main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Things you want to see in Solo: A Star Wars Story

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth Chiznuk , Jul 22, 2016.

1. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Smuggler culture is a good way of putting it.

2. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Han didn't choose the smuggle life..... the smuggle life chose him.

cerealbox likes this.
  3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    -No meta jokes ("I always shoot first")
    -The Falcon
    -Chewie
    -Nar Shadaa (like a nightmarish, dirty, gritty Coruscant)
    -Corellia (if ever there is a time to show it, it's in this film)
    -Jabba (maybe)
    -The actors playing Han and Lando really made to look as much as Harrison and Billy Dee as possible
    -Han not being too much of a good guy.

Sarge likes this.
  4. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    I want to see surprises. I want to learn something surprising about Han, something that turns pre-existing notions on their head. Perhaps he has a child with one of the female characters - for that child to pop up in Ep 8 or 9. It would be good to have something that links the film to the new trilogy so that it has a reason for existing other than just fan service.

DARTH_BELO and CarboniteSolo like this.
  5. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    Can I add to that?

Woody Harrelson's character better not be a bounty hunter. That is in particularly bad taste because Harrelson's father spent the rest of his life behind bars for assassinating a Federal Judge in a bounty killing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

6. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    Han Solo meeting Boba Fett for the very FIRST time, and Han giving Fett that big dent on his helmet due to their first meeting and gunfight. This way, Fett begins a hatred for Solo, as Fett is caught off guard.

I hope Boba Fett is not as smart as he is in TESB, but after meeting Solo, he gets way better at what he does. I also hope his costume is a little less battle damaged then when we see him in TESB.

I would love to see a younger Bossk and/or Dengar.

11-4D likes this.
  7. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    MSW spoke of a rumor of a set with piers and docks, ala a pirates' cove - think "Rishi" in Star Wars the Old Republic, for those who play(ed) that. I'd personally love something like that, and it makes sense. This is, after all, a movie about pirates.

8. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Characters I'd like to see
    Jabba the Hutt
    Greedo
    Maz Kanata
    Boba Fett (but just for brief cameo)

Planets I'd like to see
    Corellia
    Nar Shaddaa
    Nal Hutta
    Tatooine (briefly)

Situations I'd like to see
    Han winning the Falcon over Lando
    Han completing the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs
    Sabacc games
    Spice use

9. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    This movie is interesting to me. The lead up feels a lot like I remember the PT lead up. Everyone was speculating about what we would see based on what we had already seen and working their way back. But it didn't work out that way for the PT and I doubt it will for Han Solo.

That being said. a bunch of OT call backs like han denting Boba Fet's helmet and playing jump rope with Jaba's tail is easy... so we could get all of those things. Here's two hours of seeing all the things you already knew about Han's past.

10. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Most people are talking about how much they want to see Boba Fett in this film. I'll say that's not gonna happen, and for a good reason: It. Doesn't. Make. Sense.

Boba and Han didn't have history together, compared to Greedo and Han. If anything, Boba will just have a brief cameo. There won't be some kind of "awesome grudge and fighting" between Han and Boba - that's just a silly fanboy's dream.

11. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    I hope the only old characters we get are Han, Chewie, Lando, and perhaps Jabba. Everything else should be fresh. And I've had enough of Fett, who was cool in ESB, but was given far too much of a backstory in AOTC.

The Regular Mustache and Sarge like this.
  12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    As I was listening to the R1 soundtrack in my car today, I had a thought. You know what could be an awesome team up? Han Solo and Jyn Erso. If the two of them could combine their talents, they'd be an unstoppable duo. I want to see that.

13. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    I actually wouldn't mind seeing Jyn in the Solo movie...

Sarge likes this.
  14. DemonKingBalor32

DemonKingBalor32 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    charachters, scenes ,plots

meeting lando and winning the falcon from him

saving chewie

interaction with dash rendar if he is even canon

black suns reference or even a easter egg

jabba giving han solo the job

planets

corellia

kessel

bespin

tattooine ( very briefly )

manaan

rakata prime

15. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    A better font for the title! The font for Rogue One was rough.

16. CarboniteSolo

Oct 11, 2013
    Who would be up for seeing Vader cameo?

I want Han's mentor to double cross him and maybe sell him out to the Empire/ Vader/ Jabba the Hutt.

I want him to be close to somebody throughout the film, only to have her be killed in the last act. " It just wasn't meant to be."

I want Han to save Chewie and his family and/or son, and his life debt begins.

and basically everything that the others want to see in this film, winning the Falcon, Sabaac game, Jabba, Fett cameo, etc.

17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Nah. Vader being used in every movie would cheapen him in my opinion. He worked perfectly in R1 because of the story. It's a direct prequel to ANH so he fit.
    Seeing him in the Han Solo movie, dealing with smugglers and low level criminals wouldn't sit right with me.

Unless the cameo is something like the HoloNet playing in the background, with an image of Vader showing up briefly. But that would be more of an easter egg, rather than a cameo.

18. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Yeah. Situation appropriate cameos.
    Han Solo isn't about Vader.

Krueger and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  19. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Jyn showing up in the Han Solo movie would be cool. But after seeing Emilia Clarke in that Cast photo; it makes me think that her Character will be playing the Role, similar to what Jyn would have played. I am thinking that Emilia Clarke's Character will be a rival smuggler (with her own ship) to Han, who reluctantly asks for her help on a big job. Their relationship will probably be similar to Batman and Catwoman (a rivalry that includes sexual tension). I would like to see Jyn show up though. :)

Sarge likes this.
  20. CarboniteSolo

Oct 11, 2013
    I would love to see Dash Rendar and the Outrider, this would be the perfect opportunity to show a backstory to him as well as interaction with Han and Chewie.

Also, a final shot of Lando setting his coordinates for Bespin, talking to Han about some city in the clouds or something.

21. Ed_Fett_77

Ed_Fett_77 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    Don't think we will see or hear from Bespin, because Rebels is later in the timeline and Lando didn't own Cloud City there.

22. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    I don't think they're going to go with Han as a former Stormtrooper, but I think it would have been cool. Show him being put into service against his will, and the fabled imperial academy we've heard about.

23. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Pablo said they're following Lucas' back story as much as possible. I wonder if that means Han will be an orphan raised by wookies? I'd say we're sticking to what George had in mind. This was his response when someone asked him about Han's origin.

El Jedi Colombiano, GregMcP and B3 like this.
  24. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    To start with kid Han swinging through the trees like Tarzan or Mowgli would be a great start to the movie.

It could use a happy Disney song as he says good morning to all the Wookies and other weird alien jungle beasties.

Krueger likes this.
  25. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    the Pykes need to show up

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.