main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Things you wish were different in the novels

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ST-TPM-ASF-TNE, Jan 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    Praise the lord [face_plain]

2. wilde_karrde2002

wilde_karrde2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2002
    Maybe I'm being foolishly optimistic, but I'm still wating for the stand alone Talon Karrde novel. Forget Han Solo, Karrde is the real scoundrel turned hero.

3. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Harry Stu... :confused: :mad:

4. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    JASON X:
      "It was good that veteran Jason-actor, Kane Hodder returned, reprising the role he played in Friday the 3th, Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhatten and Friday the 13th, Part IX: Jason Goes to Hell - The Final Friday.

While most thought that the epitomy of what Jason had become was captured by Friday the 13th, Part VI: Jason Lives, this is actually not true.

A comparison of the depth of acting for Messrs. Hodder and C.J. Graham shows the acting genius of Mr. Hodder is without peer when it comes to playing the role of the mass-murdering, homocidal spawn of hell. One can see it in the subtle facial movements in anticipation of "bagging" the next victim. One can see it in the subtle body motions of shrugging shoulders and the dramatic way Mr. Hodder walks. In fact, it was after reprising the role in Friday the 13th, Part IX: Jason Goes to Hell - The Final Friday, that rumors began to about about the lengths this actor-genius would go to to obtain insight into the character. Fan rumors abounded about how Kane Hodder would drown himself at a summer camp, murder teenage coeds, kill himself and then return from the dead as a spawn of Hell to obtain the extra insight needed to get inside the head of his character. Robert DeNiro was rumored to have said: "
      This XXXX guy, I have to respect him. Sure, for a part, I'd drown myself and kill a few XXXX teens. Like I did for the Godfather - I whacked a few Sicillians to know how it feels. But, I don't know if I'd damn myself to hell and then get ressurected just for that extra insight. He's a better actor than me."

While each actor to play the role has added their own unique twist on this classic horror movie character, it has only been Mr. Hodder who has brought some unity - some continuity - to these disparate identities by way of actually reprising the role, several times.

The sum total of Kane Hodder's Jason Vorhees can be considered to be the true Jason.

5. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I wish the NJO books had Yoda, Ben, and Anakin apperar once more to Luke.

6. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Actually, Jason X doesn't look half bad.

Really...

7. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    While "future horror" has been done to death in franchise horror (horror in the future - see Hellraiser: Bloodlines), I have to agree Jason X doesn't look half-bad.

I mean, yes, it was a crappy movie, but Hellraiser: Bloodlines gave some true movie quote gems by Pinhead...

This is a holocaust waiting to happen...
    Do I look like someone who cares what God thinks...
    Pain? I am pain...

Granted, Jason doesn't talk quite as much. (Well, Jason doesn't talk at all.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.