main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Things You Remember......

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by PrincessKenobi , Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Post something you remember doing on the JC at one point. Something that pops out of your mind. 3 Things pop out for me.

1) Beganning of December someone posted a thread in the JCC entitled the YJCC Invades the White House. Well I took it upon myself to declare myself President since they couldn't decide the Flordia issue. Which it was fun being the Pres for a month. I had a full staff. I think farraday was in my cabinet too. I'm not sure.

2) The Social Thread Fisacos in 2SA there was one point that there were 5 social threads. Vert brought an end to that real quick. And then in a period of a month we went through 10 social threads. Reason being the first one in a week had broke unbelivable posts. It was the Jedi Knights Club Social Thread. Then we just moved to the line and its been that way ever since. Kind of nice to know I was part of something.

3) The First Official Successful JCC Jedi RPG. Ran for five months. Everyone was welcome to join. But there were 12 of us mostly. It started the rest of them which eventually led to the openning of its own forum on here. Which Nathan who use to be part of that group when he began a MOD actually helped push the cause for its own board.

Those are some of my memorible moments I'm sure someone will say something that will spark a memory. Like when Epic hit 5000 posts and that was a big deal.

~PK~

2. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Good idea, PK. I can think of a few events that have always remained special to me.

Summer 2002: After about 3 summers on the JCC, i think this was the best. GriffZ and Lord Bane were mods, i started my first and last intelligent thread, DUSHONI invented a little thing called "mod color coordination". Yeah, man. It was awesome. It was also the only summer in my JC history where i wasn't banned all or half of it.

The 2SA (Jan 2002-May 2002): The 2SA was far more different than the slum we like to call the 3SA today. It was full of intelligent discussions on what we did know and what we didn't (i also told a group of spoiler-free people what we did know in a chat of which people are still crying over). It was a good time in TFN history.

That's all the immediate things i can think of at the moment. If i have time or if i can think of any more later, i'll post them.

3. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I miss the good old days of 2SA and its kind of nice to at least to go into the Social Thread @ 3SA and see the same people. Its just so hard to post in the other threads there anymore. I've posted in a couple. But thats because I agree with the idea. And then I posted mine own, which I thought hey this is a good idea and it makes sense. But alas it fall into the abyss like most things in that place do.

~PK~

4. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Jan 23, 2002
    Yeah, the 3SA is pitiful in it's current state. I loved the 2SA, but what we have now is completely different from that, unfortunately. Now all we've got is newbies reposting threads and trolls acting like newbies reposting threads. It makes you wonder how it ever came to this. I hardly post at all there anymore unless i feel the urge to tell a newbie off or something like that. A lot of the time i don't even take the time to bother with that.

5. StarWars_Revelation

StarWars_Revelation Jedi Master star 5

Aug 5, 2001
    Let's see...

I remember Katya's pool party in '02 or so.

I remember 9/11. I think I spent just about all day in that thread.

and then I remember the original Mafia.

6. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    I too remember summer '02...ahh, good times indeed. We haven't had the same general quality of threads any time since then in YJCC, I don't think. My post count grew rapidly thanks to Red_Oktobur's Bodacious Backyard BBQ...yep, fond memories.

And then there was the JC Election Game at the end of '02, going into '03...that was crazy. I don't even remember what happened because I went on a JC hiatus for a few months before the game was resolved, but even before the peak of chaos it was pretty much an insane mess.

Go I.R.K.!

7. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Jan 23, 2002
    And then there was the JC Election Game at the end of '02, going into '03...that was crazy. I don't even remember what happened because I went on a JC hiatus for a few months before the game was resolved, but even before the peak of chaos it was pretty much an insane mess.

I remember that. I was a member of the Outlander Club back then. I wouldn't exactly call it chaos, but it did turn out to be pretty supid thanks to the mods. I remember my party got 2nd place and the winning party got double-dealed. The President (Admiral_Thrawn21) was promised a VIPship for a year and within 24 hours, the mods got the genius idea that 'it will be annoying seeing him around with VIPship for a year' so they took it away from him. He then got ticked off, made a statement that he would ram a plan onto a heavy-populated American area and left the JC for good.

It was crazy in the respects that the mods didn't have enough common sense from the start to realize it would be annoying to have he bloating around for a year, but other than that it was pretty civilized.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.