main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Things you want to see in Solo: A Star Wars Story

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth Chiznuk , Jul 22, 2016.

1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    You know they are going to show that :p

Taylore and PymParticles like this.
  2. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I'm groaning that the idea that he's called Han Solo because he's works solo. ergh. I was loving this movie up to that.

It's a "Is that a Death Star on the poster?" moment.

3. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I'm open minded about them playing up the 'Han as the cheating conman who faked it to make it' angle.

Taylore and Sarge like this.
  4. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Er, when was this confirmed?

5. Silent Android

Silent Android Jedi Master star 1

Jan 1, 2016
    What about Maz Kanata? Isn't she some sort of mentor figure to Han Solo? I wonder if Lupita Nyong'o got to do mo-cap scenes for both TLJ and the Solo Film concurrently. This would also be a nice tie between the ST and the Anthology films (I was hoping to see a younger Lor San-Tekka in "Rogue One").

6. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    I'd be okay with Maz being in the film. At the same time it would play up to Han's disbelief in the Force.

7. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    I just wanna see some Bounty Hunters. But not Boba, I wanna see some of the more obscure ones. I'd even be up for Cad Bane or Aurra Sing making an appearance.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  8. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I honestly believe that Iger meant that we'll see how Han got his reputation, not how he literally got his name.

Taylore, PymParticles , Sarge and 3 others like this.
  9. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    I think so too. But even if not, why is this such a big deal? Fans have some really strange red lines...

Taylore likes this.
  10. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I dare the filmmakers to cross this line in the sand!

[​IMG]

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  11. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I hope we get a scene where Han pulls out a lightsaber and cuts the sleeves off a black jacket and says, "yeah...much better" and puts on what is now his iconic vest. Then Lando asks him, "hey man do you want some company?" and Han looks over his shoulder and says, "thanks man...but I'm going solo." Then Lando says, "Man, Han that's you all over! You should just go ahead and call yourself Han Solo." And then Han looks at the camera and say with a big self satisfied smile and a wink, "I think I'll do just that." And then he'll jump into the Millennium Falcon and punch the hyperdrive ans scream, "twelve parsecs here I come baby!!" And then he'll fly by a ship in distress and he'll teleport the one life form aboard this ship and right after he beams the life form the ship blows up, the then life form walks in a daze into the Falcon's cockpit and it's Chewie! And Chewie's all, "dude! Thanks for beaming me and saving my life back there" but he's saying all this in Chewie talk, and then Han is all, "hey don't mention it bra." And then Chewie's all, "Dude you can understand me?" And Han's all, "yup, I grew up watching Wookiee soap opera's on the tube, so I know how to speak it pretty well." And then Chewie's all, "great! That's going to make things a lot easier between the two of us. By the way you're the proud recipient of Wookiee life dept!" And then Han's all, "that is the coolest news I've ever heard!" And then the two of them high five and the movie ends with a freeze frame of these two good friends highfiving each other. Hive fived forever! Then there's a scene after the credits where's it's Boba Fett looking at the Millennium Falcon fly off and Fett ominously says, "One day I'll find you Solo!" And then Fett takes the helmet off and says, "or should I call you...dad!" And it's Rey! Fett is Rey! Somehow! This whole time! We don't know how and we don't care because our minds are blown!

Phasmatic, DL44Jo, Dra--- and 10 others like this.
  12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    ^ Wow. That totally blows the Christmas Special right out of the water.

13. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I think some people would really like that...

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  14. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    I heard a rumor that his birth name is Hanzo Lowdown.

In the film he changes it to Han Solo Down. Then finally to Han Solo.

Dra--- likes this.
  15. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I didn't really think of Maz before, but I'd really like to see Maz Kanata in this film.

A point was mentioned somewhere above about how it would be interesting to see Han originally have a really crappy ship, and envy Lando's Falcon. I was thinking the opposite could be even funnier-think of this: What if Han originally managed to obtain this nice shiny, fancy ship that he was really proud of. Then perhaps he loses it while gambling or it's destroyed or stolen or something. Then as a last resort, in an effort to simply have some kind of transportation, he gambles again in a high stakes sabacc game (which could make for a really interesting/suspenseful scene in the film BTW) and wins the Millenium Falcon in the game against Lando. Then once he gets it he could be not too happy about it-kind of thinking like he had to settle for a POS, but decides to upgrade it with his own touches so that by the time we reach ANH he's all playing it up and proud of it when everyone else says it's a piece of junk!! I'd love that!

16. DealAlterer

DealAlterer Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 2, 2012
    Han doesn't really believe in the force or the jedi in ANH so I wouldn't mind a scene fleshing that out a bit.

Maybe Han witnesses some holier than thou wannabe jedi get tough with a lightsaber only for some thugs to shoot him down like he's nothing.

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid..."

Gigoran Monk and themoth like this.
  17. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    ^ I like the sound of that.

18. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    That would be brilliant. Latter stages of Order 66 meets ANH. Perfect way to reference the OT without nostalgia-pandering. Would add depth to ANH.

Dra--- likes this.
  19. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    I dig the sound of a Jedi wannabe who's not Force-sensitive at all, but has somehow obtained a lightsaber on the black market and falsely claims that he's a real Jedi. He brags about how cool he is only to get killed by a bunch of stormtroopers.

I could see this kind of character fit very well in a Han Solo film.

20. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    I'm also hoping we see Jabba, or any of the Hutts for that matter. I was definitely disappointed to see that rumor about Leia talking with the Hutts in TFA turn out to be false. Anyone here remember that one?

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  21. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    I remember it well, and was also disappointed! Hopefully something like it happens in the Solo film. Would love to have a "Hutt Families" scene, ala the one in TCW.

22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I had this idea while waiting in line at Star Tours last night. We've always known Han Solo to have his own ship obviously so I thought it could be funny to open the film with Han in a Star Tours type spaceport. Just one of a million of folks of all different species waiting for transport to one world or another.

11-4D likes this.
  23. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    That'd actually be really cool, and definetly in line with something Lord and Miller would shoot.

24. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    An official title.

GregMcP likes this.
  25. Bosskkkk

Bosskkkk Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 18, 2012
    What would you think, if these two scoundrels (Dr. Evazan and Ponda Baba) actually also ended up having a very cameo in the Han Solo stand alone film ...

Would Lucasfilm do such a thing? Would Lucasfilm plan a sort of, "in-joke" where they end up appearing very briefly in all the Spin Offs (Rogue One / Han Solo / Boba Fett / Kenobi), so that when watched chronologically the viewer ends up seeing their brief story unfold, until Ponda Baba loses his hand in A NEW HOPE...?

Does anyone else think there is a slim chance their appearance in Rogue One might have been a set up for such a humorous series of coincidences threading the spin-offs together...?

or not?

11-4D and Dra--- like this.