenes would have upgraded Padmé's character in this movie. Without those it doesn't feel like she's the leader from the previous movies. We really needed to see her political prowess in ROTS to see her as more than the protagonist's wife.

-General Grievious' character. I found him dull, unexplored, and his fight against Obi-Wan in Utapau was overly stretched out.

-Chewabacca's apparition. Totally unnecessary nod to the OT.

ROTS is my favorite movie so other than the above that I have no issues with it. I second posters that said more hours of it would have been fun.

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    No hyperspace jump similar to the OT.

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  14. NowTHISIsPodRacing

NowTHISIsPodRacing Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2015
    They didn't' build up Anakin's fall enough in the previous films (the only scene that should that was him potentially falling to the dark side was the whole "not just the men, but the women, and the children" scene) so they had to try their bast to make it all happen in RoTS.

I posted part of this before but I have trouble turning my inner feelings in the words that can accurately describe how I feel without having to spend a long time.

march162015 and Iron_lord like this.
  15. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    General Grievous being underused. He had so much potential but he's in like what, a total of three or four scenes?

The battle of Kashyyyk could've been longer. Kashyyyk is one of my favorite planets so I would've loved to see more of it.

The duel between Yoda Vs. Sidious could've been extended but instead they put too much focus on Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan even though that duel was the bigger and more important of the two.

16. Padmes_love_slave24

Padmes_love_slave24 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2003

Obviously you don't enjoy watching movies with character development as TPM and AOTC had, Anakin is anything but a loser he is the chosen one and he was on his way to becoming the most powerful jedi. Anakin had liked Padme from the moment he laid eyes on her in the Phantom Menace and said "are you a angel?" she knows Anakin is a good person but has his share of problems, the Jedi council all acknowledged his powers, but didn't trust him. Padme loved Anakin even while she was dying she still loved him, part of it was she believe she could be his lover and nurturer take the place of his mother and take care of him and comfort him, just like she does in the TPM when he is away from his mother she immediately goes to nurture him and gives him a shoulder to lean on. If you don't understand how Anakin's turn to the dark side is well progressed over the 3 movies how events lead to his turn than you obviously didn't watch the movies, even in TPM you could see Anakin is ruled by fear hence Yoda's speech to him, you seem as a young man in AOTC in adolescence killing tusken raiders who murdered his mother constantly having a love/hate relationship with Obi-Wan and being confused to what he wants, and he beheads Doku in ROTS and you are surprised he turns to the dark side?! I just really don't understand many some people they just wanted Darth Vader to be a simple one dimensional character who is just bad and intimidating and didn't want to know what led up from Anakin Skywalker to become Darth Vader. It almost feels like some people wanted Anakin to go in Phantom Menace pick up a black cape and mask and say hey I like black and the breathing noise this makes I want to rule the galaxy and he goes around intimidating jedi and ruling the galaxy. Yeah.....right

march162015 and darskpine10 like this.
  17. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    A couple of things they could've changed:

1. Anakin not knowing about the pregnancy at all. He could still be afraid to lose Padme and thus turn to Palpatine to learn the secrets.
    2. Padme not knowing about the pregnancy herself until halfway during the movie...in other words, don't have Luke and Leia born during the movie. She finds out she's pregnant, and wants to tell Anakin. But she's disturbed by the changes she sees in him, and withholds that information.
    3. Instead of dying, she is shown going into hiding and arrangements being made to take care of the twins (she does find out they're twins) by Obi-Wan and Bail. It could fit better with Leia's vague memories as explained in ROTJ.

18. Lanoree

Lanoree Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2015
    Anakin killing younglings. Hated that scene.

march162015 likes this.
  19. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    Here's one I forgot... the one magnaguard whimpering like a dog before Obi-Wan beheads him. :p

20. JJRosso

JJRosso Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 19, 2014
    I liked Luke in the Classic Trilogy, did he not progress as a character?
    Anakin was one of the worst movie characters of all time, and everyone around him were wondering how he got the part, and why his lines were so dumb. He was a laughing stock of the PT from TPM to ROTS.
    However, Anakin in The Clone Wars Cartoon was great and showed a lot of emotion and made him appear as he could definitely turn into Darth Vader.

21. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

The Anakin Skwalker you see in TCW is the Anakin we saw in the beginning of ROTS.

Saga Explorer likes this.
  22. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    They should have kept the deleted scenes about the early formation of the rebellion with Mon Mothma and everything. Would have added soooo much.

mes520 and Force Smuggler like this.
  23. JJRosso

Jul 19, 2014
    I disagree

lovelikewinter likes this.
  24. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    I agree with your disagree I still can't see ROTS Anakin as being TCW Anakin same goes with AOTC but in that case it was character development.I think it's just the acting though

JJRosso likes this.
  25. JJRosso

Jul 19, 2014
    Good Version of Anakin

Poor Version of Anakin

Two interesting scenes, made even better by the action, one enhanced by The Clone Wars version of Anakin, one let down by the Movie Version of Anakin.

Jcuk likes this.