main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Things Your Mother Never Told You....Until Now....

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Wench, Dec 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    How did I miss the Kathy Ireland post???? :(

The closet I got to a celeb was the black guy from Flashdance like TV dance show in the early 80's was drunk and in the same line for a Disneyland ride, I was at a bar that Sheryl Crow [face_love] went to once, and of coarse in the same theater as Alice Cooper during the Episode II premiere. :D

But that's as good as it gets.

Oh I did talk Larry Parker once. Anyone from So. Cal knows who he is. You know... the Lawyer from the comercials... "Larry Parker got me $1.2 million"

2. -Master-

-Master- Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2002
    Well I have been in a movie(Campus Man), a TV show(forgot name, only 3 episodes made) and several news clips.

...but alas I am still only a star in my own mind. ;)

3. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
  4. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Man, who needs therapy when you've got the boards...?

LP :0

5. ChoadsGirl

ChoadsGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    Otay, I give in, I?ll play. I am a direct line descendant of Charlemagne (on the female side of the line) which means two things. Back then my ancestors were political pawns married off to whomever there fathers could gain the most from. 2nd? I?m directly related to almost every royal family in Europe.

People I know/family friends. A good majority of the Dodgers baseball team. Don?t ask, I won?t tell. Luis Gonzalez, Curt Schilling, Randy Johnson, Ms. Budweiser Colorado 1998 (my nephews ex girlfriend) Stevie Nicks (and her wonderful mother, Barbara). Brian Banks, Mel Gibson, Charles Barkley, Kevin Costner to name a few.

6. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    [face_shocked] OMG!!! You know Mel?!! I [face_love] Mel!!

SWOON!

7. TyriaTainer

TyriaTainer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    i'm right there with you. oh mel!!!

8. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    Mel is one of the few, the fabulous, the sexy men that only get better with age....

[face_love]

9. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    **lines up for the Mel Gibson drool fest** :D :D :D

10. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    The guy is pushing 50, and has like 7 kids. I just don't see what's so great about him. Plus, he's short. ;)

/ducks from the rotten produce/

Okay, he does have some charm, but he just never did it for me.

Does anyone know John Schneider? Him, I'd like to meet ;) :D

11. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    John Schneider, Superman's dad?

Yeah, he is cuter now than when he was a Duke boy. :D (I had a crush on him then, too. Of course, I was 6. [face_blush])

Still, I'll hold out for Han, I mean Indy, um Harrison Ford. :D (I wonder how the cloning is coming? [face_mischief])

12. TyriaTainer

Aug 16, 2002
    superman's dad?!? what are you talking about.

i'll have to agree that john is yummy, but i still think mel is better

13. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    He's the only reason I have ever watched that show! I was flipping through the channels one night and went, "What!? Since when did Bo get a new show!"

And Kirana_T thanks for the age crack, I thought for a minute I was in Denver ;) :) :D

14. ChoadsGirl

ChoadsGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    Sorry for the delayed response, my poor old bones are creaking and cracking here. I just got a good laugh over the whole "supermans dad" thing. OUCH... Looks in the mirror... I didn't think I was that ancient. "Supermans dad"???? Ugggghhhhh!!!!

Now, about Mel. Yep, he has great eyes, does all his own butt shots, nice tush. Is a great dad. You'll see him in the grocery with his kids or just here and there. His wife is very sweet and down to earth. He stays low profile and everyone in town that knows him doesn't think anything about it and those that don't will walk up and say "you know, you look a little like Mel Gibson" in which he says, "Really? I've never heard that before, honey, do you think I look like mel gibson?" and she says? "Mel Who?...Ohh him, nahhh you don't look a thing like him." It's a riot to watch. Almost impossible to keep a straigt face. He's not in town a whole lot, but when he is he just blends in like everyone else. See we have this place up there that is ranked the WORLDS #1 private golfcourse. The only way to play there is to own a chunk of land and have a house on it. The chunk of land cost 250k+ an acre (acre minimum) and the houses have to be 1mil plus value, and then the HOA fees are outragious. But, those that love golf are all over it.

15. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    *clears throat*

ladies...

topic?

*raises eyebrow*

16. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    well mom my told me she knows how to sew. now she tells me. she would never even show me anything if i was trying to fix pants. and i have gone through so many pairs of work pants.

and my step dad was a big star wars fan when it first came out. he said he even read the books when they first hit print. now he thinks i am weird. how time changes people.

oh and zoo, you dont need to go to denver to be reminded that you are old. i will keep reminding you that you are a few years from the old folks home ;).

17. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    [face_laugh] Zoo, I didn't mean to imply that you were old! You're barely older than me. (I'll be 29 next week, yikes! :eek:) [face_laugh]

My mom thinks that Lorenzo Lamas was hot on Renegade. (There, I brought my mother into it. On topic enough for you, Sideshow? :p)

18. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Sideshow staying on topic? Riiiggghhht! :p

19. -Master-

Dec 3, 2002
    Thats right Sideshow, keep them in line.

Cracks whip

20. TyriaTainer

Aug 16, 2002
    i still don't know what show you guys are talking about with john being superman's dad.

stay on topic?!? aren't topics put up just to give us a starting point to talk about whatever we want?

21. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2002
    Thread pirates rule!!!!

It's Smallville where he plays young superman's dad - it's on the WB on Tuesday nights.

22. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Thread pirates don't rule, please keep it on topic people. We can have the Father discussion over in the tavern, that's that it's for. Thank you.

23. -Master-

Dec 3, 2002
    Thats right Void, that is what the Tavern is for.

Cracks whip

24. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    *takes whip back from -master-*

thats mine! :p [face_laugh]

25. -Master-

Dec 3, 2002
    Hey I got that whip from Sistine

Grabs whip back

:p