FF:QLD Things you may like to know about the iPhone?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by ImperialCourtessan, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImperialCourtessan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Greets all!

New owners are reporting:

1. The touchscreen feature is proving to be a total PITA

2. Foxtel/MobileTV DOESNT work

3. It CANT send MMS/Picture messages

.. there's a #4 to this post but now its run away from my brain...brian..or..something... which was bloody SILLY for it to do cos it's damn COLD outside.

HOW'S THAT SNOW JUST SOUTH OF STANTHORPE!!!!!!!!!!
  2. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
  3. Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Master

star 4
    I sell the iPhone as well and a guy I work with has one and all of these.

Once people get used to it, it's great. You have to learn how to use the thing properly (it works best with the corner of your thumb) but once you have learnt it, it works really good. Better than a blackberry or something with a numpad.

The iPhone wasn't made for that type of thing. Telstra will have to make a website for iPhone owners to connect to so that they can use that sort of thing, which is what Optus and Virgin are working on now. That said, the YouTube and other websites with Flash video work perfectly.

There are 3rd party applications that should be on the app store that send MMS. If they don't want to get that, they can send it in an email. In the apple booklet and test that I had to read, it said we have to make the customer aware that the iPhone does not support MMS right now. Apple may bring out their own MMS app eventually.

Apparently, the Sydney stores are having some issues with the iPhone, but I haven't heard of specifics.
  4. Grieyls FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.