main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Things you've noticed in Force Awakens.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by patrickurrutia, Jan 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    No, Finn could find Poe spot because it had all the smoke from the crashed TIE, where it was impossible for Poe to find Finn as Finn was just in his ejector seat. No way for Poe to find Finn crash site.

2. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    The novelizations even clarify that Poe thought Finn had died in the crash, too.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  3. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    Well , if I remember right it was Poe mission to deliver the map to Skywalker to the Resistance base.
    Since the First order comes,Poe puts the map in BB8.
    However,after he just let Finn who is the one who helped him to escape from the First order battlecruiser, Poe also abandons BB8 with the map to Skywalker.
    How was BB8 supposed to come to Resistance base ?
    Rey understand what BB8 speaks,because how strong is Rey with the light side of the Force.
    But,if you remember right,BB8 is just a little away from being transformed into pieces and the map to Skywalker being lost.
    And is actually Rey which saves BB8 and she,with Finn,get an old ship and deliver BB8 to the planet on which Maz is.
    Now, Maz is not willing to get involved in delivering BB8 on a safe ship to the Resistance base.
    So, is not just a poster.
    See on the thread dedicated to Maz Kanata,she was a collaborator with the Siths,the Empire and now,with First order.
    Maz was not liking what Siths,Empire or First Order were doing.
    I do not recall First Order going after Maz to capture her when they come to get BB8 from the planet on which Maz had her tavern.
    You can disagree with dictators and not collaborate with them and being cold to them.

For example,when someone which was a supporter of the Empire,Sith,First order would have come to Maz Tavern,she could have treat them
    with some coldness. And express her unhappiness to what Siths,Empire and First Order were doing.
    But,I doubt this was the behavior of Maz.
    Anyway,offering a warming welcome to everyone had a chance to make those ones (Siths,Empire ,First order) to make them change a little from their behavior.
    So maybe Maz treats everyone with kindness .And Maz is actually more in the middle of the picture.

As for the stormtroopers,some are agreeing with what they are doing, but some are not.
    This is why we see stormtroopers at both sides of the picture.
    And even Fasma was disagreeing to what First Order was doing,since she agrees very fast to lower the shield of the Starkiller base.
    If she would have been a dark side fanatic,she would have chosen to die,but not lower the shields.

So,I keep my opinion that is not only a picture.

4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    You're reading way too much into it.
    Again, it's a poster. Made by a poster designer. Not by JJ Abrams. Not by the story group.
    There are no hints towards different alliegiances than what's shown in the film on it.

I suggest you read up on picture composition. Once you do, it will become more clear to you why the poster looks like it does. It's about balance in the image, and about being pleasing to the eye and drawing the viewer in.

Dagobah Dragonsnake likes this.
  5. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    I imagine the dark side only wishes Poe would pay them a visit!;)

I'd like to think that when Poe gets a lift he learns about BB-8's escape especially after he looks for a replacement jacket and learns one of the two involved in helping BB-8 escape Jakku was wearing one...

I also like to think BB-8 sent a text to Poe's Mobile letting him know what's going on after he recovered from Rey flying a spaceship...:D

6. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    More of a cconclusion then a obersvation but the TIE that sank in the sand made it more difficult 4 the FO 2 find Finn & Poe.

7. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    No offense, but the more you explain, the more I'm convinced that you're just reading too much into it.

Poe's activities are explained in the novelizations and actually make sense, given that he was stranded in the desert with nothing but the clothes on his back (save for the jacket) and in no position to hunt down BB-8. By the time he got back to the base, they were alerted that BB-8 was on Takodana (part of the reason that he takes that Resistance squad there).

Rey understood him because she learned astromech droid code language (Rey's Survival Guide). No Force used.

Yeah? That's in the move (and not on the poster).

Maz didn't want to help since she knew that Han needed to do it. No relevance to the poster, either.

These two sentences are mutually contradictory and only the second is consistent with the movie.

DId you miss how they razed her castle and were shooting at everyone?

You lost me here.

You lost me again. What does this have to do with the story, much less the poster theory?

You lost me again. And if your saying that Maz's positioning close to the middle is evidence that she's not swayed by the dark side, Rey is actually in the middle, which is stronger evidence that she's not as leaning to the dark side as you've been saying.

Then why does the movie make it clear that Finn's desertion is unheard of and all the other troopers we see are completely loyal?

Um, no. She tells Finn, Han, and Chewie: "You can't be so stupid as to think this will be easy. My troops will storm this block and kill you all." She's cooperating since she believes that they will fail anyways, so why die for nothing?

Your free to do that, but I really don't understand where your coming from. It's just a collage of characters from the movie.

8. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    WebLurker :
    This thread is called "thing you have noticed in force awakens" not "popular opinions about The Force Awakens characters".
    I do not want to continue the argument about what is presented on "The Force Awakens" theatrical poster.
    Since other people are also entitled to post here what they have noticed and I would not want to just continue the argument about what I have posted earlier.

9. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016

Okay.

Ricardo Funes and Stoneymonster like this.
  10. Jango--John

Jango--John Jedi Master star 3

Jan 17, 2005
    I noticed that the sounds of the Rathtar seem to be made from pre-existing sounds. I recognized the sound of a Reek and Acklay from AOTC after it grabs Finn.

Also, the burping sound of the Sarlacc.

Anyone catch any others?

11. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I noticed that there are SEVERAL DEAD Stormtroopers in the same room where Finn pointing a blaster to Phasma's head and forcing her to lower the shields.

I guess Han/Chewie/Finn were really going to town.... Phasma maybe noticed that :)

If you were Phasma, what would you do? I would lower the shields as well....

12. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    If you value your life, you would. Live to fight another day.

13. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    [REMOVED] too far

14. BlueHenDave

BlueHenDave Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 21, 2013
    I noticed that in TFA while the sounds were good it did not have the distinct sounds that were found in past Star Wars movies. There were a few but the other movies and specifically the OT had very distinct sounds,

15. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    I apologize

16. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    there are tons of old sounds in tfa.

17. BlueHenDave

BlueHenDave Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 21, 2013
    Agreed, however, when I close my eyes and listen to OT, the sounds jump out at me. When I do this with TFA, while I hear them its not as distinct. Not a bash on TFA just an observation

Was Ben Burtt involved with TFA?

18. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    He's credited with "Sound Design" on TFA.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  19. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star...nes-Reference-You-Probably-Missed-110337.html

20. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    I think there should have been a scene of the first order at the crash site y'know something like this:

First Order troopers scour the crash site looking for any signs of life or even wreckage, there is nothing but a smoking black crater

Stormtrooper #1: Someone survived the crash, the tracks go off in this direction

suddenly a second stormtrooper spots something in the sand: a piece of Stormtrooper armor that had been discarded

Stormtrooper #2: Look sir a traitor!

21. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    there was no crash site. it disappeared.

22. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    YesI know I even mentioned that...

23. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016

I missed that.

24. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    A small thing, but I noticed that Luke doesn't wear an outer Jedi robe like Kenobi or Qui-Gon. Like in ROTJ, he wears a cloak and cowl, draped over his shoulders and unclasped. However, it's in traditional Jedi brown, rather than black.

Not really relevant, but I noticed it.

25. patrickurrutia

patrickurrutia Jedi Master star 1

Feb 14, 2007
    yeah I noticed Luke's new cloak in Force Awakens similar to his black/brown one from Return of the Jedi.

Dunno if I would wear a cloak like Luke's if youre just standing around when there's wind blowing. Sheesh lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.