main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Things you want to see in Solo: A Star Wars Story

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth Chiznuk , Jul 22, 2016.

1. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    themoth, I agree with you, I think Han is going to use a different ship and at the end of the 2nd Act, Han wins the Falcon from Lando. This way we see him at the beginning of the 3rd and final Act with the Falcon.

DAH, what about Woody Harrelson, his mentor?

I think Woody let's Han take his infamous gun toward the end, as I see a death scene for him at the end. I also see Woody not liking when someone tells him the odds, I think he gets it from him as well.

Han: "You're never going to make it...you know what the odds are you get away with this."
    Woody: "Never tell me the odds...never tell me the odds." (shakes his head no)

11-4D likes this.
  2. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Reverse that. Woody's character is ALL about the odds. Big time gambler. Calculating the risk/reward in every situation. Han chafes at this as he is more a 'seat of the pants' kind of guy.

I bet Woody is in the card game that the falcon gets won in (if it remains a card game) But the risk is too high leaving the foolhardy Han in to win.

Sarge likes this.
  3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Do the filmmakers have the right to Brian Daley's Han Solo adventures? I'd like to see Bollux and Blue Max. And a Triani Ranger.

4. Blue 5

Blue 5 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2017
    I'd love to see Daenerys race Han on Drogon.

In all seriousness, I'd love to see IG-88 in a bigger role and see Dash Rendar make an appearance. Maybe a droid with a female persona.

Tobi likes this.
  5. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    My hopes are simple. I'm hoping to see Han and Chewbacca meet, winning the Falcon off of Lando who he already knows. As far as Woody as his mentor, I'm seeing it more as Han works for him or he's part of his crew of smugglers on some freighter or something, and when Woody's character double crosses him somehow, Han goes out on his own. I could even see Woody as becoming some sort of antagonist in this film to him, kind of in the way that Hondo spanned that line between being a friend as well as foe to the people he dealt with in TCW and rebels, whichever best served his own interests. Someone here mentioned Han and Deneyris in some sort of race against each other. I would love to see something like that! Speeder chases have always been one of my favorite parts of Star Wars, and we know that Han was involved in starship races in his life in this Canon, so I would I love to see something like that!

As for anything else, I'm hoping to see at least Boba Fett or Jabba the Hutt (or both) at some point in this film as well.

6. Vegeta Daimo

Vegeta Daimo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 30, 1999
    No one asked for Garris Shrike, Han's Pirate Master/father figure that Woody Harrelson hinted that he'd be playing but then Pablo said that Woody might be mistaken on who his character is. I'm not sure I wanna see Shrike either cause Han Solo was a kid basically back then & the actor playing Solo is too old for that.

What I do want to see is a very underworld-centric movie: Nar Shaddaa, bounty hunters/Boba Fett, smugglers, sabaac tournament, Lando, Chewie, the Hutts & a trilogy of Solo films.

7. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    How about a scene where Han and Chewie need a getaway vehicle, so they choose an Imperial side-gunner mini-rig. Han sits in the side-gunner seat and Chewie opens up and hops into the cockpit. Chewie is really crammed into the cockpit, with his face practically in his knees. There could be a very claustrophopic camera shot from inside the tiny cabin, showing his frustration with the situation. Eventually, he stops to tear the lid off the cockpit, tossing it at chasers, then speeds away, fur flowing in the wind.
    It would be a bit of a nod to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, but with Han in the sidecar instead of driving.

[​IMG]
    More images:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tobi and Gigoran Monk like this.
  8. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I like that! And I can see Miller and Lord going there.

Siphonophore likes this.
  9. Siphonophore

Nov 13, 2003
    One photo shows Han in the side-car, and a caption for one of the photos on the back of the box reads:
    "SIDE GUNNER - detaches for solo raids."

Solo does some solo raiding. Going solo could be unintentional, if the vehicle drives into a pole that separates the two sides, sending Han's pod careening.
    Bigger image:
    [​IMG]

11-4D and Gigoran Monk like this.
  10. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    Many things, but two of the biggest for me is seeing Corellia, and them keeping Han as an imperial officer who rebelled to save Chewbacca. Winning the MF from Lando, and making the Kessel Run are up their, which I believe they will show.

11. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    - No references to the "who shot first" debate
    - Corellia
    - Kashyyyk
    - Greedo
    - Winning the Falcon from Lando
    - The Kessel Run
    - Saving Chewie

El Jedi Colombiano and Tobi like this.
  12. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I want Han to have a really, really crappy ship in this film. He spends the movie envious of his friend Lando's ship the Millennium Falcon, which he initially writes off as "just another piece of junk" until he sees what it's capable of. Don't end the film with Han gaining ownership of the Falcon, or have that occur at any point during the film's run time. We know it happens, we don't need to see it. Besides, it's kind of cool if, when watching all of these movies in chronological order, the next time Han pops up (presumably) in A New Hope, he's now captain of the Falcon with his buddy and the ship's previous owner Lando nowhere to be seen.

11-4D likes this.
  13. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    I want to see his thievery and flying skills put to use. Followed by foolish gambling. Followed by rescuing, in however manner, a wookie we all know and love, Followed by a crazy crazy kessel run. And somehow in there....Jabba the Puppet should be in it. That should just be the first 15 minutes to set up the tone and then we go to a great star wars adventure with Han, Chewie, Lando, and Woody Harrelson.

Kinda like how Raiders of the Lost Ark was. A mini adventure to start. Interlude. Closing Act to awesome to behold.

14. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

:rolleyes: I hope this doesn't happen. I didn't like it when they took away Indiana Jones' uniqueness, by having him receive his fedora and jacket from a former archaeologist/adventurer; and I wont like it this time. Keep Han Solo unique and original. [face_plain]

15. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    I want Han to have a useless, disloyal alien co-pilot that he eventually ditches for Chewie.

16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

Maybe a Gigoran?

Tobi and Gigoran Monk like this.
  17. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Sure.?Since Moroff got so little screen time in RO, I'd love to see a featured Gigoran in Solo.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    ^ All you Gigorans are so predictable. :p

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  19. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    I'd also like to see giant killer spatulas in this movie.

Did you predict that?

Sarge likes this.
  20. Siphonophore

Nov 13, 2003
    I think Ernie Fosselius needs to make a prequel to Hardware Wars.
    It would be an origin story of young (fresh?) Ham Salad, and Chewchilla.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  21. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I want to see a good title music!

22. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    I want to see a gungan.

23. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    At least one of every single alien that we have seen would be cool, unless it breaks continuity (ewoks)

24. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    1. han and lando playing sabacc for the falcon
    2. han rescuing chewbacca

25. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    I think its possible that some established things about Han will already be in place but I'd be supprised if the film doesn't take the opportunity to show us at least 1-2 of them happening. if its going to be successful then I'd agree it does need to have more than this as its main focus just as Rogue One needed a self contained story.

If we do seen Han winning the Falcon my guess is this might happen quite early in the film, perhaps the first time he meets Lando as Donald Glover seems setup for a pretty major role.

Generally I'd hope it does the same kind of thing with the smuggler culture that Rogue One did with the Rebels and the Empire, takes a strong lead from the OT but then adds in a lot of its own material. Hopefully its better than what we got in TFA as well, I wasn't impressed with the smuggler stuff there personally.

Sarge likes this.