Things you weren't allowed to do as a kid...

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by MOTs_Minx, May 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MOTs_Minx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    LMAO...so what you're saying is...he caught you...and you didn't know until he blurted it out in front of everyone?

LOL
  2. MomentOfTriumph Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  3. Jairen Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Becky, one word of warning, if you want a tattoo with minimal pain, go for a fleshy part of the body. Anything directly on bone, e.g. ankle, will hurt, alot.

I had two on my upper right arm, and neither of them hurt, just very warm during and after.

I'm looking to get another one, a dragon possibily, on my back.
  4. Ooh_Aah_Cantona Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  5. Beckymonster Jedi Knight

star 3
    Jarien, I was thinking of more 'above' my ankle - on the side of my calf. Trust me - plenty of padding! ;)

The top of my arm is also a possiblity but that kinda precludes wearing short sleeved shirts... ;) Gotta think about it!

Talking of the pain factor... Heavens only knows what posessed half the LotR actors to have their tatoos where they are. Two have theirs on their feet, one it's on his shoulder blade, another his wrist, someone else his hipbone! Mad the lot of 'em!

6. Tanktopgirl Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I mainly wasn't allowed to interrupt my mum when she was talking to Elaine Brewster.

We'd walk home from school with the mums lagging behind, talking about the price of Daz, and be forced to stand on the drive for six years while they got onto the merits of Fairy Liquid. Trying to interrupt ended up an an Unlce- Buck- on- the- telephone scene...

But I...
    I'm talking!
    I wanna...
    I'm talking!
    I needta...
    TALKING
    Wee?

Also backchatting. Mum's have backchat radar. Imagine how embarrasing...I went out to play one day and muttered something like, "stuff off" on my way up the drive.

Had my mum closed the dooor?
    Nope.
    She was behind me in a second and before I knew it I was four feet in the air being carried in while all my mates pointed and laughed.

The humilation. It was more than any five year old should haveta bear.

7. AlphaWolf Manager Emeritus

star 5
  8. Ooh_Aah_Cantona Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    you told your mum to stuff off at five years old!?! LOL.

That explains a lot about you now.
  9. Poodu Jedi Youngling

star 6
    I always found that so duplicitous... the normal question before backchat would be something like "what do you have to say for yourself, young man?". As soon as you start replying you get the DON'T TALK BACK TO ME!!!
  10. MOTs_Minx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    LMAO

And what about "the look"?

Sometimes that did it for me. My Mum would use the "look" and I'd shut the hell up.

And if my DAD used "the look"...I knew I was in serious trouble.
  11. ObiJohnKenobi Jedi Youngling

star 4
    muttered something like, "stuff off" on my way up the drive

ROTFLMAO

And what had your mother done to incur such Monkey Wrath?
  12. Arun Dale Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I was a little sod and was always getting into trouble...

I remember knicking my dads Dolmite when I was 16 and piling 10 mates into it and driving into a tree...

I got grounded for 2 months for that escapade and all my saturday job money went on the repairs
  13. Wormie2 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    There's before dad left and after dad left. Before he left, I always minded and never got in trouble. After he left I did whatever the hell I wanted. Occassionally got whipped for it or lost my door for a week but I figured it was worth it just to hear my mom scream. :D
  14. Tanktopgirl Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I mumbled "stuff off" really quietly under my breath so my mum wouldn't hear me, cuz I was hard.
  15. Gav Daragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I remember once when I was 11, and my cousins was up visiting from Cheadle, my cousin Graham had been using the c-word, but I didn't know what it was, I just thought it was another slagging word. Anyhoo, my mum came upstairs cos we was having a big free for all and was telling us to shut up. So I just told her to "Go away you c-word". Man dd I get a thumping for that one!
  16. Ooh_Aah_Cantona Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I just thought it was another slagging word

Yet you still called your mum it. That's just asking for trouble.
  17. Tanktopgirl Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    LOL @ Gav!!!

I saw that word written on a bus stop when I was on holiday with my mum and dad.

So I said it. Like you do when you're seven.

They just looked @ each other. And creased up. What? Whaddid I say? I had no idea. And even after they explained, I had no idea. The lying gets.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.