main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Things Your Mother Never Told You....Until Now....

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Wench, Dec 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    terribly sorry -master-, it looked just like mine! [face_laugh]

back to topic...

all right this one is going to mess you up.

one of my parents told me i was distantly related to JAMES DEAN!!!
    i thought i was so cool, until i found out it wasn't james dean i was related to, but jimmy dean, the sausage guy! doh! :D

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Topic ?[face_plain] Hmmmm, . . Is it whips? [face_mischief]

sideshow - If that's true, then we're cousins! Because of my mother's incredibly prolific family, I am related to 1/2 the state of Virginia and most of Maryland. And believe me, I wish I was exaggerating. It makes my family history research a real bear.

I have a tree with lots of branches that grow back together. Anyone ever see a Monkey Puzzle Tree? There are no oaks in my family history. [face_laugh]

3. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    heh, well, i was born in oklahoma, so i wouldn't be suprised! :D

as for staying on topic, i don't mind if one or two posts go a little off, i only step in when it starts to get derailed...

4. TyriaTainer

TyriaTainer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    thanks for the info. haven't gotten a chance to see much tv for a while, so i'm behind.

sorry, i've never visited the tavern, didn't know thats what it was there for. maybe i'll drop in for a drink sometime then.

hmmm, i think there's someone cool in my family history somewhere...........oh yeah, i remember an article about a great uncle of mine who was a smart in physics. robert.......something about taking on Einstein's theories. one of these days i'll try to find that article again.

gee, i wonder where all that genius went to.......

5. TyriaTainer

TyriaTainer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    oops, still not quite on topic. well i just learned about him a couple of years ago when he died.

6. -Master-

-Master- Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2002
    Family trees are definitely interesting these days. Mine is bent broken and glued back together in some areas. ;)

7. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    My family tree included polygamy!! My grandmother still remembers her two grandmas both married to the same grandpa. I'll never forget when they told me that one. [face_shocked]

My next question after being told about my Polygamist heritage: So does this mean I can have more than one husband someday? [face_devil] (See I was already having Wenchish tendencies at a young age. ;))

Oh and I am related to some senator back east somewhere.

8. -Master-

-Master- Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2002
    We must remember to never let Wenchy off her leash or we are all in trouble.

Men run for the hills. ;)

9. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    *Flutters eyelashes innocently*

I have NO idea what you're talking about! ;)

Running eh? Running is good exercise! [face_devil]

In the interest of the thread topic (Just for you sideshow) has anyone else recently discovered something new and interesting about their families?

10. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Well, it's not new, and it's not very interesting either, but eh...

Johnny Appleseed (aka John Chapman) is one of my ancestors.

Yay.

[face_laugh]

11. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    My grandpa, a theatre major who joined the Air Force, boxed Joe Louis back in the 1940's as a gag for the troops... We have the old projector reel of it in my attic... My grandpa is humorously decked out in catchers' gear and boxing gloves...

For those of you who don't know who Joe Louis is, here is some info.

12. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    That's awesome!!!! [face_laugh]

13. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    [Eddie Murphy]Joe Louis is the greatest boxer that ever lived. He's better than Sugar Ray, he's better than Cassius Clay, he's better than...who's the boy that looks like a bulldog...Mike Tyson.[/Eddie Murphy]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.