main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Things you weren't allowed to do as a kid...

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by MOTs_Minx, May 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Maker

The_Maker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I was allowed to any thing i wanted (just about)

"mum can I take this cocaine" - "yes Dear"

My brother on the other hand was allowed to do F' All, and still isn't.......he's 28 now

Also i recall on many occasions causing trouble and mum saying "you, wait till dad gets home" - and upon dads return , mum would explain my bad deeds and dad would say. "don't do it again -now here's some money go up the shop"

2. Arun Dale

Arun Dale Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 21, 1999
    The slipper by my mum...my dad wasn't allowed to hit me..coz his hands were huge..but boy did he chase me up the stairs when I was lippy..

3. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Ooh_Aah_Cantona Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 13, 2000
    I don't remember being smacked. Though I'm sure I was. I remember being threatened with it all the time and being cheeky and running off.

4. MayhemUK

MayhemUK Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2001
    And we're all (reasonable) law-abiding peeps... unlike many oiks today.

5. MOTs_Minx

MOTs_Minx Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 26, 2000
    I only got hit by my dad once...and I feckin deserved it.

I had run away and was lippy to my gran and told my Mum I wasnt coming home until my Dad came in from work (cuz I was a Daddy's girl).

Then when my Dad came in...I got a do-in from him for being lippy to my gran and not doing what my Mum said.

I think kids need discipline. Too many kids these days manipulate their parents who won't smack them. Nowt wrong with a quick cuff round the ear.

6. Poodu

Poodu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 3, 1999
    We were allowed to watch pretty much anything we liked... we had a lodger called Mike who was the coolest supplier of films... I vividly remember sitting down with my young friends watching Nightmare on Elm Street 3 and 4

7. Arun Dale

Sep 21, 1999
    I used to get cained at school all the time

right across the knuckles...

8. The_Maker

The_Maker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    All kids should be smacked daily as a matter of course.

I was only smacked by mum once, after i first gave my views on religion - not to long after I killed off my brothers idea's of father christmas ....Ha ha ha ha ha

9. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
    We had the belt at our school. I got it almost every week as a matter of course cuz I was lippy and stubborn.

In 5th year, there was an announcement over the tannoy system for me to go straight to the head masters office and I was ******** bricks!!! When I got there, he offered me tea and biscuits and wanted to discuss my doing the readings at the school assemblies. LOL

10. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    I remember one time I was asked by the head teacher and teachers to stand up in assembly at a key time and swear... I shat myself... the head delivered his spiel and I stood up shaking like a leaf in the breeze and said "yeah, **** off" - sat down and trembled....

11. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Dec 13, 2000
    Wooden rulers at my school. Of course, corporal punishment was banned, but that didn't stop my English teacher.

My old neighbour was a nutter. If her kids did something that deserved a smack, she used to grab their arm and burn them with a match. Nothing major or scarring, but when you are 7 years old, it scares the **** out of you.

They emigrated to texas, america. And her son, who was my age has gone mental. When his wife left him for a nother man, he went over to the blokes house with a shotgun. And his mum was proud of it!

12. Arun Dale

Sep 21, 1999
    Poodu: why?

Did you go to one of those groovy hippy schools?

13. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
    They used rulers at my school too. It was called The Rapids. Getting your palm slapped rapidly by a ruler for about a minute.

I didnt get it but I saw it happen to other people...and the pain in their faces was unbelievable (and funny!) LOL

14. Arun Dale

Sep 21, 1999
    One thing that amazed me about the cain..was that they'd whack your hand with a wooden stick and then back into the classroom where you were expected to carry on writing..

Has anyone ever tried writing after being cained across the hands?

Impossible

15. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
    Thing is...it got the point across.

When corporal punishment was banned, punishment exercises couldnt do what the belt could.

16. MomentOfTriumph

MomentOfTriumph Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    my dad wnet mental when i had my nose pierced, my mum however, liked it.

17. Arun Dale

Sep 21, 1999
    I had my nose pierced too..

What with doing art at college and a ring through my nose...

My dad was seriously questioning my sexuality...imagine his relief when he found my portfolio of naked ex-girlfriends ;)

18. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
    Did you dress like Lawrance?

19. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    Arun, I can't remember... it was some lecture or another on not using bad language and they chose me to do the example... at least it shut everyone up! They were rather shocked... mind you, I'm pretty sure the teachers expected me to say something much tamer, like bloody or bollocks or something

Oh, and it was far from a hippy school. It was Oxford...

20. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Dec 13, 2000
    lol @ Cass.

21. MayhemUK

MayhemUK Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2001
    Definitely had the cane and such at my school. I never got to see it (must have come close a couple of times though), but I knew plenty of kids who had. I think they stopped all of it a couple of years after I left.

We're all discussing this, and there's two great bloody posters from the RSPCC on the wall on the platform I use at London Bridge tube station. Asking "if smacking works, why do you have to keep on doing it?". Because repetition teaches the donkey that's why!!!

22. METZ

METZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 2001
    My mum tried to ground me when I got a tattoo, im 21 for petes sake!!!

23. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Dec 13, 2000
    My dad would have gone ballistic if I had got my ear or nose pierced. Him and his friend used to tut at kids with their ears pierced and go on about "the youth of today". He never used to like it if I wore jeans and a t-shirt! But I still did.

24. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
    I wasnt allowed to have my ears pierced. My Dad said it looked cheap.

I had it done when I was 17 though

25. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Dec 13, 2000
    im 21 for petes sake!!!

LOL. But you still say "for pete's sake". Go to your room young man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.