main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Things you wish the old EU had covered

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth Invictus, Nov 3, 2016.

1. jedisor

jedisor Jedi Master star 2

Apr 22, 2011
    Lobot by Luceno

Orrimaarko by Luceno

Jar Jar by Luceno

2. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    a Cloak of Deception-esque novel about Jar Jar as an Imperial senator would be incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    An Evasive Action sequel centered around the Inquisitors (Antinis, Lanu, Halmere and Gwellib). Legacy Vol. III. A story exploring the Vong galaxy, or any of the companions. A story in between SWTOR and the New Sith Wars. Comics set during The Jedi Civ War.

Darth Caliban and spicer like this.
  4. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    How about an economic history of the GFFA, I like your idea about splitting the essential warfare with a focus on eras/wars, tying up TFU and the interregnum between C and Legacy.

Speaking of Dooku why not a novel set in between TPM and AOTC focusing on Anakin Skywalker Obi Wan, Dooku, Palpatine with others mentioned getting their own side stories and so on.

I want a story from the Pius Dea era about that angsty human soldier that falls in love with a pretty twi'lek with lots of guilt, angst, and emotional mush.

Darth Caliban likes this.
  5. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    What about the Rakatan praetor? Or King Adas, or Supreme Overlord Yo'gand would it work for them?

6. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    There's still a lot of ground that they could cover, it's a real shame.

The story I'd like to have seen eventually- dependant on SWTOR's lifespan (Don't end it) is the joining of SWTOR and then the Sith War to Bane and Kerra Holt.
    A legends version of that would be interesting. SWTOR went a down a different avenue with Zakuul and the third faction so they still half link up but SWTOR is kinda it's own thing now.

If you took SWTOR out of the Legends verse, you then open up Revan's story again and the One Sith mentioned in KOTOR 2 leading possibly to a KOTOR 3.

ConservativeJedi321 and AusStig like this.
  7. mbruno

mbruno Jedi Master star 1

Jan 19, 2010
    What's C? Crucible, I'm guessing?

Also, in regards to the topic, The Force Unleased III as well as a conclusion to the Republic/Imperial Commando series.

spicer likes this.
  8. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    3600 BBY-1000BBY

Vima Sunrider.

9. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Yes Crucible.

10. seventhbeacon

seventhbeacon Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2015
    I love this topic, but need to give some thought as to what I'd like to see.

I will say I was never satisfied with any of the kidnapping/abduction stories of the Solo children and wish they'd given that plot another spin a few more times...

11. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I would have liked more Rakata, the early New Sith Wars, and more swtor sith/jedi conflict, the Great Wars specifily.

I think the New Sith Wars and the 'fall' of the Republic in the outer rim would be the most interesting, the chaos of the collapse of order and 'civilisation' the panic, heroism and so on, that would result.

darklordoftech likes this.
  12. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014

I nominate Talon Karrde for that novel.

Duguay and Darth Caliban like this.
  13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I, Ken by Luceno

14. Duguay

Duguay Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 30, 2002

Interesting idea. I could go for that, maybe, but I would want it to be co-authored with Timothy Zahn. Conversations that build mystery and exploration sequences by Zahn; technology details elaborated on by Luceno. The strategic sequences outline by Zahn, the action sequences shared by both, the continuity exposition by Luceno (with a little streamlining from Zahn). And every single bloody instance of the word "Point" eliminated from the text when it's used as shorthand by a character for "Good point."

PCCViking and jSarek like this.
  15. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    I'm fine with it if it's a thing that Karrde OR Mara says. Make it a quirk of a single character, and obviously, that character should be one of Zahn's mains.

But everybody saying it? Yeah, that can go away.

Revanfan1, Duguay and PCCViking like this.
  16. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    My least favorite Zahn trope is every time a ship goes into hyperspace "the stars turned into starlines" and then when they revert to realspace "the starlines turned into stars". I never even picked up on the "point" thing until reading it in this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Question:

What happened to Darths Nihl and Maladi in the Legacy books? I just finished Legacy Volume II's last arc last night (at long last!) and kept waiting through the whole series for them to be mentioned. Then Marasiah's like "Oh we killed all the Sith ! W00T!" at the end but... in Legacy I they were still around. And they were certainly not part of Wredd's/anti-Wredd's team. What's particularly strange is that no one, not Marasiah's team nor the other Sith, ever even mentions the names of the former Legacy I Sith crowd.

I can see that on the Wook there's no mention of future possible arcs with them -- does anyone remember if anything was said in the interviews of the time?

Jeff_Ferguson likes this.
  18. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Can't recall if anyone mentioned them in any interviews, but they certainly didn't appear (nor were mentioned) in Legacy II. They're kinda like Schrodinger Sith at this point. They can be still alive and suitable to be the new villains in a potential Legends continuation ([face_praying] ), or dead if we go with the whole "all Sith are dead" wrap up that we got.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    They should have shortened the Ania Solo: Wanted arc and expanded the last arc.

20. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    I suppose Ania Solo: Wanted was already finished when Dark Horse learned of the license switch, so they had little choice but to publish it. After that, they had to wrap things as fast and best as they could.

21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

Yikes! That would be insane! I almost LOL'ed (literally) at how that sequence played out in the comic, with Sia showing up on one page saying (with no evidence) "Wow this must be all the Sith -- TO VICTORY!" and the next page showing all these dead Sith lying around and the Imp Knights saying "Now all the Sith are dead. Congrats guys. Show's over."

I was sort of hoping for a Marvel-style final shot of Nihl or someone watching from their own ship being all "MUHAHAHA random-plot-twist-revelation-that-works-in-favor-of-the-villain!!!" /end

Gamiel and spicer like this.
  22. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    I agree that the notion of "all Sith are dead" provided in the last issue of Legacy II is ridiculous, but I think that Dark Horse wanted to give a closure to the Legends stories, albeit ineffectively due to the pressure of the canon and Legends situation. Technically, the arch SW villains (Sith) are gone in Legends. But we know better than that ;)

23. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I said at the time that people really shouldn't quote that guy going "the Sith are dead! It's the end of history!" without acknowledging the very next line. (Or, for that matter, what I suspect was the real-world source of that phrase).

24. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010

Well since it is the last (in timeline any way) thing published it is the ned of history. It worked as a wrap up.

Also remember, evil never dies

25. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Legacy Volume II is best just forgotten altogether.