main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Things youv'e picked up on your 10th viewing of AOTC

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by theWOOK, May 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theWOOK

theWOOK Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2002
    I wanted to start a thread just about odd things, easter eggs, what ever we have spotted.

2. theWOOK

Apr 3, 2002
    A statue of what looks a heck of a lot like Darth Maul in the Jedi Temple

3. Jedi_Gepper

Jedi_Gepper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    Ten! You're on ten? Darn it! I'm not quite there yet. Perhaps you were just using that as a specific number denoting a generally large number of viewings.
    Anyway, I can't remember what I noticed. I did note that Bothan, which was cool. There's just so much to see in any given scene that I have trouble focusing. Perhaps this means I must see it again. Hmmm.

4. Naboo Queen

Naboo Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 1999
    I missed the Bothan!!!!!!
    I saw the Falcon.

5. sidra

sidra Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 8, 2002
    I saw what's supposed to be "Uncle George" in the senate. It's hard to tell... you can make out a little grey head.

6. Boba_Binks

Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 2001
    I am finding all kinds of cool things. I have it in the theaters seven times now and about 20 times at home. ;)
    There are alot of things that are hard to pick up on and see. Like did you know in the nightclub scene that the original Ephontmon costume is in the background? Very cool when you see it.
    I am going to go see the movie again this afternoon / night with a friend from Ft. Wayne. Well, have fun looking for things.

7. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    When Obi-wan is falling and Anakin is racing under him to catch him on the speeder, watch closely, when Obi-wan lands and is climbing into the speeder, the two antennas between the headrests are missing, then, poof, they are back in the next shot. Once you notice it, it is very obvious.

8. GregTheGotal

GregTheGotal Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2001
    When Padme and Anakin are eating Anakin lifts Padme's "space pear" to his plate and cuts it. Look inside the pear to find the Imperial insignia!

Dexter Jettster is wearing an IZOD shirt! Instead of an alligator the little embroidered logo is a kaadu, the creatures the gungans rode into battle on in The Phanton Menace.

I haven't heard these before, just things I picked up when I saw the film a few times.

9. theWOOK

Apr 3, 2002
    Speaking of the airspeeder antennas, I think they are deer sirens. My wife's car has them on the front and they emit a high pitched noise that scares off dear.

Speaking of the Pear watch as Anakin starts to cut the pear, he makes the cut in the middle when the pear switches to cg it has been cut at the bottom.

10. OriginalBryGuy

OriginalBryGuy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    I keep hearing that the dug Anakin almost runs into while falling to meet Zam is Sebulba.

11. Anna_kin

Anna_kin Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2001
    I just got back from seeing AOTC for the second time, and I noticed something. When Obi-Wan and Jango are fighting on Kamino, Obi-Wan falls down and his hair falls back. Since it is raining, this would normally mean a majorly bad hair day for our friend Obi-Wan. ((Ok, ok, so I'm obsessed with his hair!!!)) But when he gets back up, every hair is in its perfect little place as though he hasn't been fighting at all.

12. obrian93

obrian93 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 24, 2001
    Wook, I don't think those deer whistles look. I mean, come on, if you're not scared of a speeding car. . .

And BriGuy: I've never heard a more sickening example of Dug-prejudice in my life! I'm sure they "all look the same" to you. . . Dugs are people too. Well, not so much, but you know.
    ;)

I've only seen it once, so I still can't get past Ani's spoon-fingers on his robot hand.

13. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    "I keep hearing that the dug Anakin almost runs into while falling to meet Zam is Sebulba."

All the Dugs in Ep2 have hair, Sebulba's bald. If it's one thing I know, it's my Dugs. ;) The same people will try to tell you that it's Ratts Tyrell (who died in Ep1) sitting with the Sebulba imposter, or even worse, his Ratts' wife. [face_plain]

14. OriginalBryGuy

Apr 9, 2002
    Oh riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight and this isn't Coruscant, the most technilogically advanced planet in the Star Wars galaxy.

Like Sebulba couldn't have had gene thearapy to grow hair or something? haha..

I don't know, if you seen one dug, you've seen them all, but I'll bet cash that Lucas might have intended that to be Sebulba..guess I'll have to do more research. haha

15. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2

Jorg_Sacul_from_C2 Jedi Master star 3

May 30, 2002
    I'm making a return trip to see the infamous Coke can at Anakin's feet.

Pepsi, the choice of a new generation of clones.

Have a Coke and a Sith!

16. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    I thought Pepsi was the chosen Imperial drink

[image=http://mywebpages.comcast.net/incom4/MVC-001F.JPG]

17. Naboo Queen

Naboo Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 1999
    It seemed at C2, that the adult beverages were preferred by the Imperials!

18. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    Yes...but we were out of uniform :)

19. BFoust

BFoust Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2002
    New here, but I have to throw in a couple things. The one that grates me the most is the "suddenly missing midsection of Padme's shirt". Notice when she climbs up the stone column the first time her top is complete. Then the thing scratches her back and suddenly her entire midrift is exposed. I thought I noticed a piece of cloth drifting down after the thing fell, but that doesn't explain how it could come off.

BAH!

Of course later after Padme gets thrown from the chariot and turns around to run back into it she has no scar on her back.

As for "easter eggs" here are a few I've read about, but haven't been able to see yet.

One of the "butt beasts" on Naboo were put in the asteroid field and again later in the carnage of the arena battle.

During the Zam chase, both an X-wing and a TIE fighter are in the Coruscant traffic.

Anyone seen the infamous "THX1138" that always appears?

Bill

20. yodafett_77

yodafett_77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Allegedly, the 1138 is in the sand when Padme is rolling down the hill...but i haven't been able to make it out...

21. BFoust

BFoust Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2002
    One more thing. The realization the Boba Fett IS Jango Fett's clone. He calls him son, BUT remember Taun We saying that Jango wanted an UNALTERED clone and one WITHOUT the grown acceleration? I originally thought that we would see Jango come back and that his clone was who got killed, BUT thats not possible if the clone did not get the growth acceleration. How old is Boba? He would have to be about 10 years old.

Maybe I'm slow, but this was quite a revelation for me.

Bill

22. thraken76

thraken76 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2001
    yup... you're slow

23. OriginalBryGuy

Apr 9, 2002
    Many things in Episode II are becoming quite the revelation for sure.

About Padme...if hot chicks clothes suddenly dissapear, trust me, it's always a good thing.

24. Club_333

Club_333 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2001
  25. Spencerian

Spencerian Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2002
    Don't forget the three Corellian freighters (that's the Millienium Falcon-class ships) at the Naboo spaceport just as Padme and Anakin's ship lands there. Look for them on the left.

And I only needed to see it 4 times for that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.